Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2020, 01:06 (Ref:3957669)   #16
Driver TBA
Veteran
 
Driver TBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,376
Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/02/15...speedway-test/


Respectable effort for a super speedway virgin.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Driver TBA is offline  
__________________
What If the Hokey Pokey Really IS What It's All About???????????
Quote
Old 15 Feb 2020, 01:32 (Ref:3957671)   #17
one five five
Veteran
 
one five five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,851
one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Sure, but everyone knows these guys can't drive a proper race track ( "road course" ). Put him on an oval, where the bulk of the races are run, and watch him fill the bottom slot......
The bulk of the races are run on road and street circuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/02/15...speedway-test/


Respectable effort for a super speedway virgin.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
As Rowdy Burns once said

“Now let’s see you you go in a crowd”
one five five is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Feb 2020, 02:13 (Ref:3957673)   #18
V8 Fireworks
Veteran
 
V8 Fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,928
V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Sure, but everyone knows these guys can't drive a proper race track ( "road course" ).
You are thinking of NASCAR drivers. Indycar drivers tend to be pretty handy on road courses, lots of talent from GP2, DTM and F1. Australia's Will Power is Formula Holden champ and runner-up in Australian F3 after all.
V8 Fireworks is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Feb 2020, 23:36 (Ref:3957765)   #19
JAFA851
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
New Zealand
Posts: 500
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
The bulk of the races are run on road and street circuits
OK well I'll take that back then. I just remember when Scott Dixon went over there the bulk were ovals and it took him a little while to work it all out, and he'd come largely from single seaters than big heavy saloon cars.
JAFA851 is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Feb 2020, 00:23 (Ref:3957766)   #20
mayhem
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Posts: 3,153
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
OK well I'll take that back then. I just remember when Scott Dixon went over there the bulk were ovals and it took him a little while to work it all out, and he'd come largely from single seaters than big heavy saloon cars.
Joined the CART series in 2001, won a race on on Oval. Won the Indy car title in 2003. Long slog...
mayhem is offline  
__________________
The Jerk Store rang...
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2020, 00:45 (Ref:3957878)   #21
Axeman444
Veteran
 
Axeman444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Posts: 4,095
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL 12 of 17 events on Road/Street... but don't let the jaded opinions cloud anything.
Axeman444 is offline  
__________________
In the words of the Great Forrest Gump: I'm not a smart man, but at least I know where the Dog on the Tuckerbox is
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2020, 03:26 (Ref:3957892)   #22
V8 Fireworks
Veteran
 
V8 Fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,928
V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supercars says
Quote:
The Commodore will remain on track for the 2020 Championship season.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/02/17...tiring-holden/

This is remarkably non-specific with respect to Commodore participation in the 2021 championship.

With Holden to be scaled down ASAP and cease sales by the end of 2020, it raises rather a question mark really.
V8 Fireworks is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2020, 04:00 (Ref:3957895)   #23
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran
 
Tourer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Australia
Sideways
Posts: 3,062
Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!
Well, of course it's non-specific re 2021, the Holden announcement was only made to the company's staff today. Many more discussions to come re external programs over the coming days/weeks.

Maybe there'll be a GM (not Holden) product racing in VASA in 2021, maybe not.

Might be the time to point out that NASCAR's new car comes online in 2021, maybe it's time to renew that friendship and just go that way?
Tourer is offline  
__________________
“We’re far from having too much horsepower…[m]y definition of too much horsepower is when all four wheels are spinning in every gear.” ― Mark Donohue
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2020, 04:59 (Ref:3957907)   #24
V8 Fireworks
Veteran
 
V8 Fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,928
V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Well, of course it's non-specific re 2021, the Holden announcement was only made to the company's staff today. Many more discussions to come re external programs over the coming days/weeks.
Supercars administration should have anticipated this and signed many more than two manufacturers up to the series. Indeed at one point there were five manufacturers, but Supercars were unable to retain three of these.
V8 Fireworks is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2020, 06:08 (Ref:3957913)   #25
simonracer
Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Australia
Brisbane
Posts: 168
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see why there couldn't be Commodores racing next year unless they bring forward the regulation change, even if it's without Holden money.
simonracer is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2020, 06:37 (Ref:3957917)   #26
V8 Fireworks
Veteran
 
