Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Aug 2020, 14:45 (Ref:3998955)   #101
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you want perspective on all this Hamilton gave it in the post race interview.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 14:47 (Ref:3998957)   #102
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
No points for Ferrari. I can't remember the last time that happened.
Styria seven weeks ago.

Though this was on pure pace, which I know is what you mean. Gutted the Tifosi won't be there next weekend.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 14:49 (Ref:3998959)   #103
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I feel sorry for Max. Every race is quite lonely for him, a battle of concentration and, presumably, prayer.

Another great job today.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 14:51 (Ref:3998962)   #104
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Styria seven weeks ago.

Though this was on pure pace, which I know is what you mean. Gutted the Tifosi won't be there next weekend.
So it was; I'm becoming jaded.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 16:26 (Ref:3999003)   #105
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No points for Ferrari. I can't remember the last time that happened.
12th July Styrian GP they had a 'nil points', before that Brazil 2019, Singapore 2017, Mexico 2015..... but I suspect you mean last time they were both running at the finish and ended up out of the points.

That was Japan 2014.

Edit: Actually thats wrong, Alonso DNF'd that day with electrical problems.

The last time they both finished the race out of the points was Silverstone 2010 when Alonso and Massa finished, on the lead lap, 14th and 15th.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 16:47 (Ref:3999008)   #106
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
12th July Styrian GP they had a 'nil points', before that Brazil 2019, Singapore 2017, Mexico 2015..... but I suspect you mean last time they were both running at the finish and ended up out of the points.

That was Japan 2014.

The last time they both finished the race out of the points was Silverstone 2010 when Alonso and Massa finished, on the lead lap, 14th and 15th.
Good research.

2010 British GP Alonso was penalised, so would've been in the points. Can't remember what happened to Massa.

I wonder when the last time they were this low on pure pace was?
Old 30 Aug 2020, 16:50 (Ref:3999009)   #107
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

That was Japan 2014.

Thanks for that. As I said I'm becoming jaded.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 30 Aug 2020 at 17:09.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 17:08 (Ref:3999023)   #108
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It must be 1992 or 1993 they got this close to being so bad.

2009 they had Badoer and Fisichella stinking the place up along with a bored Kimi and a woeful car, so perhaps there are some bad results at the tail end of that season.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3999025)   #109
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Good research.

2010 British GP Alonso was penalised, so would've been in the points. Can't remember what happened to Massa.

I wonder when the last time they were this low on pure pace was?
Malaysian GP 2009 they were both out of the points in the rain shortened race.
IIRC it started dry but with rain promised. It started to rain slightly, Ferrari pitted Kimi for wets, but the rain never arrived. Seem to remember he had to stop again, they gave him dries and it started to rain hard. Massa had been knocked out in Q1 due to a strategy error, and only made it to 9th by the time the rains came and the race was stopped. (Points only to 8th place then.)
Old 30 Aug 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3999026)   #110
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love Spa. I love F1 at Spa.

That was a bit tedious though, overall.

Good job I had a big piece of beef rump joint, loads of spuds and a heap of Yorkshire Puddings to make it bearable. *Burp*
Old 30 Aug 2020, 17:21 (Ref:3999028)   #111
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
It must be 1992 or 1993 they got this close to being so bad.

2009 they had Badoer and Fisichella stinking the place up along with a bored Kimi and a woeful car, so perhaps there are some bad results at the tail end of that season.
Abu Dhabi 2009 Kimi started 11th Fisi 20th, they finished 12th and 16th.

