Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jun 2019, 01:37 (Ref:3912344)   #1526
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Loved the Ford onboards on youtube. Mainly how I followed the race. I hope they get archived by somebody in a few days for future viewing. Look for "Jarenson" to post Porsche onboards down the road too.
Old 20 Dec 2019, 03:12 (Ref:3947657)   #1527
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Announced today that Australia loses access to Eurosport and therefore Le Mans from January.Very disappointing.
Old 20 Dec 2019, 05:12 (Ref:3947663)   #1528
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Announced today that Australia loses access to Eurosport and therefore Le Mans from January.Very disappointing.
But that opens the market for someone else to pick up the rights for Australia, I guess?
Old 22 Dec 2019, 06:58 (Ref:3947994)   #1529
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
But that opens the market for someone else to pick up the rights for Australia, I guess?
No one else will be interested.The only pay tv provider Murdoch’s Foxtel has been going broke and in the last year has dropped live coverage of Indycar,NASCAR and DTM as well as many other non motor racing sports.Will probably not exist in 5 years time.Free to Air is also incurring huge losses and have picked up exactly none of the sports events Foxtel has dropped.
The only options will be WEC stream although the time difference means live is no use for the first 8 hours of the race and the full YouTube replay which is up 3 weeks after the race.Just have to stay ignorant of what went on for those 3 weeks.
I am a big enough fan to have travelled to watch the race but no live coverage will mean my interest will plummet.
Old 22 Dec 2019, 08:18 (Ref:3947999)   #1530
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No one else will be interested.The only pay tv provider Murdoch’s Foxtel has been going broke and in the last year has dropped live coverage of Indycar,NASCAR and DTM as well as many other non motor racing sports.Will probably not exist in 5 years time.Free to Air is also incurring huge losses and have picked up exactly none of the sports events Foxtel has dropped.
The only options will be WEC stream although the time difference means live is no use for the first 8 hours of the race and the full YouTube replay which is up 3 weeks after the race.Just have to stay ignorant of what went on for those 3 weeks.
I am a big enough fan to have travelled to watch the race but no live coverage will mean my interest will plummet.
That truly sucks and I honestly feel for you!
As you mention, the stream is a possibility and do not forget that sleep during the 24hours is possible . (Albeit a bit more difficult as the race will boarder pretty close to your monday)
Old 22 Dec 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3948018)   #1531
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's the way it goes unfortunately. Thank goodness it's available to stream. I think anyone who can stay up to watch it without drifting off has something special in them.

At the same time it's good so many TV Countries cover the event
Old 22 Dec 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3948038)   #1532
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's the way it goes unfortunately. Thank goodness it's available to stream. I think anyone who can stay up to watch it without drifting off has something special in them.

At the same time it's good so many TV Countries cover the event
It's not so hard, although the few hours up to the end of the race is quite hard......
Old 22 Dec 2019, 13:22 (Ref:3948043)   #1533
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
On the live for the first few hours thing. Isn't that a problem whatever the provider? Or am I missing your point?

I think the WEC app streaming might actually help as I think each hour is posted relatively quickly after the hour (can someone confirm?) and allows you to watch slightly delayed.

I suppose if live on telly you can record it and watch delayed.
Old 23 Dec 2019, 01:08 (Ref:3948132)   #1534
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
On the live for the first few hours thing. Isn't that a problem whatever the provider? Or am I missing your point?

I think the WEC app streaming might actually help as I think each hour is posted relatively quickly after the hour (can someone confirm?) and allows you to watch slightly delayed.

I suppose if live on telly you can record it and watch delayed.
In my time zone race starts at 11pm at night.In the past I record it to hard drive,get up at 6am ,watch the first 9 hours of the race skipping through ad breaks,safety cars etc,miss next 4 hours,then resume watching with same skipping and by 9pm I have usually caught up to last 2 hours live.
Those first 8 hours before dark are a big thing for me and my body clock would be incapable of staying up.
I will be checking the WEC streaming app you mentioned as if it does that my problem is solved.
Old 23 Dec 2019, 01:19 (Ref:3948133)   #1535
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m pretty sure that I have joined a race (not LM) after the start, but while it’s still on, and been able to watch. I say pretty sure because I’ve watched all this year a day or two later. Except LM which I watched live, on Eurosport stream.

Next race, if I remember, I’ll check.

There are no ads though!
Old 23 Dec 2019, 05:01 (Ref:3948144)   #1536
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
I’m pretty sure that I have joined a race (not LM) after the start, but while it’s still on, and been able to watch. I say pretty sure because I’ve watched all this year a day or two later. Except LM which I watched live, on Eurosport stream.

