Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Dec 2008, 11:25 (Ref:2358763)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Jim Clark. Hockenheim 2009.

Dont like bringing bad news to the foram but it looks like they have pulled the plug for Jim Clark next year. Hope this is not a sign of things to come. Keep smiling.
Old 20 Dec 2008, 12:15 (Ref:2358790)   #2
dr46rossi
Rookie

Germany
Düsseldorf
dr46rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jim clrak would not be in hockenheim, next year.
They are lookinf for an other place.
at the the moment they are looking for lausitzring or Zolder, but i think the jim clark revival has to be in hockenheim
Old 14 Jan 2009, 08:52 (Ref:2371173)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like its back on at Lausitzring. Me and Compte were one of the first English teams to go there. Its a long way not far from Dresdon but a fantastic facility.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2371357)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was told by a reliable source that the only reason for it being moved was because they could not actually fit it in to the circuits dates,nothing to do with financial problems at all.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2371360)   #5
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I was told by a reliable source that the only reason for it being moved was because they could not actually fit it in to the circuits dates,nothing to do with financial problems at all.
That's what I heard from Ronnie - something to do with the DTM taking the Jim Clark Revival date. In any event, at the risk of appearing lacking in taste, my English teacher told me, that in the English language, you could revive an event (eg Goodwood) but you could not revive a person unless you were God!
Old 14 Jan 2009, 15:43 (Ref:2371379)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's possibly the same in any language.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2371386)   #7
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves
That's what I heard from Ronnie - something to do with the DTM taking the Jim Clark Revival date. In any event, at the risk of appearing lacking in taste, my English teacher told me, that in the English language, you could revive an event (eg Goodwood) but you could not revive a person unless you were God!
What about Harry Potter then?
Old 14 Jan 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2371401)   #8
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marcus, don't be obtuse. Everyone knows that Harry Potter is fictional
Old 14 Jan 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2371405)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Noooooooooooooooo, really? What about that Anglia? That's real surely?
Old 14 Jan 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2371409)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Naaaaaaaaaaaa. Terrance said it was all done by trick photography
Old 14 Jan 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2371410)   #11
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's the official scoop copied from their site regarding change of venue:
"JIM CLARK-REVIVAL, cannot take place at the Hockenheimring in 2009. Since we already had to give up our traditional JCR date (the last weekend in April) to the DTM in October 2008, we were now “chased away” from our second possible JCR date, 14.05. – 17.05.2009 once again because of the DTM."
And here's a link to the offical release of the new date:http://www.jimclark-revival.com/file...JCR%202009.pdf
Hope you make it gentlemen, you'll have a 10/10er egging you on from the grandstand.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2371460)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Naaaaaaaaaaaa. Terrance said it was all done by trick photography
Wasn't me,I thought it was all real,like Father Christmas?
Old 14 Jan 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2371590)   #13
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokystove
Hope you make it gentlemen, you'll have a 10/10er egging you on from the grandstand.
You'll need a VERY long arm from that grandstand at Laus*itzring.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2371648)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
When we finnaly arrived at the track i was so pleased the first thing i did was to play my Moody Blues CD and play air guitar to the empty grandstands.Excelent.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2371672)   #15
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did HE drive at the Lausitzring. Or is somebody organising history??
But to me , Hockenheimring thats sadly enough pretty much Jim Clark I would
Old 15 Jan 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2371919)   #16
dr46rossi
Rookie

Germany
Düsseldorf
there will be the jim clark revival (on Tour) at the lausitzring at 14-17.5.2009.
On the first date from Hockenheim, know the Hockenheimring makes a own event, the "Hockenheim historic- In memotry of Jim Clark"
www.hockenheim-historic.de
kind regards
marcel
Old 18 Jan 2009, 11:45 (Ref:2373813)   #17
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn´t this the same old story?
1:An "amateur" get a bright idea, and it works.
2:A profesional promotor want to have it.
3:"Amateur" wouldn´t give it up
4:Lets push him out.
5:We make the same concept, same place, another name

Not very sympathic in my book, but hell, thats life: The strong eats the weak
Old 18 Jan 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2373854)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Im going to keep quiet on this one Henrik it might just work in our favour if they invite us less high profle racers. Any idea Marcel on what formula are being invited to Hockenheim.
Old 18 Jan 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2373866)   #19
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I quite understand.
Any promotor worth their money, look at these pages.
But they must also know that they have to behave decent, because sometimes things are too clear.

I reserve both weekends, just in case we´re lucky.
Old 19 Jan 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2374305)   #20
dr46rossi
Rookie

Germany
Düsseldorf
we want to talk this week for the Hockenheim classics. If there are interesting !racing! seriers (i think they would make less racing and more concours d#elegance etc)it would be interested for us.

i will inform when i get news

Last edited by John Turner; 19 Jan 2009 at 11:57. Reason: To avoid confusion.