V8 Fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,928
V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer View Post
I don't see why there couldn't be Commodores racing next year
Roland Dane says
"We don’t want to look like a secondhand car yard. If we’ve got cars that are not available anymore, with shapes that belong to a bygone era, you can only do that for a limited time. I don’t think that’s in anyone’s interest, and I don’t think there is any need to do it.
https://autoaction.com.au/2018/03/13...dhand-car-yard

I think it would be feasible to permit only Mustang, and require everybody to run an off-the-shelf Ford Racing 5.2L alluminator crate engine (to cut costs). It would certainly solve parity issues.

The process to convert a ZB Commodore to a Mustang is straight-forward, and everybody would be on a level playing field with the cheap bog standard $34,000AUD crate engines, instead of the current highly customised $150,000AUD Windsors. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-A52XS

Gen 3 could be postponed until such a time that another manufacturer is interested.
V8 Fireworks is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2020, 07:07 (Ref:3957922)   #27
mayhem
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Posts: 3,153
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Honest question: What does a manufacturer bring these days outside of dollars? Aren't they little more than a large sponsor to the sport these days?

And if not, surely this is the wake up call Supercars needs to run the sport without any manufacturer involvement.
mayhem is offline  
__________________
The Jerk Store rang...
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2020, 07:31 (Ref:3957928)   #28
bluesport
Veteran
 
bluesport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Australia
Posts: 2,995
bluesport is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Roland Dane says
"We don’t want to look like a secondhand car yard. If we’ve got cars that are not available anymore, with shapes that belong to a bygone era, you can only do that for a limited time. I don’t think that’s in anyone’s interest, and I don’t think there is any need to do it.
https://autoaction.com.au/2018/03/13...dhand-car-yard

I think it would be feasible to permit only Mustang, and require everybody to run an off-the-shelf Ford Racing 5.2L alluminator crate engine (to cut costs). It would certainly solve parity issues.

The process to convert a ZB Commodore to a Mustang is straight-forward, and everybody would be on a level playing field with the cheap bog standard $34,000AUD crate engines, instead of the current highly customised $150,000AUD Windsors. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-A52XS

Gen 3 could be postponed until such a time that another manufacturer is interested.
Great idea re the 5.2L crate engine.
bluesport is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2020, 08:01 (Ref:3957939)   #29
Mixer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location:
Surry Hills, NSW
Posts: 5,621
Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Supercars administration should have anticipated this and signed many more than two manufacturers up to the series. Indeed at one point there were five manufacturers, but Supercars were unable to retain three of these.
There was only ever 4 manufacturers and one very expensive vanity project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer View Post
I don't see why there couldn't be Commodores racing next year unless they bring forward the regulation change, even if it's without Holden money.
No doubt they will keep them going next year and possibly after that. After all no manufacturers are required for Super2 cars....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Great idea re the 5.2L crate engine.
Except that there is a LOT more options and parts for the LS motors, and FAR more series use such over any Ford crate motor.
Mixer is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2020, 08:18 (Ref:3957944)   #30
bluesport
Veteran
 
bluesport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Australia
Posts: 2,995
bluesport is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Except that there is a LOT more options and parts for the LS motors, and FAR more series use such over any Ford crate motor.
Better to have a quad cam more modern design.
bluesport is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2020 VASC Silly Season GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 1217 Yesterday 09:05
2019 VASC Silly Season (WITH POLL) peckstar Australasian Touring Cars. 1801 9 Jan 2020 04:08
2018 VASC Silly Season (with POLL) GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 2074 19 Oct 2018 05:49
2017 VASC Silly Season mayhem Australasian Touring Cars. 2597 30 Jan 2018 07:34
2016 VASC Silly Season EBXR8 Australasian Touring Cars. 1747 19 Feb 2017 03:38


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.