Next race, if I remember, I’ll check.

There are no ads though!
Thanks.I have emailed them to ask this question as well as which practice/qualifying sessions they show from Le Mans.
Will post if I get an answer.
Old 23 Dec 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3948194)   #1537
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
In my time zone race starts at 11pm at night.In the past I record it to hard drive,get up at 6am ,watch the first 9 hours of the race skipping through ad breaks,safety cars etc,miss next 4 hours,then resume watching with same skipping and by 9pm I have usually caught up to last 2 hours live.
Those first 8 hours before dark are a big thing for me and my body clock would be incapable of staying up.
I will be checking the WEC streaming app you mentioned as if it does that my problem is solved.
So you actually miss four hours of night racing.... It's ironic as that's the bit I wait a whole year for. Mind you, I am there.....
Old 23 Dec 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3948269)   #1538
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So you actually miss four hours of night racing.... It's ironic as that's the bit I wait a whole year for. Mind you, I am there.....
When I have gone to Le Mans it is one of my favourite parts as well.Isn’t quite the same spectacle on tv.
Old 23 Dec 2019, 20:30 (Ref:3948287)   #1539
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Without doubt!
Old 24 Dec 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3948386)   #1540
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
My Favourite moment to watch the race is always the same, standing overlooking the esses as the sun starts to rise, very few people about and as the light begins to come back usually a few incidents, although safety car this year did spoilt it a little. a few hours of quiet time on my own watching then back to tent for a few hours kip before last quarter of racing.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 08:33 (Ref:3999751)   #1541
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw a tweet from Tom Gaymor yesterday about the Eurosport commentary team for this years race

Mark Cole
Louise Beckett
Damien Faulkner
Sam Hancock
Chris Parsons

It appears that they are not going to be on site and will be calling the race from the UK. They will be live for FP, Qualifying and the races

Oh yes and good news no Carlton Kirby as he is doing the Tour.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 10:19 (Ref:3999769)   #1542
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I will miss the excellent work the pitlane team do
Old 3 Sep 2020, 10:25 (Ref:3999770)   #1543
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RLM are claiming no video coverage of FP1, so I assume the Eurosport coverage begins with the afternoon practice.

I've not got the time to listen in every week to RLM's podcast, have they mentioned is they too will be offsite?

(As above, it will a shame not to have any form of pit reporting)

In the interests of positivity, perhaps this is a chance to improve coverage by speaking with team members by phone rather than them not listening to the question in a loud pit lane.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 11:54 (Ref:3999794)   #1544
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Oh yes and good news no Carlton Kirby as he is doing the Tour.
Well, howa bout dat. Saved by the cyclists.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 12:36 (Ref:3999799)   #1545
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
But fortunately us cycling fans also have ITV - phew. Their coverage is great. ITV normally pains me, but they do excellent cycling coverage.

/OT
Old 3 Sep 2020, 13:02 (Ref:3999804)   #1546
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
RLM are claiming no video coverage of FP1, so I assume the Eurosport coverage begins with the afternoon practice.

I've not got the time to listen in every week to RLM's podcast, have they mentioned is they too will be offsite?

(As above, it will a shame not to have any form of pit reporting)

In the interests of positivity, perhaps this is a chance to improve coverage by speaking with team members by phone rather than them not listening to the question in a loud pit lane.
I'm a little surprised if there is to be no pitlane reporting at all. At all of the ELMS races I've watched there has been some effort to report from the pitlane. I guess Le Mans would require a much greater degree of planning, coordination and manpower.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 16:10 (Ref:3999850)   #1547
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
But fortunately us cycling fans also have ITV - phew. Their coverage is great. ITV normally pains me, but they do excellent cycling coverage.

/OT

Oh yes, have watched a bit of that on ITV4 today, great coverage and what’s more, it’s free
Old 4 Sep 2020, 00:26 (Ref:3999941)   #1548
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I pay an ITV subscription so I don’t have to have ads when streaming the replays/highlights

But your point stands - It’s a great thing as it allows people to get into it. Although I would praise Eurosport too as they produced a lot of coverage for many years before it was free. It made it at least possible to see it.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 09:59 (Ref:4000010)   #1549
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Slightly O/T but the Spa 6hrs classic and the October Hat Trick events have just been cancelled. Whilst there won't be many "elite" sportsmen at either the increasing Covid numbers are causing concern.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 10:10 (Ref:4000011)   #1550
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
On the streaming subject, I assume others had this yesterday?

(There is nothing on the new 'special' website yet).
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG