Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Dec 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3338865)   #26
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seesm a few farewells could be on the menu at Sydeny:

Teams

Drivers

Sponsors

THe whole concept of V8 Supercars ??????????????
Old 1 Dec 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3339038)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Seesm a few farewells could be on the menu at Sydeny:

Teams

Drivers

Sponsors
No different to any other motorsport category.. look at F1, teams steal sponsors from one another there, and drivers, and technical bods, and teams merge or open or close or fail to proceed...

She'll be right..

Meantime... its possibly time to say au revoir (for the moment) to:

Mr Tim Blanchard
Mr Tony D'Alberto
Mr Alex Davison
Mr Maro Engel
Mr Dean Fiore
Mr Russell Ingall
Mr Alex Premat
Mr Scott Pye
Mr Jonathon Webb

Now that's a nice little list in terms of driver renewal...

We might see them in the enduros next year, or they might discover a life outside of motor racing... we shall see
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Dec 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3339067)   #28
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do we know any info about support coverage - specifically the Aussie Racers? Madison Down, who is a front runner in the iRacing V8 Supercar Series (iracing is an online racing sim) won a drive in an Aussie Racer for this event through a competition to find Australia's best simracer. Very keen to follow his progress!
Old 2 Dec 2013, 03:45 (Ref:3339102)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BPM Weather Forecast says it should remain dry...
Old 2 Dec 2013, 04:57 (Ref:3339115)   #30
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothedrummer View Post
Do we know any info about support coverage - specifically the Aussie Racers? Madison Down, who is a front runner in the iRacing V8 Supercar Series (iracing is an online racing sim) won a drive in an Aussie Racer for this event through a competition to find Australia's best simracer. Very keen to follow his progress!
Isn't it V8Supercars aim to get rid of all the sameday support race coverage?

At worst, the ARC races will probably be shown on 7mate a week or two after.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 06:16 (Ref:3339126)   #31
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothedrummer View Post
TV coverage on the weekendis from 2pm on saturday and noon on Sunday on Channel 7. while it probably wont show all the races, I would expect that at least one will get shown during the coverage, The aussie racers tend to be on earlier in the day

Sat 1 p,m
Sun 8.45
Sun 10.30

these times are before the TV coverage starts

you might want to follow them on twitter or facebook which will have more up to date info
Old 2 Dec 2013, 06:43 (Ref:3339134)   #32
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Almost certain the DVS will get all their races shown due to it being Stoner's last race weekend. Doubt the coverage will be as good next year though, although they probably will still have the races live on superview (if it still exists)
Old 2 Dec 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3339143)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
2 Compulsory Pitstops for each Sydney 500 Race

Interesting that a system already in place on the Gold Coast is knocked back for Sydney...
Old 3 Dec 2013, 02:43 (Ref:3339570)   #34
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slades last 2013 livery change

Old 3 Dec 2013, 03:30 (Ref:3339581)   #35
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One wonders how many times over the race weekend will Channel 7 shove that really annoying add on for My Kitchen Rules for 2014 starring that tool/muppet absolutely awesome from Canberra!
Old 3 Dec 2013, 03:46 (Ref:3339583)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post

Great cause... makes no sense as to why HHA isnt on the car anywhere though..
Old 3 Dec 2013, 04:37 (Ref:3339599)   #37
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
took their money back?
Old 3 Dec 2013, 04:50 (Ref:3339602)   #38
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
One wonders how many times over the race weekend will Channel 7 shove that really annoying add on for My Kitchen Rules for 2014 starring that tool/muppet absolutely awesome from Canberra!
I'll never see any of them!
Old 3 Dec 2013, 06:24 (Ref:3339619)   #39
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post

Thats awesome of Erebus to do that and also of HHA for letting this happen. Great to see these liveries showing their appreciation for deserving members of the community. HRTs Anzac day livery is another that springs to mind
Old 3 Dec 2013, 07:23 (Ref:3339625)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Thats awesome of Erebus to do that and also of HHA for letting this happen. Great to see these liveries showing their appreciation for deserving members of the community. HRTs Anzac day livery is another that springs to mind
Hope the fireys have vehicles on site, and their crews with buckets, seeking gold coin donations to continue their good work
Old 3 Dec 2013, 08:06 (Ref:3339638)   #41
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THis will be fun, Either JAmie is the golden haired boy, or Craig has to jump him, RebullRacing Australia says not stacking, pffffffttt, depends on who is in front, and can a lap of the circuit , plus pit stop , get you back out in front?

Red bull - gives you manure to fill your gardens

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/12/03/...wndes-decider/
Old 3 Dec 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3339661)   #42
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
THis will be fun, Either JAmie is the golden haired boy, or Craig has to jump him, RebullRacing Australia says not stacking, pffffffttt, depends on who is in front, and can a lap of the circuit , plus pit stop , get you back out in front?

Red bull - gives you manure to fill your gardens

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/12/03/...wndes-decider/
actually Tripe 8 didnt say it. Jeremy moore, craigs engineer, said it. the intention being that Craig will be in front and want have to stack, and the cars will try and do different stratagies.

However if the SC comes out at the wrong/right time, they will stack, no choice
Old 3 Dec 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3339679)   #43
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Switch over to the cricket during the ad breaks.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3339695)   #44
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Switch over to the cricket during the ad breaks.
That's the plan!
Old 4 Dec 2013, 05:04 (Ref:3339987)   #45
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plan to switch from channel 7 to mate at 6.00 for half an hour.

7 are running there news at 6.00.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 05:27 (Ref:3339988)   #46
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are the amount of 2 for 1 ticket sales on offer this close to the event cause for concern?
Old 4 Dec 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3340001)   #47
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrut View Post
Plan to switch from channel 7 to mate at 6.00 for half an hour.

7 are running there news at 6.00.
that's dodgy as really. Not what everyone wants to do,

As an addition there is also Friday 6.30 coverage on Mate, Possibly like the Friday night show at bathurst
Old 4 Dec 2013, 06:50 (Ref:3340002)   #48
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Are the amount of 2 for 1 ticket sales on offer this close to the event cause for concern?
it might be if your looking for parking or a seat on a train. might be full. The queues for food might be long too
Old 4 Dec 2013, 07:18 (Ref:3340004)   #49
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
it might be if your looking for parking or a seat on a train. might be full. The queues for food might be long too
At least the weather is looking good, Saturday last year was a shocker.

I've been to every day of every Sydney 500 so far, and will be doing so again this year (got my tickets before the '2 For 1' deals started). DRT's point is valid though in that someone is losing money on these free tickets being given away.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 07:26 (Ref:3340006)   #50
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
At least the weather is looking good, Saturday last year was a shocker.

I've been to every day of every Sydney 500 so far, and will be doing so again this year (got my tickets before the '2 For 1' deals started). DRT's point is valid though in that someone is losing money on these free tickets being given away.
or do they make extra money because they lock in sales of tickets, sell more food and drinks and get a bigger crowd to show the NSW government?

however if i was buying a ticket for next year i would be tempted to wait to see if the sale was on again

and if i had bought one for this year might feel a bit dirty on them for it