Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Sep 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3144028)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Egg 2013 Dunlop V8Supercar Development Series

It seems that there are plans afoot to make a franchise system ala the main game feed somehow into the 2013 Dunlop V8Supercar Development Series.

Some has been written about this in the likes of AA, but they never really get to the benefits to the entrants.

From what we have seen so far, in 2013, there will apparently be 25 franchise holders for the DVS series.

Not sure exactly what qualifies an entrant as being one of the lucky 25 franchise holders, primarily because the discussions written in the funny papers seem to suggest that longstanding entrants shall be allocated one..

Of interest is the deal that Evans Motorsport seems to have done with Greg Murphy Racing. While conventional wisdom suggested that the entirety of the team was being taken over, the team equipment as well as the brace of Holden Commodore VE's, there have been suggestions that Evans Motorsport is only buying the entrant's licence to qualify the new entity for one of the 25 golden tickets for 2013...

Also of note is that Mr Eggleston is apparently running his ex-WP VE til season's end to also qualify for a franchise.

The '25' franchise holders are said to be committed to attending each round of the series, for what financial benefit isnt quite clear either.

The development series has had a number of goes at sorting out a financial future for itself, of getting a contra supply of onboard cameras for the teams, to trying to sell the lower door & sill areas on the cars to other series platform sponsor.

Wonder what lays in store for these guys...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Sep 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3144034)   #2
Eurobrun
Rookie

Aland Islands
Eurobrun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My understanding is that there will be 25 franchise entries but other cars will be allowed to enter in the same way as this year
Old 30 Sep 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3144035)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But it begs the question, what is the risk/reward/point of the franchise system?
Old 1 Oct 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3144561)   #4
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting post, GTR.

Seemingly, the risks are quite high - some heated discussions have taken place in the pits at events. Pretty cool all round, by all accounts.

The GRM/Evans deal is interesting as it doesn't seem to include licenses. Season 2013 is apparently near fully subscribed and sees preference given to those that have raced in previous seasons, including the current cars.

In essence, this means that each car that has raced this year will get a license. Those new entrants who have survived the recession and put funding in place for next year, such as Evans additional cars, will likely be battling to make the field.

There's no Main Series-style entry certainty, and seemingly some will come to each round in hope and go home in despair - This isn't the most productive way to run a feeder category.

This is all very interesting, and none of it takes into account the potential legal stoush around the original Level 3 licenses for those that have run for a very long time and their share of the equity payout upon the sale.

There's still much water to flow under the bridge yet!!!
Old 2 Oct 2012, 08:26 (Ref:3145065)   #5
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
But it begs the question, what is the risk/reward/point of the franchise system?
My guess would be the franchisees will be given some sort of appearance money/bonus for attending every round.

Round-by-round entrants would have to pay an entry fee.
Old 2 Dec 2012, 09:46 (Ref:3174132)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Mr Jane should think himself a lucky young man... taking delivery of the #9, a twice race winning SBR chassis...

... while Mr Russell apparently takes delivery of the as-raced #47 Lucky 7 Falcon, and Mr Hector takes possession of the 2012 Dunlop development series championship winner this week...
Old 2 Dec 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3174135)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
did skaife say 23 of the 28 cars out there today already have buyers.

should be a good series next year, excuses are reduced
Old 2 Dec 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3174137)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And some of the existing gear (VE's anyway..) in the development series seems to be changing hands too...
AA should do a feature on it
Old 2 Dec 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3174157)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I take it the Khumo series will be accepting BFs next year.
Old 2 Dec 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3174360)   #10
Eurobrun
Rookie

Aland Islands
Eurobrun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why does Micheal Hector still have a drive, he isn't a great driver and a bit of an idiot as well
Old 2 Dec 2012, 23:28 (Ref:3174363)   #11
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
$$ <-- ?

Ideally, there are a few guys that would be better-suited to the KV8s, but you can say that about any motorsport catagory.
Old 3 Dec 2012, 04:08 (Ref:3174451)   #12
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So where are all the cars going next year.

I know where most are going to but whats the actuall list.

And i havent heard if the Kelly Racing, HRT, BJR cars have been sold. I know that DJR want to keep 1 or 2 cars for a development drive.

Does anyone have a list of who has brought which cars.
Old 3 Dec 2012, 06:47 (Ref:3174484)   #13
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Russells have already taken delivery of the McLaughlin and Slade cars. But what will Drew be driving, or is he stepping out and letting Aaren have his shot?
Old 3 Dec 2012, 08:42 (Ref:3174507)   #14
Umai Naa
Veteran

I may be wrong, but I'm lead to believe the Russells already have an ex-SBR FG in their stable.
Old 3 Dec 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3174547)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
Russells have already taken delivery of the McLaughlin and Slade cars. But what will Drew be driving, or is he stepping out and letting Aaren have his shot?
Delivered today...

Old 3 Dec 2012, 10:05 (Ref:3174548)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I may be wrong, but I'm lead to believe the Russells already have an ex-SBR FG in their stable.
Sadly not.. although they do have 3 low mileage ex-BJR BFs for sale
Old 3 Dec 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3174755)   #17
kittle
Veteran

Quote:
I was led to believe that the Novacastrian Team were campaigning three FG's next year. They were trying to secure the third car earlier in the year.

Story here.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/08/15/...o-sbr-falcons/
Old 4 Dec 2012, 01:31 (Ref:3174820)   #18
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
led to believe ...
Thats an interesting term, I would not believe it til I saw it.
Old 4 Dec 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3174886)   #19
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post
led to believe ...
Thats an interesting term, I would not believe it til I saw it.
Well they have 2 cars so far.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 07:22 (Ref:3176439)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Mr Jane should think himself a lucky young man... taking delivery of the #9, a twice race winning SBR chassis...

Looks like Image Racing got a bonnet off #4...
Old 8 Dec 2012, 07:54 (Ref:3176444)   #21
Umai Naa
Veteran

The original one had farewell messages on it.

Is the one in the foreground an ex-SBR car as well?
Old 10 Dec 2012, 00:25 (Ref:3176973)   #22
kittle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
I was led to believe that the Novacastrian Team were campaigning three FG's next year. They were trying to secure the third car earlier in the year.

Story here.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/08/15/...o-sbr-falcons/
The Russels are still looking for a third car.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/champi...1/default.aspx
Old 10 Dec 2012, 05:12 (Ref:3176978)   #23
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is the one in the foreground an ex-SBR car as well?
It looks like the ex-Ash Walsh BF.
Old 10 Dec 2012, 05:38 (Ref:3176981)   #24
kittle
Veteran

So has the #4 SBR car gone to Matt Stone Racing as well.

Matt Stone currently has an FG in its fleet.
Old 10 Dec 2012, 10:30 (Ref:3177020)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
So has the #4 SBR car gone to Matt Stone Racing as well.

Matt Stone currently has an FG in its fleet.
MSR is said to have 2 SBR-built FG Falcons, the #4 car as used by Mr Holdsworth this year, and the car they took possession of just after the enduros. Plus the Fujitsu-liveried Dunlop series championship winner that is now in Mr Russell's shed..