Singapore the same year they ended up Kimi 10th and Fisi 13th. Points only to 8th then.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 17:47 (Ref:3999033)   #112
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, there it is.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 18:13 (Ref:3999039)   #113
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Is Brazil 2019 Ferrari's worst result, with both cars finishing the race? Vettel was 17th and Leclerc 18th.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3999046)   #114
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Is Brazil 2019 Ferrari's worst result, with both cars finishing the race? Vettel was 17th and Leclerc 18th.
They did not finish, either of them. They crashed into each other a handful of laps from the finish when Vettel tried to repass a faster Leclerc who had just passed him. I think they were classified because they had competed 90 % race distance. They were running 4th and 5th prior to crashing. Said to be the moment Binotto decided Vettel had no future at Ferrari and made approaches soon after to Sainz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKYB4fDz5Vc
Old 30 Aug 2020, 18:59 (Ref:3999049)   #115
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
They did not finish, either of them. They crashed into each other a handful of laps from the finish when Vettel tried to repass a faster Leclerc who had just passed him. I think they were classified because they had competed 90 % race distance. They were running 4th and 5th prior to crashing. Said to be the moment Binotto decided Vettel had no future at Ferrari and made approaches soon after to Sainz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKYB4fDz5Vc
So they did. I'd completely forgotten that.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 19:12 (Ref:3999053)   #116
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I sat and watched live.. I enjoyed it, but being an oldie I remember the dominance of Ferrari and Schumi years ago.. Or even Williams decades ago. It happens. I'm just glad the camera stays on 3rd place and further down the field.

I can't wait till Mick Schumacher gets in a Ferrari..it wont be long..
Old 30 Aug 2020, 19:35 (Ref:3999059)   #117
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well some parts of the race were good but the leading cars were boring, so glad the tv spent more time on the cars that provided the best racing, Total disaster for the red cars and anything with a ferrari engine. The teams must be dreading the monza race but glad there will be no fans there.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 19:58 (Ref:3999079)   #118
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I sat and watched live.. I enjoyed it, but being an oldie I remember the dominance of Ferrari and Schumi years ago.. Or even Williams decades ago. It happens. I'm just glad the camera stays on 3rd place and further down the field.

I can't wait till Mick Schumacher gets in a Ferrari..it wont be long..
Yep. He can qualify 15th or 16th then.....
Old 30 Aug 2020, 20:24 (Ref:3999092)   #119
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes Ayse.. I know. I was thinking 2022 hoping they may be in the top ten by then!
Old 30 Aug 2020, 20:33 (Ref:3999094)   #120
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Will ferrari last that long? They appear to be about to implode
Old 30 Aug 2020, 20:35 (Ref:3999096)   #121
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Will ferrari last that long? They appear to be about to implode
I'm sure they will. They have been through worse; 1973 springs to mind.
Old 31 Aug 2020, 00:53 (Ref:3999134)   #122
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'm sure they will. They have been through worse; 1973 springs to mind.
Mario Spaghetti must be hanging on a pretty tenuous thread by now!
Old 31 Aug 2020, 09:12 (Ref:3999171)   #123
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not the best Belgian GP, but still enough going on to keep us interested

Same top three as there has been, just a shame we couldn't see more action between them. Come on Bottas get your finger out

Great drive by Ricciardo, shows form is temporary, class is permanent. We'll see how well Renault do at other circuits. Better race from Albon, shame he couldn't keep Ocon behind him, but at least he was nearer the front than last race

Great drive by Gasly, he has really got the bit between his teeth this season. He really seems to drive well when the pressure is off

Racing Point, bit of a damp squib after all the pace they have been showing. Still could be worse. Ferrari really seem to be in a mess atm. Not only is the car slow, but they seem to be all over the place with the strategy. Just like the old days, before Todt, Brawn and the like came in

Lucky escape by both Giovinazzi and Russell, certainly looked worse in the aftermath which we saw first. Massive shame for Russell, would have been interesting to see what he could do. Kimi looked good, but then he has almost always gone well at Spa
Old 31 Aug 2020, 10:46 (Ref:3999192)   #124
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Lucky escape by both Giovinazzi and Russell, certainly looked worse in the aftermath which we saw first. Massive shame for Russell, would have been interesting to see what he could do. Kimi looked good, but then he has almost always gone well at Spa
I like George Russell, but it really just doesn't seem to be happening for him in the races. He qualifies well (for a Williams) but there's always something to mess it up in the race (sometimes of his own doing).
Old 31 Aug 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3999195)   #125
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I like George Russell, but it really just doesn't seem to be happening for him in the races. He qualifies well (for a Williams) but there's always something to mess it up in the race (sometimes of his own doing).
While the accident yesterday was 0% down to him, his position on track was.

He’s getting a reputation for qualifying well and then racing straight to the back when the lights go out on Sunday.