Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Jul 2005, 10:37 (Ref:1348643)   #1
brendan24688
Racer

brendan24688 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Middle East Race in '07

http://www.v8x.com.au/cms/A_104763/article.html
Old 7 Jul 2005, 08:41 (Ref:1349365)   #2
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that AVESCO should change the name from: V8 Supercars Australia to V8 Supercars International
Old 7 Jul 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1349570)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These international races are more like a collection plate for a church................
Old 7 Jul 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1349856)   #4
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
These international races are more like a collection plate for a church................
You could hardly call AVESCO christian fundamentalists. I think that you may have taken a slightly shallow and narrow-minded approach, but I dont want to start the "Who is right and Who is wrong" debate again
Old 8 Jul 2005, 03:49 (Ref:1350085)   #5
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well what's wrong with V8's going a 'bit' more international???...

I mean, the best example is Champcars... I think that they have a great mix. I don't know if Champcars are a 'United States' series, or a 'North American' series. But lets say their a 'United States' series. They go to their neighbouring countries (Canada and Mexico, ie V8s go to New Zealand) and Champcars do a pretty decent trip to Australia too. I reckon its great, and if V8s do the same, then its OK...

I like it that they said there'll be a minimum of 10 races in Australia, and a maximum of 4 Overseas. I see nothing wrong with that...

Then again, each to their own...
Old 8 Jul 2005, 10:13 (Ref:1350229)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
You could hardly call AVESCO christian fundamentalists. I think that you may have taken a slightly shallow and narrow-minded approach, but I dont want to start the "Who is right and Who is wrong" debate again
It was more or less a way of saying that these overseas trips are more about lining pockets than it is about motor racing

f1freak - All well and good for them to say that there will be 10 races still in Australia, but this will be the least amount of races ever held for the top guns in local Touring Cars in Australia.
Old 8 Jul 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1350428)   #7
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. We're going overseas to promote ourselves for the benefit of the sport more than anything. The fans aren't missing out to the degree that people are making out. Ten rounds here, four overseas - seems like a good deal to me.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 9 Jul 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1351063)   #8
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. We're going overseas to promote ourselves for the benefit of the sport more than anything.
What benefits will there be for the sport ie Australian motorsport scene ??

Sponsorship from Saudi Arabia, China etc where they will only race once a year ? I dont see it

The only thing v8 races in other countries will do is give more money to Avesco and boost ego's. Personally I'd rather they didn't.
Old 9 Jul 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1351084)   #9
dean11
Rookie

Australia
Adelaide
dean11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally i think it's good that they go overseas...maybe then AVESCO can see what real racetracks are all about and pour some of their hard earned money into upgrading our tracks round the country before they all get shut down due to the increasing housing developments!!!!
Old 9 Jul 2005, 12:50 (Ref:1351090)   #10
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean11
Personally i think it's good that they go overseas...maybe then AVESCO can see what real racetracks are all about and pour some of their hard earned money into upgrading our tracks round the country before they all get shut down due to the increasing housing developments!!!!
I dont think Avesco would agree to that and I dont think they really should have to either. What I do believe is that they should act in a way that is sustainable for motorsport as a whole.
Old 9 Jul 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1351097)   #11
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Face it, there were probably more Aussies at the Shanghai round than at Eastern Creek! Bring it on I say, so long as the racing is good!
Old 9 Jul 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1351234)   #12
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean11
Upgrading what though?

The facilities? Of course improvements & maintenance are always desired over time, but the Shanghai circuit was built to satify FOCA, no other Australian circuits bar Albert Park, it is an unfair comparison to compair Shanghai to regular Australian circuits.

The tracks? Shanghai is flat and unimaginative, give me the rise and fall of Wanneroo or the tight confines of Winton any day.

Looks like this thread is headed down the same path as two previous one's unfortunatly