Old 23 Jan 2013, 08:20 (Ref:3193065)   #1
GT-Driver
Rookie

Qatar
Doha-Qatar
GT-Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver's Nutrition & Fitness

Hi all,

I'm a club level racer, my best weight for driving strarts from 85 KG and below, im 175.5 cm tall, I have a little muscular, ex-athlete figure.

Recently I have been off for a bout 18 months and I have put on some mass (fat and muscle) Im now 94 KG.

I have failed to lose weight over the last month, I only lost like 2 kgs!! because you know clean food is not always handy unfortuantely, Although I really enjoy eating healthy foods like salads, viggies and lean meats..etc..

Any tips form the racers and drivers around on the daily food intake? any favourite meals.

What type of training you do?? If I lift heavy weights i will put mass like hell, so I only lift light weights with lots of reps, high intensity and I do lots of cardio work. Any additional tips?!! Im stuck and I really need some push in here.

Cheers.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 12:02 (Ref:3194155)   #2
88racing
Rookie

United Kingdom
nr Milton Keynes, UK
88racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meat

I don't go mad on the training - I try to walk a couple of miles most days and get in a couple of hour-long yoga sessions every week. I don't do gym sessions or swim regularly like I used to.

I attended a fitness day at the Siverstone Porsche Experience Centre and the best advice was to change your eating pattern to eat little and often, switching to say five small meals a day, concentrating on fruit and protein. Sounds like your diet is fairly healthy already but you could just be eating too much; but if you cut down, it might result in you snacking on unhealthy foods. It certainly takes discipline.

For comparison I'm 179cm and 78kg.

I'm a season into my club racing, doing two or three 20 minute races on a weekend. I've not experienced racing in particularly hot weather yet but I'm never particularly tired getting out of the car. Longest stint was 43 minutes in an MR2 and I was only just starting to feel tiredness, but again it wasn't a hot day.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3194522)   #3
Stuart_05
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stuart_05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a Personal Trainer so hope the following helps...

If you're losing about 0.5kg per week, you're not doing too badly. The good news is that you're likely to be burning fat and not muscle at that rate. The advice from 88-Racing is very good - change your eating habits to be little and often. Be wary of eating "fat free" dairy products as they tend to be loaded with sugar which just populates your fat cells anyway. It could be you need to cut your portion sizes - try something like using a smaller plate.

As for exercise, try working with weights where you can complete 12 -15 reps. You shouldn't bulk up at that level. Also do exercises that use more than one muscle ie. do shoulder presses but don't do bicep curls.

For cardio, do lots of short, high intensity interval training. It will make your body burn fat for hours after you leave the gym. Regular cardio only works for the period that you're exercising for.

Hope that helps!
Old 27 Jan 2013, 04:33 (Ref:3194747)   #4
GT-Driver
Rookie

Qatar
Doha-Qatar
GT-Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks

Thanks mates.That was some helpfull tips