Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Sep 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3139544)   #26
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The cars and the sport have evolved.

The mentaility of the detractors has not.
hahaha Sooo funny, and so true.... yall stuck in past people! this is the future.

whats with all the hate on our race, Its not like its the only racing series on the planet in terms of "touring cars" HELLO? has anyone heard of NASCAR, DTM, BTCC, Super GT etc...

At least the V8 supercars make sure the cars look outwardly the same as a road car, none of this coupes out of 4-doors, parity bodies etc...
Old 21 Sep 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3139548)   #27
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
I would like to see Chrysler on the grid in 2014., like this one below..
That is not a Chrysler
Old 21 Sep 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3139552)   #28
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMax View Post
That is not a Chrysler
yes i know what it is, u have good eyes
Old 21 Sep 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3139560)   #29
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
OK, so the sport has evolved. But one five five has a point. They are no longer cars produced by the manufacturer represented by the badge. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but they only use the badge and the engine of the so called manufacturer.
I think it would be more correct to lable it all, "A 5th car represented" rather than implying that any certain car manufacturer makes the cars. They are not Holdens and Fords, they are COTF using a Holden (should read Chevy) and Ford engine and badges, that's all!
Is a CRG framed, Clubman engined Go Kart a Yamaha because they make the Clubman engine?
Is a Bimota DB8 a Ducati even though they only make the engine used in the bike?
I dont really see your point, i think you are just trying to justify the fact that you were wrong. Why not just admit it or just be quiet on it.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3139583)   #30
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
I would like to see Chrysler on the grid in 2014., like this one below..
Isn't that a Cadillac?
Old 21 Sep 2012, 11:04 (Ref:3139584)   #31
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
OK, so the sport has evolved. But one five five has a point. They are no longer cars produced by the manufacturer represented by the badge. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but they only use the badge and the engine of the so called manufacturer.
I think it would be more correct to lable it all, "A 5th car represented" rather than implying that any certain car manufacturer makes the cars.
Oh David, David, David; don't go there. You'll get pecked to death (read some recent posts on "The 4th manufacturer" thread for a hearty laugh)
Old 21 Sep 2012, 11:08 (Ref:3139588)   #32
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Oh David, David, David; don't go there. You'll get pecked to death (read some recent posts on the "4th manufacturer" thread for a hearty laugh)

i love it, all these people who said no no, Mercedes will never be in v8's trying to cover their butts with some weak as loser argument.. cry cry, tear tear, they're not really a manufacturer, blah blah blah

man up and admit you were wrong
Old 21 Sep 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3139589)   #33
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
i love it, all these people who said no no, Mercedes will never be in v8's trying to cover their butts with some weak as loser argument.. cry cry, tear tear, they're not really a manufacturer, blah blah blah

man up and admit you were wrong
Yeah right. You're like a little genie in a bottle; rub it up a bit and out you pop!
Old 21 Sep 2012, 11:15 (Ref:3139592)   #34
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Yeah right. You're like a little genie in a bottle; rub it up a bit and out you pop!
great come back,

you really manned up and showed them.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3139593)   #35
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Peckstar come on, people said Mercedes wouldnt be joining v8's.

They aren't - Erebus are Not sure what is weak about that.

If you would like further confirmation - re look at the MBA statement.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3139595)   #36
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Peckstar come on, people said Mercedes wouldnt be joining v8's.

They aren't - Erebus are Not sure what is weak about that.

If you would like further confirmation - re look at the MBA statement.
I just hear someone who cant admit they are wrong and then trying to tell me Mercedes aren't building v8 motors for the series. this is bigger than ford and Holden, they just pay an ever decreasing amount of money.

Man up DRT you were wrong, again
Old 21 Sep 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3139597)   #37
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No worries Pecky
Old 21 Sep 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3139599)   #38
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
No worries Pecky
go on you can do it

I was wr..wr..wro...wron ?
Old 21 Sep 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3139612)   #39
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
5th manufacturer? Toyota!!
Old 21 Sep 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3139614)   #40
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Isn't that a Cadillac?
yup, it certainly is..can't trick anyone on here

how cool does it look?, although the aero wouldn't do so well around cornering, it would most certainly get more people interested from America though. and what they did with the New Model Chrysler, a little input from the Euro's and now they've got a car 100X better then what it was. and so a new Version Cadilac to come out would'nt be such a bad idea.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 12:48 (Ref:3139629)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
A Ferrari for our V8 Supercar series!?

