Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Dec 2000, 04:03 (Ref:54887)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Just thought I would give yas a run down on the aussies in the race at Adelaide.

Late change ...Brad Jones may drive the Audi instead of Allan Mcnish..(see other post for his details)

david Brabham..been in the series all year ..ex F1 driver ..Brit F3 champ, Oz F2 and Oz F Ford champ.

Jason bright..Oz F Ford champ, US F Ford 2000 champ 1998 bathurst V8 supercar winner and 1 win in indy lites in 2000 as well as champcar debut at surfers paradise.

Greg Murphy...New Zealander actually...V8 Supercar driver ..winner of Bathurst 1000 V8 race as well as several F Ford and F Holden wins in NZ

Jim Cornish...I believe sadly the car he is driving is out for the weekend after a crash...but he has been driving a super tourer for the last few years this year in a Honda Accord...was due to drive the Pilbeam SR2

Ray Lintott..race veteran of many years in Oz..from touring cars to Porsches and a viper in GTP this year..will drive the Chamberlain Viper.

Old 30 Dec 2000, 04:11 (Ref:54888)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
OOPS WRONG BUTTON :)

Mike Fitzgerald..Im not to sure on this one but I believe he is from melbourne and has driven super tourers in the past....Porsche 911 GT3

Darren Palmer..Darren has been around for a while and has been a reasonably competitive driver in many classes from GTP to Formula 3 in Oz..he will be in a 911 GT3

Rohan Skea..has campained his own team all year in GT3 and done an impressive job ..mainly raced Porsches back in Oz

Allan heath..will drive the Conrad Lola..which was crashed yesterday by another driver and not him as has been reported..the car is fixed and back on track today...Allan drives V8 supercar in a Ford Falcon.

there may be a few more guys that I have overlooked and if I have then I apologise to those drivers

Old 30 Dec 2000, 11:15 (Ref:54908)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jim Cornish was supposed to race, but his name is yet to appear on any of the results sheets.

Also don't forget Des Wall, a former Australian Sport Sedan Champion, and Christian D'Agostin, a jack of all trades.
Old 30 Dec 2000, 12:38 (Ref:54935)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
that would be because the car has been withdrawn already crash test..

I didnt know that Des Wall and Christian Da ...whatever his name is are driving..Christian is an excellent racer in my view and has a big future ahead of him in Oz motorsports..he has been driving Commodore cup with great sucess of late and has some V8 supercar experience as well..One to watch...and Des Wall..stalwart of sports sedan racing in Oz should do rather well too