Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Dec 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3341729)   #1
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Frosty afraid to race Jamie ??

I though that after Frosy's win at Bathurst, he'd turned the corner being forceful with Whincup. But over the last 4 races we've seen Whincup pull 3 banzai moves on Frosty that he hasn't defended that hard. He's punted Lowndes twice but when Jamie gets near him he seems to just let him by. I think Frosty needs to be harder on Jamie so he knows that if he pulls a move again it might not come off. I'm sure Jamie does it now knowing Frosty will get out of his way to aviod an accident.

Frosty was well within his rights to keep the boot in it in race 2 yestarday when Jamie moved over on him on the straight. Frosy had nothing to lose and Jamie had a championship on the line and Frosty bailed out !!!!

If he ever wants to beat Jamie he's got to start being agressive with him on the track not talking about it in the press.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3341730)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Just adding some points to the discusion

In NZ frosty tried the banzai move on Jamie and got thoroughly slammed for it.

Jamie paid him back next race (with a penalty) though

Frosty has been more aggressive this year, he had a reputation of not being overly agressive in previous years

Even at PI where Frosty made that perfectly realistic move on Lowndes. The caning he coped was harsh
Old 8 Dec 2013, 23:47 (Ref:3341766)   #3
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

Even at PI where Frosty made that perfectly realistic move on Lowndes. The caning he coped was harsh
But it didn't come off, damaged both their championships and boosted Jamie.

Not sure he has the racecraft he should have to be a #1.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3341769)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
But it didn't come off, damaged both their championships and boosted Jamie.

Not sure he has the racecraft he should have to be a #1.
Well it did come off, however Lowndes pushed the point and contact was made and the media and the lowndes lovers (of which their are many) caned Frosty for the attempt. when it was just as much lowndes fault

But this is trevs points, Frosty never pushes the point with Jamie

Last edited by peckstar; 8 Dec 2013 at 23:57.
Old 9 Dec 2013, 01:54 (Ref:3341790)   #5
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Well it did come off,
and lost how many places?

His problem is more than JW
Old 9 Dec 2013, 02:14 (Ref:3341792)   #6
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In race 35 frosty let him have the corner, In race 36 , Jamie sailed past him, as a casual observer, one might conclude the driver of car 5 is bit timid.

Compared to Notso and Gis who took it to Jamie in race 36 , and were not going to back off.

Yes the casual observer would have to say, Frosty is scared, I wonder if Jamie whooped his butt in Karts, FF etc , and he just cant get over it.
Old 9 Dec 2013, 02:20 (Ref:3341795)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
and lost how many places?

His problem is more than JW
how many places is really irrelevant. thats not the topic here

Did he fight against lowndes. yes., Did he fight against whincup . no

Seperatly

whincup blocked Frosty a number of times yesterday. Frosty didnt really bloke whincup at all when he ahd the chance

however I wonder if Frosty just didnt have the car yesterday and because the championship was over didnt care.

I have enjoyed the more agressive Frosty this year, Reckon thats why he is Bathurst Champion,

Think Lowndes will be more nervous of him going forward
Old 9 Dec 2013, 02:50 (Ref:3341804)   #8
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pecky, I agree, Lowndes will be more wary, but it Whincup he really needs to beat to win a Championship and Jamie will just keep pulling moves on him until Frosty puts a stop to it.

If Frosty had turned into turn 1 as per normal in race 35 and kept the boot in, in race 36. there would have been contact and I think most pundits would have pointed the finger of blame at JW and It would also have given Jamie something to think about next time he tries a dive bomb.

Like Prost did at Suzuka in 89, he told everyone, I have opend the door for Ayrton to avoid having an accident for the team, I will not do that anymore. Then he followed through with it !!!!
Old 9 Dec 2013, 03:21 (Ref:3341807)   #9
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree Frosty seemed a little gun-shy when dealing with JW on the Sunday.

I think the racer in him didn't want to be involved in a collision that affected a championship he wasn't involved in.

However from what I've seen, Mark's problem has been when attempting to pass others. Generally he's been a very fair racer when people are passing him.

And the pass by JW on Saturday, I think he caught Mark by surprise and, correctly, Mark wasn't going to get into a door banging episode on the first corner of a 250km race.
Old 9 Dec 2013, 05:20 (Ref:3341828)   #10
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
I agree Frosty seemed a little gun-shy when dealing with JW on the Sunday.

I think the racer in him didn't want to be involved in a collision that affected a championship he wasn't involved in.

However from what I've seen, Mark's problem has been when attempting to pass others. Generally he's been a very fair racer when people are passing him.

And the pass by JW on Saturday, I think he caught Mark by surprise and, correctly, Mark wasn't going to get into a door banging episode on the first corner of a 250km race.
Yeah, the championship fight was over for Frosty, so he let the Red Bull boys fight it out.........and I don't think any of the FPR boys had the cars to take the fight to them.