Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 24 Sep 2021, 09:57 (Ref:4075245)   #76
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
How unlucky was Toprak in R1? Still he came back strong to keep his lead. Don’t rule out Redding at this stage
Old 25 Sep 2021, 21:23 (Ref:4075478)   #77
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Superbike star Dean Berta Vinales (a cousin of Maverick) has died aged just 15 after his bike crashed in a race.
The young motorcyclist tragically passed away today following a crash in the Supersport 300 support race of the World Superbike Championship in Jerez.
The race was 11 laps old when Spaniard Vinales crashed along with three other riders at turn two, forcing the director to red flag the race.
'After a serious incident during WorldSSP300 Race 1, Dean Berta Vinales has sadly succumbed to injuries,' World Superbike said in a statement.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Sep 2021, 03:04 (Ref:4075533)   #78
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Superbike star Dean Berta Vinales (a cousin of Maverick) has died aged just 15 after his bike crashed in a race.
The young motorcyclist tragically passed away today following a crash in the Supersport 300 support race of the World Superbike Championship in Jerez.
The race was 11 laps old when Spaniard Vinales crashed along with three other riders at turn two, forcing the director to red flag the race.
'After a serious incident during WorldSSP300 Race 1, Dean Berta Vinales has sadly succumbed to injuries,' World Superbike said in a statement.
So very sad, just 15 years old. I believe he rode for the Vinales family junior rider programme for helping young Spanish talent progress.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 09:59 (Ref:4075569)   #79
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tragic news indeed. 2 wheel racing is just about the most visceral experience in motor racing for me as a mere spectator but inherently very dangerous particularly amongst the small classes where the fighting amongst the pack is so close.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4075574)   #80
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I do often wonder regarding the age of very young riders allowed in road racing especially at this kind of level. I don't know what they need to apply for a licence but I would assume that most have had schoolboy motocross experience ?
I would think that at that age they think that they are indestructible (just like I was)
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Sep 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4075577)   #81
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmm, I'm afraid to admit that my antics on a road bike all those years ago were less than desirable. Still Jonathan Rea's only just passed his test...
Back to the racing, Loris Baz is looking very good on the Go Eleven bike subbing for Chas D. this weekend but judging by race 1 Toprak is seemingly unstoppable at the pointy end, just hoping that Scott redding can find some more pace in this afternoon's race.

Last edited by justracing; 26 Sep 2021 at 11:04.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 17:14 (Ref:4075684)   #82
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Well realistically Redding's hope of a tilt at the title are now scuppered surely? I'm sure Rea and his team will find a way to improve but for me the Kawasaki appears cumbersome at every turn, it's back to their perennial problem of turn in and cornering problems.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4076254)   #83
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Toprak now really seems to have the momentum in the title race. Just think how much further he would be ahead if he hadn't had that mechanical failure in Barcelona

Thoughts very much with the Vinales family after a tragedy like that
Old 2 Oct 2021, 21:49 (Ref:4076733)   #84
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
So very sad, just 15 years old. I believe he rode for the Vinales family junior rider programme for helping young Spanish talent progress.
I hope the powers that be are sitting up and paying attention; something needs doing, I don't know what, but something needs to change to further reduce the risks for these kids.

There was a discussion on a motorsport podcast following the death of another young 15 year old rider a few months ago and the consensus appeared to be that the lack of engine power may be contributing because you get groups of riders in very close proximity for most of the race as nobody can really get away. If a rider has the misfortune of going down in the middle of the group, it is hard for those following to see and avoid them. Once you're in this position, it's just luck whether you're hit or not.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...eeds-to-change
Old 19 Oct 2021, 18:05 (Ref:4079136)   #85
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quite a fight back by Redding in Argentina, the first race incident ruined his weekend but what a battle at the top.
Old 22 Nov 2021, 20:59 (Ref:4085021)   #86
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Deserved championship win for Toprak in the changeable monsoon climate of the Phillipines but as predicted Rea didn't hand it over on a plate. We've seen some really hard racing this year between the 2 major protagonists with Scot Redding throwing punches as well, be interesting to see how he fares next year at BMW and a somewhat sad farewell to Tom Sykes and Chas Davies.
Old 23 Nov 2021, 12:40 (Ref:4085100)   #87
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Deserved championship win for Toprak in the changeable monsoon climate of the Phillipines but as predicted Rea didn't hand it over on a plate. We've seen some really hard racing this year between the 2 major protagonists with Scot Redding throwing punches as well, be interesting to see how he fares next year at BMW and a somewhat sad farewell to Tom Sykes and Chas Davies.
Fair play to the Indonesian circuit, I was sceptical as to whether it would be finished and homologated in time to host the final SBK round but they managed it.

