Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Mar 2011, 11:45 (Ref:2842054)   #1
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
What are Strakka up to this week?

The team transporter was headed south on the M40 last night...
I thought they weren't at Ricard for the LMS test?
Old 8 Mar 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2842056)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
The team transporter was headed south on the M40 last night...
I thought they weren't at Ricard for the LMS test?
Obvious answer: testing at another track?
Old 8 Mar 2011, 12:09 (Ref:2842065)   #3
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
That's the thing, you see. They were South of Silverstone, where they are based. Snetterton would mean they go North, Donington ditto. Maybe Brands, but I thought they had noise restrictions?

Limited options, for a race car without silencers in the UK... So where else could they be headed?
Old 8 Mar 2011, 12:14 (Ref:2842071)   #4
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
That's the thing, you see. They were South of Silverstone, where they are based. Snetterton would mean they go North, Donington ditto. Maybe Brands, but I thought they had noise restrictions?

Limited options, for a race car without silencers in the UK... So where else could they be headed?
My guess would be Spa...
Old 8 Mar 2011, 12:36 (Ref:2842086)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
So where else could they be headed?
For the ferry .
Old 8 Mar 2011, 12:37 (Ref:2842087)   #6
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
I thought they had 'noise issues' too??? Remember that scare last year, with legal actions and enviro activists?
Old 8 Mar 2011, 17:32 (Ref:2842235)   #7
MarkLMS
Rookie

Netherlands
Egmond, Netherlands
MarkLMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe bugatti circuit?
Old 8 Mar 2011, 19:34 (Ref:2842277)   #8
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Headed off to somewhere on the Iberian Peninsula? Wouldn't think it would be Spa for many reasons. Italy could work too I suppose.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2842280)   #9
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Headed off to somewhere on the Iberian Peninsula? Wouldn't think it would be Spa for many reasons. Italy could work too I suppose.
Weather should no longer be an issue at Spa, spring has started pretty much everywhere in Europe - and if they want to test at Spa at all, now is the time to do so - I think most series have a four week test ban before events, so that leaves only a few weeks...
Old 8 Mar 2011, 20:56 (Ref:2842311)   #10
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wasn't sure whether the cold snap that seemed to have engulfed part of the continent a little while ago had abated. I only seem to visit in the summer when the weather is pretty similar to over here, so I forget how much quicker it can warm up over there...I'm sitting at a similar latitude to Provence right now with several inches of snow on the ground and a below-freezing high temp!