Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Sep 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1398838)   #201
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mr Cole seems to have a lot of his information wrong, he kept on saying Chilton only did one stint whereas he actually did two, he also thinks that the Zytek is powered by a Judd!!!!

Zytek are not building a hybrid as of yet, from what i heard they are concentrating on new car.

I also am 90% sure we will see them in the States - they want payback for Mid-Ohio!
Old 4 Sep 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1398844)   #202
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
think something was mentioned about it either in this thread, can't remember where tho

As i said somewhere else + in one of my reports, the Chassis nr 12 that ran today was the one that Barazi owns, that he bought during raceweek at Le Mans, to save the entry (Epison ran out of money Le Mans race week, and threatned to withdraw that Thursday).. anyways.. Its Barazi's car, and the normal black Kruse one is back at the Courage factory in Le Mans, getting repairs. They are having ongoing issues with getting the Judd engine properly mounted ,since the engine is so heavy.

It now looks unlikely that they will be at Petit and Laguna, but very well could run two cars next year in the LMES.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1398852)   #203
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
Mr Cole seems to have a lot of his information wrong, he kept on saying Chilton only did one stint whereas he actually did two, he also thinks that the Zytek is powered by a Judd!!!!

Zytek are not building a hybrid as of yet, from what i heard they are concentrating on new car.

I also am 90% sure we will see them in the States - they want payback for Mid-Ohio!

Creation is working with KW to build a hybrid version of the DBA 03S for next year, but it wont be associated with Zytek.

As far as i know, zytek still has intentions to build a brand new LMP1 machine for next year.

And we will probably see 1 Zytek/DBA at Petit this year. no more than one.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1398901)   #204
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira
Fantastic cover Fab. Thanks a lot
Old 4 Sep 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1398923)   #205
tommy84
Rookie

Germany
Huenfelden
tommy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge
9,000 was the total attendance today. Pretty pitiful considering how good of a race it was (yet again!). These LMES races keep on getting better and better!
Well, it's always the case that Spa leads the attendance ranking by ages.

You have to consider that the fuel-price climbed 18 cents in the last week because of the Hurricane.
It's now over € 1,40 per litre Super 95

Also was Rallye Germany last weekend, not far away from the Ring.

But the race itself was a really good one. Fantastic final, the few people were all ok. Had a nice meeting from a german board
Greetings also to the DFH-Guys i've spotted at the Ford-Curve

Just a shame that pitwalk and autograph session were held at the same time.
I've decided to get some autographs but only 10% of the drivers appeared
Old 4 Sep 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1398935)   #206
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Llooks like freddy didnt drive his own car after all . He seemingly decided that if the car was a couple of laps down he would jump in , but as the car was always in contenting he decided to drop out . Fair play to him .

That young ball did a great job . Who exactly is he ?
Old 4 Sep 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1398957)   #207
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He is Robert Bell, a single seater driver who, along with many other things, drove Formula Renault V6 as a team mate to Hayanari Shimoda.

He did drive very well today, regularly on Turners pace, and quite often a little faster - caused some tension i understand!!!!

There is no way constructive work will begin on the Creation car before the end of the season simply because they need to keep the car in current config to compete in the LMES. With such success last year in the states i would be really surprised not to see them at least turning up to Leguna and or PLM.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 05:21 (Ref:1399193)   #208
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Championship :
- Zytek in the lead with 27 points
- Pescarolo 24 points
- Rollcentre #8 : 22 points
- Oreca and Creation : 18 points
- Jota : 16 points

Notice that none P1 has retired !
Old 5 Sep 2005, 10:00 (Ref:1399370)   #209
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I swallow my words from earlier in the year, Spyker 2nd!!
Old 5 Sep 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1399373)   #210
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands

WHAT A RACE!!!!! WHAT A RACE!!!! It had everything in almost all categories, down to the wire with brilliant performances by Zytek, Spyker, Sebah, Convers and the Swiss Lola tyeam (van der Poele is really on a run).
My kids were fascinated with the Spyker performance and also getting Donny and Jeroen's signatures. On top of that they collected tons of posters, autographs, etc. so I think I passed them the endurance virus .
My daughter was specially successful getting Vanina's signature, she will treasure that one.
The circuit has great viewing spots, I particularly liked Tribune 4 and also the one that overlooks the last chicane. While I'd hate to see the LMES getting the same levels of paraphernalia as F1, the category deserves better promotion and visibility. The podium ceremony was almost a desert and this was a shame after such an effort by teams and drivers. Hope to see even more races next year, this is a great championship.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1399470)   #211
tommy84
Rookie

Germany
Huenfelden
tommy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
My daughter was specially successful getting Vanina's signature, she will treasure that one.
The circuit has great viewing spots, I particularly liked Tribune 4 and also the one that overlooks the last chicane.
Bah, I've got 3 signatures from Vanina

It was a shame that the Mercedes grandstand was closed on saturday and sunday.
It's even better than the T4 as I could experience on friday but it's the same like in Hockenheim.
It's only open when a merc competes I think.

A very big minus is the ticketing system and the track itself with those control tickets if you change your viewing point where you have to leave the facility.
You hand it back then if you re-enter it and so on.
I also hate it to carry tickets with me, especially if I camp at the track.

At Spa you put a wristband on and that's it. You can't lose it, you don't get those control-tickets and you can walk around the whole track without leaving the controlled area
Old 5 Sep 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1399569)   #212
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heard the complaint about the tickets more than once...i nearly lost my control-ticket on Sunday (threw some paper away) but remembered just in time.
Even Camping am Nuerburgring had a wristband, you only had to show it and could re-gain access to the campsite!
Old 5 Sep 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1399592)   #213
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
I agree, even at LM they abandoned the system this year, you got ONE contremarque that you needed to show and not that "give and take game" . The most irritating is the main stands and the bridge to the pits where you are 10 meters or less from the place you need to give back the paper...ridiculous!!! Wristbands are perfect and I agree with tommy84, it was a shame that those stands were closed. Nevertheless it was a great weekend, hope to be there in 2006!!!
Old 5 Sep 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1399774)   #214
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering saterdaynight it probably was a goodthing the camping had wristbands..............

But after (sort off) recovering the race was absolute brilliant, great to see sthe Spyker drivers look at our DFH flag instead off the track!!!!!!

And the having to 2 zytecs (Reynard, DBA or god knows what else) and an Audi in a battle for most of the race, Chilton/Shimoda were extreemly impressive!!!!
Old 6 Sep 2005, 15:42 (Ref:1400481)   #215
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for those that wanna know what jc_nl meant:
Old 6 Sep 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1400693)   #216
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do remember steve is looking down from that place way up in the clouds stanger!!!!!
Old 7 Sep 2005, 04:05 (Ref:1401015)   #217
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Back to topic, I wanted to underline that all the P1 finished the race : none retired.

It was probably the first time in that kind of race, for a long time anyway...