Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8 Apr 2020, 00:10 (Ref:3969217)   #16
djr81
Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 299
djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
The biggest problem for Barbagallo is the one road in/out.

Same with The Bend, QR & Phillip Island.

Winton was a similar problem until they got the traffic management plan right and added an extra multi lane exit and point different exits in different direction and it certainly helped get the peak exit over and done with a lot quicker.
Well Im guessing you have been around long enough to remember when you parked near the circuit after they checked your tickets at the outer gates. Then you'd spend over an hour getting back to Wanneroo road and some semblance of trafiic flow. Compared to that everything now works brilliantly.
djr81 is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Apr 2020, 02:37 (Ref:3970468)   #17
PVDA
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Australia
Melbourne
Posts: 2,947
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
and over/under passes for the Ho Hum Highway...
I have never tried to get out at the end of racing as I'm usually packing stuff up for a couple of hours but I can only imagine what it would be like if you still had to drive through Benalla or Glenrowan & Wangaratta or if the Hume was still only a 2 lane highway.

Some of the old timers have mentioned the now 2 hour drive to Melbourne was more like 3 hours in Sunday night Melbourne bound traffic.

Only Euroa, Benalla & Wangaratta had not yet been bypassed when I started to play at Winton back in '85.


Quote:
Originally Posted by djr81 View Post
Well Im guessing you have been around long enough to remember when you parked near the circuit after they checked your tickets at the outer gates. Then you'd spend over an hour getting back to Wanneroo road and some semblance of trafiic flow. Compared to that everything now works brilliantly.
I've only been over to Barbagallo a couple of times for Superbike events and as with Winton packing up so not trying to escape in peak traffic.
PVDA is offline  
Quote
Old 22 Jun 2020, 13:42 (Ref:3983229)   #18
Sandgroper
Veteran
 
Sandgroper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Posts: 1,758
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the news today:

https://www.perthnow.com.au/communit...eway-c-1112745

and links

https://www.wanneroo.wa.gov.au/consu...ay-master-plan

https://www.wanneroo.wa.gov.au/consu...1849bd6f4e.pdf

https://www.wanneroo.wa.gov.au/consu...17f66e43a2.pdf
Sandgroper is offline  
__________________
GO Hard or GO Home
Quote
Old 23 Jun 2020, 00:49 (Ref:3983293)   #19
275 GTB-4
Veteran
 
275 GTB-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
Posts: 3,299
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Only Euroa, Benalla & Wangaratta had not yet been bypassed when I started to play at Winton back in '85.
Also, the Ho Hum Hwy now pathetically drops to 80 Km/Hr (Highway #1 mind you!) past a the fuel outlet just south of Wodonga...I wonder how much money changed hands to make that happen...a very dangerous situation where you sometimes step out in front of B Doubles who are not going to slow for anybody...then some, cause a tailback when they want to exit to Barnawatha Commercial Estate...
275 GTB-4 is offline  
__________________
The good old days sure seem like a long time ago!!
Quote
Old 23 Jun 2020, 00:57 (Ref:3983294)   #20
Casper
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,345
Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Also, the Ho Hum Hwy now pathetically drops to 80 Km/Hr (Highway #1 mind you!) past a the fuel outlet just south of Wodonga...I wonder how much money changed hands to make that happen...a very dangerous situation where you sometimes step out in front of B Doubles who are not going to slow for anybody...then some, cause a tailback when they want to exit to Barnawatha Commercial Estate...
Try driving the truck when a car pulls out and does not speed up to clear the truck drivers safety margin and he then has to stand on the picks and maybe flat spots tyres which are not cheap to replace. Car drivers have far margin to play in than a B Double. I would rather have the ho hum highway than the two lane goat track that I was forced to drive on thank you very much.
Casper is offline  
Quote
Old 23 Jun 2020, 23:44 (Ref:3983475)   #21
275 GTB-4
Veteran
 
275 GTB-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
Posts: 3,299
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Try driving the truck when a car pulls out and does not speed up to clear the truck drivers safety margin and he then has to stand on the picks and maybe flat spots tyres which are not cheap to replace. Car drivers have far margin to play in than a B Double. I would rather have the ho hum highway than the two lane goat track that I was forced to drive on thank you very much.
Yep, no argument there...the appalling standard of driving is a worry (including some cowboys in trucks)...I was just highlighting the stupidity of dropping a National Highway speed limit to cause a choke point for dubious reasons...
275 GTB-4 is offline  
__________________
The good old days sure seem like a long time ago!!
Quote
Old 25 Jun 2020, 03:24 (Ref:3983703)   #22
Mr X
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11
Mr X should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The state government is quite clear in the report it will not allow the WASCC to control the additional land, nor will it give it money to build a track.

File it with high speed rail as another waste of money consultants report
Mr X is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone going to Barbagallo V8's??? DavidStHubbins Australasian Touring Cars. 24 10 Jun 2002 06:03
Barbagallo Raceway Perth W.a darren Australasian Touring Cars. 1 11 Sep 2001 11:52
Barbagallo Thoughts Crash Test Australasian Touring Cars. 9 29 Jun 2001 08:01


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.