Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Aug 2017, 03:39 (Ref:3758321)   #2926
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Some sketches by Andy Blackmore - that middle bottom one is pretty.

Yeah, the NSX look is nice. My first thought seeing the images this week was the NSX hood line matches that front wing.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 03:53 (Ref:3758322)   #2927
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://scontent.fsst1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...e3&oe=5A231EC4
The image looks dark but reminds me of the first livery of the ARX 01 of Highcroft Racing.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 04:07 (Ref:3758324)   #2928
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The rear fenders have a weird shape in that picture. They look like openings for cooling and not closed off like the distinct Oreca design.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 12:43 (Ref:3758390)   #2929
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The rear fenders have a weird shape in that picture. They look like openings for cooling and not closed off like the distinct Oreca design.
It's a shadow.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 17:51 (Ref:3758427)   #2930
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Draft homolgation is supposed to be finalized for existing DPIs by the end of the season, per IMSA's Geoff Carter:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/im...-coming-weeks/

HPD will be allowed to run under draft homologation like everyone else this year. Article also shows how much BOP goes into DPI. You can make whatever changes you want it seems, but you have to re-homologate those bits in the wind tunnel or the dyno at NASCAR's R&D center.

Also, any big changes would have to be addressed with the ACO and the WEC Endurance Committee before IMSA signs off on them.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3758462)   #2931
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Also anyone know yet what mechanical package from the Oreca 07 will carry over? Such as the gearbox and other elements?
Old 9 Aug 2017, 21:25 (Ref:3758474)   #2932
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Also, any big changes would have to be addressed with the ACO and the WEC Endurance Committee before IMSA signs off on them.
"There’s a specific process within IMSA to address any reliability issues, based on a demonstrated need and applied for to the IMSA Technical Committee on the DPis. Otherwise, it’s straight through the FIA and ACO."

I don't really get that part, unless "otherwise" here means standard global LMP2.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 21:59 (Ref:3758479)   #2933
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
DPIs and LMP2s still share tubs. Any changes involving that or certain other elements (like the off limits areas, such as front/rear diffusers, floor, nose box, tub) would have to be re-homologated by the ACO prior to IMSA rubber stamping it.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 21:59 (Ref:3758480)   #2934
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's a shadow.
Look at the inside of the rear fenders. Not the big dark part at the front of them. Maybe just a reflection, or part of the livery but they look like little openings.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 03:31 (Ref:3760082)   #2935
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Old 18 Aug 2017, 03:53 (Ref:3760085)   #2936
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The car looks beautiful, fantastic !!!
Old 18 Aug 2017, 03:58 (Ref:3760086)   #2937
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I hate the headlights, but it is what it is.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 04:12 (Ref:3760089)   #2938
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, I think they would look better following the 'Acura' eye line.

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 04:13 (Ref:3760090)   #2939
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
From that angle, the LED running lights look really strange. We need to see a front-on shot of the car, perhaps it may look better. But I assume we wont see any additional pictures until the 18th.

*BUMP* Speaking of which..... -> https://www.facebook.com/Acura/video...5567083622410/
Old 18 Aug 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3760100)   #2940
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The livery could be better, as could the lighting arrangement. But otherwise, I wouldn't mind more prototypes looking like this.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 07:45 (Ref:3760106)   #2941
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
It looks like a knock off kit car.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 11:04 (Ref:3760135)   #2942
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Yeah, I think they would look better following the 'Acura' eye line.

L.P.
Agreed, but it's styled off the entire Acura lineup, leaning towards the RLX, rather than the NSX.

Old 18 Aug 2017, 11:20 (Ref:3760140)   #2943
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
I CAN'T be the only one getting Pagani Zonda R vibes when viewing the front from that angle.

No I am NOT saying that it's a bad thing... Just that it's a thing.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 12:51 (Ref:3760155)   #2944
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Those damned fins have ruined prototypes. So ugly.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 14:21 (Ref:3760171)   #2945
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not a fan of the fins, but even less of a fan of flying automobiles.

Good looking ride. Hope it spits flames like the old LMP2 Acura / HPDs did.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3760181)   #2946
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Agreed, but it's styled off the entire Acura lineup, leaning towards the RLX, rather than the NSX.

Even the RLX has the horizontal orientation, whereas the ARX-05's are vertical.

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3760188)   #2947
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm the only person here that likes the fins, yes?
Old 18 Aug 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3760192)   #2948
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
I'm the only person here that likes the fins, yes?
Guess it's just about eyes get used to that.
It became a so distinctive part of modern sportscars that is actually weird to watch a finless 908 HDi or lola-aston.

Anyway, by the pics, to me is quite clear that is a standard oreca 07 with a customized acura front section.

Wonder if a nissan dpi developes more or less front downforce compared to a standard ligier. The same about cadillac dpi that however has a more revised aero compared to a standard dallara.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3760195)   #2949
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Even the RLX has the horizontal orientation, whereas the ARX-05's are vertical.

L.P.
Hence why it's styled, not a copy.

It has the design elements.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3760199)   #2950
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Has SS_Collins been able to get up close and personal with the Nissan? He has that tie-up with the marque.