Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Dec 2017, 17:15 (Ref:3787711)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
DONINGTON HSCC

HSCC season opener.....
Old 21 Jan 2018, 22:02 (Ref:3794168)   #2
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like a widely representative event.

Who here is going to be there?
Old 22 Jan 2018, 07:06 (Ref:3794248)   #3
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me (in my oganisational capacity)...
Old 22 Jan 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3794258)   #4
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be racing the Chev Camaro in Historic Road Sports. This is my last season, so my last race at DP. [wipes tear from eye]...
Old 22 Jan 2018, 13:24 (Ref:3794281)   #5
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Planning to be out in the Gemini (crosses fingers)
Old 8 Feb 2018, 21:45 (Ref:3799700)   #6
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
if it all goes to plan

(man and mice and their fate spring to mind)

Mitter DKW in HFJ
Ralt RT1 in CF3
Titan in HFF

RuE
Old 28 Feb 2018, 14:13 (Ref:3804583)   #7
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Formula Ford 1600's have just passed the 50-entry point so the HSCC Office has decided to add our A & B race format. Another 14 spaces are now available.

See Single-seater forum for updates. Rgds to all, Dick Dixon HFF
Old 9 Mar 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3807023)   #8
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News from the Historic Sports Car Club

Friday 9 March 2018

Jim Clark to be remembered by HSCC

The life and racing success of Jim Clark will be remembered by the Historic Sports Car Club at Donington Park on Saturday April 7.

The HSCC’s opening race meeting of the season falls exactly 50 years from the day Clark was killed in a Formula 2 accident at Hockenheim and the Club plans to mark the occasion. A one-minute silence will be held before the first race on Saturday afternoon and the event programme will include an appreciation of the Scot’s achievements.

The weekend’s race programme will include some of the types of car raced by Clark across his decade of racing, including Lotus Cortinas, Lotus 18s, Lotus 23Bs and single-seater racing cars from the era before wings and slicks.

The life of the double World Champion, who was just 32 years-old when he died, has a special poignancy for the HSCC as the Club’s CEO Grahame White was a friend of Clark and had breakfast with him on the day of the tragedy.

White said: “April 7 1968 is a date I will always remember. I was at Hockenheim that day working as a Sportkommissare for the Automobile Club Von Deutschland. Motor racing changed that weekend because everybody considered Jim Clark to be the one driver who would never be killed racing. I don't think he ever quite knew what all the fuss was about in relation to his ability in a racing car. He was totally natural in a car."

A total of 17 races across the weekend will cover cars from 11 of the HSCC’s portfolio of championships and series. Entries are already building well, with over 50 Historic Formula Ford entered so far as well as strong responses in other categories. Entries are still open and more details are at www.hscc.org.uk

-ends-

For more information, contact the HSCC on 01327 858400, by fax to 01327 858500 and by e-mail to office@hscc.org.uk For media enquiries, please contact Paul Lawrence on 01952 510382.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 08:11 (Ref:3814302)   #9
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only went on the Sunday and thought it all just a bit lacklustre. I took a neighbour who is in to truck racing and I thought that was a poor introduction to club level motorsport for a newbie (although he had been to Spa back in the 80s) with only the Formula Fords producing great racing. Seemed to be lots of red lights/safety car periods too. Can't blame the weather as it was a reasonable if overcast day with just a few spots of rain mid afternoonDonington itself was in good shape though.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 10:39 (Ref:3814340)   #10
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's true there didn't seem to be any of the normal buzz of a season opener, most people I spoke to seemed a bit "oh well, here we go again" rather than being excited about the coming season. Ironically, the hugely improved paddocks seemed to amplify the lack of atmosphere with everyone spread out across relatively empty space. Even the weather couldn't be a***ed one way or the other!

Back there in a few weeks for the festival, let's hope we've all cheered up a bit by then
Old 9 Apr 2018, 11:31 (Ref:3814358)   #11
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was racing on the Saturday. I think it may be possible to expect too much of ordinary club racing. Perhaps that's the reason it all felt a bit lack-lustre for some. For the two novice historic racers in our HRS race, it probably all felt quite exciting and memorable. The HRS race, though not oversubscribed, had some good tussles going on.

It will take a bit of time for MSV's improvements to be completed (remember MSV at Snetterton ?) and I think there are some worthwhile changes. The new restaurant is well-placed but the staff and food supply was a bit erratic. Give it time.

So far as the racing was concerned, entries looked to be the same as last year, and of course Formula Ford support just keeps on increasing. Sunday's race card was a bit thin as allegedly two of the planned races were dropped due to lack of entries so quite an early finish.
Nick
Old 9 Apr 2018, 15:54 (Ref:3814440)   #12
kevski996
Rookie

kevski996 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slip Sliding Away by Gary Cadman, on Flickr
Old 9 Apr 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3814474)   #13
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree about the new restaurant/bar. It's been really well designed and utilises what was pretty much a wasted building. I very much had the impression on Saturday morning that the serving staff were at the bottom of a learning curve but things had improved by Sunday lunchtime. The quality of the food was good I thought.

The old Donington caff was probably the worst dining facility at a UK circuit - the new place is one of the best IMO.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 18:23 (Ref:3814482)   #14
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a typical 'club' meeting. What with festivals and star drivers now dominating historic motorsport maybe we have come to expect just too much. The one minute 'Jim Clark' silence took me back to that fateful day when I heard the terrible news whilst at Brands Hatch. Although this was a mite depressing later I particularly enjoyed the race long Morgan scrap between Richard Plant and Kevin Kivlochan and have included a few images from the day. Copyright www.retro-speed.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_1383.jpg   DSC_1379.JPG   DSC_1263.JPG  

DSC_1424.JPG   DSC_1419.JPG   DSC_1313.JPG  

Old 10 Apr 2018, 12:00 (Ref:3814640)   #15
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the photo of my moment down Craner Retrognome so it turns out that when it rains Craner isn't flat anymore...Who'd have guessed

I though how good the food was at the new restaurant as well a real positive improvement.

It was a bit of a rough weekend for me 3 broken uprights and a load of damage missing a spinning car and hitting a tyre wall on the infield of Mcleans. Not the way to start the season

Benn Simms
Old 12 Apr 2018, 14:30 (Ref:3815033)   #16
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castle Donington has always been one of those take it or leave it circuits for me, but have got to admit a vast improvement on the way it was, still work to be done but in the right direction at last.
Oh dear!! So Mr Attwood and Mr Reid turn up with a rather smart 911, tut tut, ( nice pic ) no mention of the heroic work by the ''Lads'' who got the car to the grid after a rocker decided to detach itself during practice and chasing round the countryside to obtain said replacement
Old 12 Apr 2018, 19:04 (Ref:3815069)   #17
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Castle Donington has always been one of those take it or leave it circuits for me, but have got to admit a vast improvement on the way it was, still work to be done but in the right direction at last.
Oh dear!! So Mr Attwood and Mr Reid turn up with a rather smart 911, tut tut, ( nice pic ) no mention of the heroic work by the ''Lads'' who got the car to the grid after a rocker decided to detach itself during practice and chasing round the countryside to obtain said replacement
Ah, so that's why it disappeared after going past me slowly at Coppice.

I have to confess I thought that would be the end of if for the day. Well done to all who fixed it. Sadly I was not around to see it race later.
Attached Thumbnails
1280px_Sat_HSCC_Donington_2018_ONED9124.jpg