Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Sep 2005, 15:34 (Ref:1413169)   #76
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good post P-C. Minassian posted a 1:12.421 on Dunlops last year and missed out on pole by about 3 tenths. I know that the 04S is a bit better than what Creation had last year at Road Atlanta. But I suspect qualifying will be a brilliant show this year.

Now, at Laguna Seca I believe Shimoda will have no challengers for pole and will break Capello's record of 1:15.028 set in 2000.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1413245)   #77
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may seem like a stupid question, but what tires will the Zytec be running on?
Dyson has proved that it does make a big difference.

By the way, have we forgotten about Audi? I know we all love Dyson, and are pumped to see Zytec running, but we can't just drop one of the best sports cars ever made.

that comment's gonna cause some remarks
Old 21 Sep 2005, 17:20 (Ref:1413258)   #78
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster
This may seem like a stupid question, but what tires will the Zytec be running on?
Michelin!
Old 21 Sep 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1413301)   #79
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster
By the way, have we forgotten about Audi?
I am trying!!!!!

I do agree, the Audi is indeed awesome!

robert
Old 21 Sep 2005, 20:23 (Ref:1413394)   #80
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think that anyone has forgotten about the Audi. They'll be there come race day.

But, the old 675 cars are qualifying specials, especially at a track like Road Atlanta. Actually, Champion only have one pole this year, which was at Lime Rock (I'm excluding Sebring as there was no official qualifying). In fact, Champion have been shut out from the front row three times (Mid Ohio, Portland and Mosport). But I also think it's fair to say that Champion have always focussed on having a great racecar come race day, which is backed up by their win record.

Oh, and I just looked, Weaver posted a 1:11.241 in the Spring Road Atlanta race on Michelins.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 23:40 (Ref:1413546)   #81
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahh right, 675.

I forgot this forgotten class. Though it should not be forgotten, with these little cars now packing a big punch. The thought that some day a 675 car would win outright, has come true, but who would have thought it would be in the higher class?
Old 22 Sep 2005, 00:01 (Ref:1413557)   #82
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
I don't think that anyone has forgotten about the Audi. They'll be there come race day.
Yep, phenomenal car, phenomenal driving, backed by a team that never seems to make a mistake. As much as you can talk about just the Audi itself, it has always had the driving and mechanical support that was top of the list as well. You have to hand it to Champion, they are certainly are par level, or near to Joest when it comes to running the cars.

robert

edited for really bad spelling...
Old 28 Sep 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1419240)   #83
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Preview.

Sorry about the delay.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1419302)   #84
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Now, at Laguna Seca I believe Shimoda will have no challengers for pole and will break Capello's record of 1:15.028 set in 2000.
This will be interesting; Laguna was one of the spectacularly bad circuits for Goodyear, which contributed heavily to Corvette not winning there until last year. So Dyson should be in much better form this year than last.

Again, not a lot of slower corners for the Zytek to be clearly better, but it probably will be easier for Shimoda to get the pole than at Road Atlanta.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 28 Sep 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1419320)   #85
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I give them the nod, as the Zytek has a good level of downforce. Zytek's car is the newer version (in comparison to Creation), has Michelin rubber, and of course there is Shimoda.

Creation grabbed pole last year on Dunlops with a 1:15.893. This is not a Dyson track, but they should improve some. Don't see Champion improving too much, if any. So, I think that puts Zytek in the catbird seat so to speak in qualifying.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 01:54 (Ref:1419552)   #86
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think zytek will get the pole for p1 and i think intersport for p2, gt1 is hard to say, there all so close, and P2 will be a Porsche
Old 29 Sep 2005, 12:30 (Ref:1419911)   #87
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just read ALMS radio will be there so for all of us in Europe this is very good news.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 15:42 (Ref:1420116)   #88
E. Becclestone
Racer

E. Becclestone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes indeed- www.yoursportradio.com