Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Dec 2001, 09:42 (Ref:182868)   #1
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The implications of the Grand-am Rules

Although Grand-Am have changed rules for 2003 and are thus excluding a lot of cars, it seems that the Daytona 24 Hours can still get a numerically great grid.

But what can we expect from Grand-Am after the rule changes come into place? I do not think that an influx of special Grand-Am cars will happen and either the Grand-Am will change it's attitude towards the rest of the sportscar world or it will die a silent but tregic death.

I also think that if the formula seems to become unsuccesful, the organizers of the Daytona 24 Hours will change their allegiance to the ALMS which would be good for sportscar racing all around.

Finally I heard that Ascari were planning to race in the Daytona 24 Hours with to cars, one of them racing with the BMW V8 Twinturbo engine and that Dyson are finally ditching there venerable Riley&Scott MK3 for probably the revised Crawford. And yes people, it's a beauty!
Old 6 Dec 2001, 10:34 (Ref:182875)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The major problem with Grand-Am going in there own direction is that cars will have to heavley modifed or be a uniquine chassis for that serise.

As the for new 2003/4 rules from the ACO and FIA, will make cars built under those rules able to run in the ALMS, Le Mans, FIA Sportscar series.

I can see there being only winner and in my few that will be the FIA/ACO, as the manufactors will support those rules and the Grand-Am
Old 6 Dec 2001, 16:00 (Ref:182955)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would not expect the Rolex to ever become a ALMS event. Bill France runs the Grand Am and International Speedway Corp. Right now they ar embroiled in a bitter lawsuit over the ALMS Miami street race as they want it halted because it will damage their track in the area (Homestead). It has become very bitter and very personal between France and Panoz.