Toprak, Rea and Redding have been outstanding this season. I have even more respect for Rea for his sheer fighting spirit and extracting so much from a somewhat 'restricted' Kawasaki. The trio were in a league of their own pretty much all through the season.

I think this has been one of the best seasons in a long while; I'm surprised there isn't much talk about it here and elsewhere. That final rain-soaked race was just stupendous!

Congrats to Toprak and Yamaha (is there anything they didn't win this season?)

Looking forward to 2022.
Old 24 Nov 2021, 10:49 (Ref:4085254)   #88
S griffin
Veteran

Caught the highlights last night. Shame the weather caused a bit of delay, but a well deserved title from Toprak. Rea didn't go down fighting and, as expected, dignified in defeat. His reign had to come to an end sometime

We'll see what happens next season. Hopefully more great battle between the 3 R's
Old 24 Nov 2021, 20:59 (Ref:4085351)   #89
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great season! Looking forward to 2022... and hope Bautista and Rinaldi can put up a good fight on their Ducati bikes.
Old 9 Apr 2022, 12:40 (Ref:4105957)   #90
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
very good start of the season .. great racing

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Apr 2022, 06:58 (Ref:4106238)   #91
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Disappointing that Can Oncu's Kawasaki broke down on the last lap of race 2 whilst running 3rd in Supersport.
Dont need to be giving away good points early in the season...
Old 18 Apr 2022, 17:57 (Ref:4107172)   #92
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
It's a 3 way battle at the top in the main category. J Rea is going to have his work cut out against Toprak and Bautista, makes for great racing, enjoyed the contest at Aragon.
Old 19 Apr 2022, 13:31 (Ref:4107265)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

It's a 3 at the top atm, question is, how long will it remain that way? Rea proved last year he can be beaten and Toprak will be riding better than ever. Bautista I'm not so sure about, he's quick, but can he keep it together, which he failed to do in 2019. Certainly did enjoy Aragon, the layout makes for close racing
Old 19 Apr 2022, 21:20 (Ref:4107321)   #94
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Need the #2 riders to be faster - when is Alex Lowes going to close the gap? Rinaldi seems quicker than him. Locatelli, 2nd year now, time to push for podiums, same with the Honda - As for BMW, well, there is 4 of them, can they work it out ASAP?
Old 20 Apr 2022, 09:05 (Ref:4107356)   #95
S griffin
Veteran

There seem to be a divide between team mates. People like Lowes can be good on their day, but not every weekend. But some have the advantage of racing round the continent longer and riding these types of bkes. Although some bikes like the Honda do need a bit of work to do
Old 25 Apr 2022, 11:23 (Ref:4107984)   #96
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Rea and Toprak collide in Assen - racing incident i reckon.

Didnt hear any interviews - they blame each other?
Old 25 Apr 2022, 15:52 (Ref:4108019)   #97
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Rea and Toprak collide in Assen - racing incident i reckon.

Didnt hear any interviews - they blame each other?
I think they both accepted it has a racing incident although initially Toprak threw his hands in despair at Rea, Toprak ran wide leaving a gap for Rea to dive through but they collided when the Yamaha rejoined the track. I thought at the start of the 3rd race there may be a coming together, the 3 protagonists ran so close together, tremendous scrap at terrific speed leaving the rest of the field for dead.
Old 26 Apr 2022, 18:36 (Ref:4108149)   #98
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toprak came worst of it .. as he was already 3rd in the championship
was just thinking before how consistent those 3 are .. always on the podium

Ciao Marco
Old 30 Apr 2022, 10:11 (Ref:4108479)   #99
S griffin
Veteran

It's certainly opened the championship up a bit, but there is still a long way to go, even though Bautista benefitted from it.
Old 30 Apr 2022, 23:39 (Ref:4108531)   #100
cg7aa
Veteran

We may be in for another cracking season! The three aliens at the front of the pack are just sublime. Fantastic racing at both Aragon and Assen. Great to see Redding showing better at Assen and what about the Honda youngsters? They're doing a very good job so far.

Lowes and Rinaldi are being shown up quite a bit I'm afraid but what can you do when your team mate is effectively an alien?

As for that Bautista track limits penalty...I mean, really?