Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Oct 2005, 04:27 (Ref:1434133)   #1
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does this weekend mark the end of a former WDC's career???

Is this weekend the last time we will see the 1997 WDC, the 1995 IndyCar champ, and 1995 Indy 500 winner behind the wheel of a race car? If he doesn't get a F1 ride for 2006 this may the last dance for JV...
Old 15 Oct 2005, 05:40 (Ref:1434152)   #2
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Reading the thread subject I thought this was going to be a Michael Schumacher topic...
Old 15 Oct 2005, 05:41 (Ref:1434153)   #3
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully it wont be and we can see him in a BMW in 2006
Old 15 Oct 2005, 05:41 (Ref:1434155)   #4
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not an impressive qualifying by the look of the time sheets.

Conceivably his last Grand Prix as Dr Theissen apparently gave JV the last 3 races of the season to impress BMW, and I don't think he's done enough.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 05:43 (Ref:1434156)   #5
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleneuveTracy
Is this weekend the last time we will see the 1997 WDC, the 1995 IndyCar champ, and 1995 Indy 500 winner behind the wheel of a race car? If he doesn't get a F1 ride for 2006 this may the last dance for JV...
Should take into account the user name of the topic starter.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 05:49 (Ref:1434161)   #6
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Villeneuve will be racing at BMW next year!
Old 15 Oct 2005, 08:02 (Ref:1434211)   #7
grandprixdiary
Racer

grandprixdiary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JVs career finished when he chose the lure of the dollar by going to BAR in 1999.....cue sound of exploding Villeneuve fans
Only kidding, he seems to think he has a firm contract but as the 100 boy has shown, that means diddly squat these days. Perhaps that was why Jacques was making all that fuss about Button and being righteous about honouring contracts a while back...

Rob
Old 15 Oct 2005, 08:17 (Ref:1434217)   #8
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
JV's done OK at the last two rounds and i reckon a lot will hinge on tomorrow's result - another OK race and they may just figure it's better to keep him and save their pennys.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 10:46 (Ref:1434280)   #9
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Answer to the thread title: No.

Close it!
Old 15 Oct 2005, 10:56 (Ref:1434288)   #10
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Hmm, this is a novel topic for a thread.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 13:42 (Ref:1434378)   #11
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think JV is good enough anymore. Sure, he's a great driver and everything, but he seems unable to get any good results....
Old 15 Oct 2005, 14:10 (Ref:1434394)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The writing was on the wall from Melbourne.

JV will not be in F1 next year.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 15:02 (Ref:1434414)   #13
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
The writing was on the wall from Melbourne.

JV will not be in F1 next year.
agreed
Old 15 Oct 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1434422)   #14
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO1SPECIAL
JV's done OK at the last two rounds and i reckon a lot will hinge on tomorrow's result - another OK race and they may just figure it's better to keep him and save their pennys.
partly I agree with you, jv's done ...;-)
Old 15 Oct 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1434423)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleneuveTracy
The 1997 WDC,
The 1995 IndyCar champ,
1995 Indy 500 winner
That's impressive. How many current drivers have achieved those titles ?
But, it happened ten years ago, in the past century.
I don't want to see him in an embarassing position of looking for a seat again. Man, it's time to retire.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 16:31 (Ref:1434458)   #16
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it is the end. Too bad to see it end this way. He'd be better in Champcars especially with the new formula in 2007 and I think he would enjoy that better. It's true that the BAR deal in 1999 was his undoing and he is only to blame for that.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1434530)   #17
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JV's move to BAR has always reminded me of Emerson Fittipaldi's strange decision to move to his brothers new team Copersucar at the end of 75 leaving James Hunt to win the 1976 WDCfor Mclaren. This was also the start of the end of Emmos career. I think sadly this will be JV's last GP and i think history will record that he chose the money!!. Still not a bad record as stated below.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1434558)   #18
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
Reading the thread subject I thought this was going to be a Michael Schumacher topic...

Me too, JV has not being winning races for soooo long that I forgot he once became world champion...
Old 15 Oct 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1434566)   #19
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If his decision to remain with BAR was solely about money why didn't he accept similar monetary offers from other, superior teams???
Old 15 Oct 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1434570)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was thinking about JV's last win the other day and the staggering thing is that it is now eight years since that Nurburgring victory, where the McLarens blew up in unison (how times change!) to gift him victory.

I remember it like yesterday....I certainly don't remember predicting that it would be his last win.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1434582)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And the Nurburgring the year before was his first!

A very brief but intensive period of victories.

When will we next hear the strains of "O Canada" ringing out from the podium?
Old 15 Oct 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1434583)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Pfffttt......you've got me there.....

It'll be a few years away, I'll say that.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1434645)   #23
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it may be over after China, and it would be a sad end to what was a once great talent, but I think he wasted it with the BAR move. Who knows what he may have achieved if he went on to Mclaren? I think if he were to be booted out at the end of the season, he should try pastures new, it would be sad to see him begging for another drive as someone else has mentioned.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1434672)   #24
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps we will have to wait for Jacques' offspring as only the Villeneuves have ever won F1 GPs for Canada...

In retrospect, he probably should have gotten out of BAR; however, he had started with them, and I think he was decided to go to the end with them. In fact, he stayed there until David Richards booted him, so he never quitted the project. True, he did not do Japan 2003, but it's understandable.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 07:50 (Ref:1434773)   #25
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
He had a decent run today, going from 16th to 10th. Massa finished 6th but that was due to him staying out under the second safety car.