Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jul 2020, 20:51 (Ref:3990478)   #851
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes indeed. We need to inject a degree of optimism after my earlier pessimism. The ACO are going to put us all on the airfield with free streaming!
Old 23 Jul 2020, 20:58 (Ref:3990479)   #852
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i hope they are not using the airfield, would play havoc with the tents and gazebo's
Old 23 Jul 2020, 21:20 (Ref:3990482)   #853
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, but the planes whizzing past would be great air-conditioning!
Old 23 Jul 2020, 21:33 (Ref:3990484)   #854
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Might make it hard to sleep and conversation would be difficult.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 07:11 (Ref:3990527)   #855
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The organizers of the 24 Hours of Nürburgring confirm that the race will be without spectators (AUTOhebdo website).
Old 24 Jul 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3990544)   #856
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's lots of space at the ring for them to have to Police to keep people way, I'm not sure they'll manage...
Old 24 Jul 2020, 10:20 (Ref:3990547)   #857
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
There's lots of space at the ring for them to have to Police to keep people way, I'm not sure they'll manage...
Quite a task I'd imagine over such a huge area.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 10:46 (Ref:3990552)   #858
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
as far as space at Tertre Rouge is concerned, it may be that the ticket agency are reallocating spaces which they were originally allocated but either have not been taken or people who did want them have decided to miss this year.

Sean
Old 24 Jul 2020, 10:53 (Ref:3990554)   #859
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
as far as space at Tertre Rouge is concerned, it may be that the ticket agency are reallocating spaces which they were originally allocated but either have not been taken or people who did want them have decided to miss this year.

Sean
It has also been suggested that the ACo might have taken the team languistine area on the inside of tertre rouge and could be using that now, but no certain as this would not be in the rouge area
Old 24 Jul 2020, 12:46 (Ref:3990582)   #860
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Quite a task I'd imagine over such a huge area.
Not as hard as you might imagine. Most of the big spectator areas are easy enough to close off. There is a bike/hiking path round a lot of the circuit but often without views of the track. There are large parts where you can't really get near the track at all. In many cases access is via a road or path that is easy to block off / police. Bear in mind that the entire circuit is ticketed for a normal event so stopping people wandering in unmonitored is part of the organisation of the event.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 13:38 (Ref:3990590)   #861
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
It has also been suggested that the ACo might have taken the team languistine area on the inside of tertre rouge and could be using that now, but no certain as this would not be in the rouge area
I suspect that's quite likely. There's nothing on their website (and nothing on their FB page since mid-March) and they're still offering places on their TR site but it does appear to be within the green area for the TR 'village'.

While trawling around, I see that the 1st Tickets website specifically says that there will be no access to Arnage and Mulsanne (presumably unless you're allocated to the villages there).

Nothing at all on Just Tickets other than links to the various ACO announcements.

Travel Destinations have no useful up to date information at all, as far as I can see.

Zilch on Speedchills as well.

Motor Racing International (who I didn't realise still existed - I travelled with them in 1998), still think the race is in June.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 24 Jul 2020 at 14:02.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 14:52 (Ref:3990599)   #862
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep plenty of confusion still around.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 15:40 (Ref:3990612)   #863
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, on Thursday I called the ACO because I have a Houx ticket AND grandstand 18 tickets what could be conflicting. They explained me that they are working on the formulas they will propose to the tickets owners. Normally, they will join us to communicate which area we will be allocated. We will have no alternative. But it looks to be difficult!!!! So .......
But for sure I'll give priority to the grandstand so I'll ask the credit for my 2021 campsite ticket.

Last edited by batmobile; 24 Jul 2020 at 15:59.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 18:22 (Ref:3990635)   #864
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully there will be flexibility in the conversations with the ACO when they do get in touch with fans. I've got Houx camping (bought from an agency) and Ford Chicane GS (via ACO). But I need a guaranteed electricity hook-up that Houx provides so I can do some work while on site.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 21:03 (Ref:3990651)   #865
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Well, on Thursday I called the ACO because I have a Houx ticket AND grandstand 18 tickets what could be conflicting. They explained me that they are working on the formulas they will propose to the tickets owners. Normally, they will join us to communicate which area we will be allocated. We will have no alternative. But it looks to be difficult!!!! So .......
But for sure I'll give priority to the grandstand so I'll ask the credit for my 2021 campsite ticket.
As a 'local', Eric, that makes sense to me.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 21:31 (Ref:3990654)   #866
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think you are right Eric, not sure this year will be the best year for camping as many of the usual people will not be there, although it appears our campsite might end up with more of the ten-tenths regulars this year
Old 26 Jul 2020, 08:20 (Ref:3990808)   #867
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not sure how the french have reacted to the latest isolation news re uk/spain but this is a little worrying as september fast approaches
Old 26 Jul 2020, 09:03 (Ref:3990810)   #868
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
France has also banned travel to and from Northern Spain.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 10:17 (Ref:3990814)   #869
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Makes me laugh how there is now criticism of the government for acting too quickly..... Hilarious.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 11:21 (Ref:3990826)   #870
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
France has also banned travel to and from Northern Spain.
Err, no.

There has been a rumour to that effect, but it's not true.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 12:13 (Ref:3990839)   #871
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
panic over this is every where, politicians who have been blamed for not acting fast enough are now jumping to be seen to be ahead of everyone else.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 15:44 (Ref:3990884)   #872
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Err, no.

There has been a rumour to that effect, but it's not true.
Ok, thanks.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 16:46 (Ref:3990894)   #873
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Apparently, Antwerp is a Corona hotspot! So maybe I'll be given a travelban
Old 26 Jul 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3990904)   #874
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Apparently, Antwerp is a Corona hotspot! So maybe I'll be given a travelban
Pretty sure the only corona hot spot in Antwerp is the bar selling Corona Beer
Old 28 Jul 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3991240)   #875
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
High Res picture of the villages:
https://i.imgur.com/2lguv8r.jpeg

Edited (with apologies to Vince - as the image is so big it was skewing the following posts). It can still be accessed from the link. Ayse

Last edited by Aysedasi; 28 Jul 2020 at 21:52.