Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Dec 2013, 03:37 (Ref:3347899)   #76
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I took 40 school kids to Sydney on the Friday under the "V8 Supercars Students On Track" program, where they sent out the passes and we didn't pay a cent.

The students had their pass scanned, and we went in the same gate as everyone else... I wonder if these comp tickets were counted, as there were thousands there...
Old 26 Dec 2013, 05:07 (Ref:3347901)   #77
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
I took 40 school kids to Sydney on the Friday under the "V8 Supercars Students On Track" program, where they sent out the passes and we didn't pay a cent.

The students had their pass scanned, and we went in the same gate as everyone else... I wonder if these comp tickets were counted, as there were thousands there...

Why not, happens in Adelaide as well.
Old 26 Dec 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3347965)   #78
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some further evidence of the different standards of sports counting attendance numbers, at the MCG today Members who have reserved seats were not counted until they entered the stadium. Same for AFL and NRL
Old 26 Dec 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3347976)   #79
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Some further evidence of the different standards of sports counting attendance numbers, at the MCG today Members who have reserved seats were not counted until they entered the stadium. Same for AFL and NRL
i think thats the same with v8 supercars also. Winton members are not counted until they turn up, same with Adelaide parkland members. and Mount panorama members.

Do ARDC members get counted if they dont turn up?
Old 26 Dec 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3347989)   #80
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
i think thats the same with v8 supercars also. Winton members are not counted until they turn up, same with Adelaide parkland members. and Mount panorama members.

Do ARDC members get counted if they dont turn up?
Great info as always Peckstar.

So why do V8SA count other people who have tickets but don't show?
Old 26 Dec 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3348054)   #81
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Great info as always Peckstar.

So why do V8SA count other people who have tickets but don't show?
I thought the insight was wise as the comment i replied too

Did you know the MCC has more members than seats. wouldnt that look funny,

like i said a few days a go, im not going to hijack a thread to indulge your fantasy. and discusss something we have done to death in other threads
Old 26 Dec 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3348063)   #82
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Do they count all the volunteers and the free ticket for a friend at each meeting? At the Clipsal that would be close to 2000 tickets
Old 26 Dec 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3348071)   #83
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Homebush officials were asked when collecting their pass etc whether the complimentary guest pass was going to be used -this was on the Wednesday so guess that it was to be included in the tally from the creative accounting department.
Old 28 Dec 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3348306)   #84
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would hate to see V8 engines discontinued in V8SC. V8SC cars remind of the glorious time when large RWD cars with V8 engines were common. However, abandoning V8s may be inevitable unless V8SC decides to become like NASCAR and allow everyone to race with a non-production based V8. The truth is that V8s are going the way of a dodo in sedans. The companies that produce big cars no longer feel compelled to use V8. For example, Volvo doesn't need them. Honda/Acura don't need them. Mercedes will drop V8 from non-AMG E-Class. Lincoln no longer has V8 in any car. It looks like large production sedans are switching to turbo V6s.

Granted, V8SC rules do allow V8s from any vehicle to be fitted into the racer, which makes the demise of V8s less dramatic. I really like the idea that right now the architecture is the same for all participant. Once you give up the common architecture, that opens the doors to the balance of performance process which can be subjective. If they abandon V8s, it would be a good idea to require everyone to use a production based 4-cylinder engine with turbo, all of the same displacement, say 2.5L.

Last edited by JacobP; 28 Dec 2013 at 12:30.