I want to buy a season pass just to see it every other weekend fly pass me but I know that the Italian Stallion carmaker won't be interested in the series. (I would gadly eat my hat if I see a Ferrari in the series)
Well since Fiat and Ferrari and Chrysler are part of the same family, a 300C with a 458-based engine under its nose would be an opportunity
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Sep 2012, 13:20 (Ref:3139643)   #42
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Well since Fiat and Ferrari and Chrysler are part of the same family, a 300C with a 458-based engine under its nose would be an opportunity
Well, good luck for Fiat/Chrysler on convincing Chairman Montezemolo to lend an engine for V8Supercars...
Old 21 Sep 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3139697)   #43
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Alfa Romeo Giulia will take around two years. I guess that the Chrysler 300C will be released before.

Quote:
arent Italian cars known for their lack of reliability,
Ferrari is about to win the FIA World Endurance championship. They won the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup the past two seasons.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 22:33 (Ref:3139750)   #44
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fix It Again Tony

Always Looking For Another

It's just the perception everybody has of Italian cars.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3139751)   #45
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
No worries Pecky
There's a pattern emerging here D.R.T.; everyone (and there's plenty) with a different opinion to him is wrong!
Old 21 Sep 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3139765)   #46
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
There's a pattern emerging here D.R.T.; everyone (and there's plenty) with a different opinion to him is wrong!

your still wrong, facts are facts, and you were wrong and now you want to attack me for being right.

debates over opinions are an entirely different discussion

Bring on Kia
Old 22 Sep 2012, 00:32 (Ref:3139772)   #47
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:

your still wrong, facts are facts, and you were wrong and now you want to attack me for being right
OK, I'll play your game (while I cook up some brunch). Quote, and I do mean quote, one comment I have made that is wrong, and please support your claim with facts that prove I'm wrong.
Old 22 Sep 2012, 02:29 (Ref:3139787)   #48
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys are out of control. Wherever there is a V8 thread, there is peckstar and others arguing about the most stupid of things. You guys can't even keep it to one thread.

I loved ten-tenths threads because they gather together information from lots of sources. However, it's really annoying wanting to read through threads to find good information and have to cut through endless pages of semantics and trying to get each other to admit they are wrong.

I wish there were threads that were kid-free, so we could just get on with having a grown-up discussion about the sports we love.
Old 22 Sep 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3139799)   #49
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
You guys are out of control. Wherever there is a V8 thread, there is peckstar and others arguing about the most stupid of things. You guys can't even keep it to one thread.

I loved ten-tenths threads because they gather together information from lots of sources. However, it's really annoying wanting to read through threads to find good information and have to cut through endless pages of semantics and trying to get each other to admit they are wrong.

I wish there were threads that were kid-free, so we could just get on with having a grown-up discussion about the sports we love.
you blame me, but it wasnt me who took it off topic with the same endless boring drivel

its always the haters and the trolls who take joy in running down v8 supercars
Old 22 Sep 2012, 03:41 (Ref:3139800)   #50
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think it would be more correct to lable it all, "A 5th car represented" rather than implying that any certain car manufacturer makes the cars. They are not Holdens and Fords, they are COTF using a Holden (should read Chevy) and Ford engine and badges, that's all!
Is a CRG framed, Clubman engined Go Kart a Yamaha because they make the Clubman engine?
Is a Bimota DB8 a Ducati even though they only make the engine used in the bike?
My point in my post quoted above dear Pecky, is that there are no "Car" manufacturers in the series next year except the company that makes the COTF. So to say who will be the 5th manufacturer is moot because there isn't a 4th, a 3rd or even a 2nd. Not very hard to figure out mate!! Now try to eat your own words and admit you were wrong and went off half cocked on the defend everything V8 Supertaxi path again.