Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 21 Feb 2009, 00:54 (Ref:2401153)   #1
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
South Midlands Training Day

Just a quick reminder about the Sth Mids training day on Saturday 28th Feb. It is mainly a theory day, as practical was at Mallory a couple of weeks ago, covering everything bar fire training. Location is Sandy Village Hall, SG19 1BN, starting at 1000hrs. Arrive early, coffee/tea available. A buffet lunch will be supplied, if you are a ''veggie'' let us know. Contact details are caroline.ts@btinternet.com or PM me BEFORE Thursday 26th so I can pass on any information. Anybody welcome, no matter which region you are with.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 08:26 (Ref:2401259)   #2
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chris, next year can you organise the training day so that it will not clash with the VSCC pomeroy trophy meeting at Silverstone. the VSCC also have an MSA approved training morning at this meeting.This clash has happened before.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2401346)   #3
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bob, this training day was arranged before the end of last season, before this years fixtures were announced. Maybe the VSCC meeting should be held on a Sunday instead.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2401451)   #4
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Pom has always taken place on a Saturday and for the last 3 years has had training session at the meeting. It is only since 2008 that our training day
has been moved from Sunday ( the last one was at the Honda F1 headquarters) to Saturday
Old 24 Feb 2009, 15:07 (Ref:2403202)   #5
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm staying out of this one..........

see you at the Pom Bob
Old 24 Feb 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2403329)   #6
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
I will be there, I have sent apols to our chairman and asked for the clash to be avoided next year!!!!
Old 26 Feb 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2404670)   #7
Scoundrel
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Scoundrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

So we can leave the probans at home then????
Old 26 Feb 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2404772)   #8
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes-the info I was sent just said to take some something warm and waterproof and maybe your marshalling gloves. Think there's some sort of rescue training going on but don't quote me on that!
Old 26 Feb 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2404880)   #9
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
Everything bar fire training on Saturday. There will be a rescue unit to show you, and how everything on board works. Flagging too. A novice session. Lunch provided, also for our veggie friends.Tea and coffee provided. A limited amount of regalia should also be available. All the South Midlands Committee will be there ''entertaining'' you, along with Chris Hobson, the BMMC Chairman, to answer any questions anybody may have. See you all there.
Sandy Village Hall, Medusa Way, Sandy, SG19 1BN. Starts 10:00am. Refreshments from 09:30.
Old 28 Feb 2009, 18:47 (Ref:2406113)   #10
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
A note to thank you to everyone who attended our training day today. Over 50 people there, our best attendance for a theory based day. Thanks also to the organisers, the MSV Rescue unit, Mike for his input as a driver, and an excellant buffet lunch. Good to see so many ''novices'' there too.
Old 28 Feb 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2406244)   #11
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, an excellent day loads of new info to process, and a lot more understanding of what other folk are getting up to / need from me when I'm out there.

Thanks again to all those who gave their time and expertise so willingly.

Cheers, David

almost forgot! - huge congrats to Tony for his double trophy win - hopefully those who know more can post a fresh thread and piccies tomorrow?
Old 28 Feb 2009, 23:26 (Ref:2406296)   #12
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
Yes David I forgot to mention the awards that Tony won. The South Midlands New Marshal of the Year, and the John Nicol Trophy which is a National trophy. Well Done TONY.
Old 28 Feb 2009, 23:30 (Ref:2406299)   #13
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Col_Rugby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony who? I know a few tonys
Old 28 Feb 2009, 23:55 (Ref:2406310)   #14
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Rugby View Post
Tony who? I know a few tonys
Tony Apsion, now in his third year as a marshal. ''Terrible-Tones'' here on 10ths
Old 28 Feb 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2406313)   #15
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Col_Rugby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it might have been but didn't want to jump to the conclusion.

Well done Tony, I know how much work you put into your marshaling & the awards are richly deserved.

Hopefully you get to enjoy your racing as much as your marshaling

Col
Old 1 Mar 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2406552)   #16
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks to all involved for an informative day-was also good to put faces to names who have been so helpful during my first few months marshalling

Roll on 750mc at Snett in 2 weeks!

Chris-any chance of posting the quiz answers on here?
Old 1 Mar 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2406557)   #17
AndyT
Racer

England
Peterborough
AndyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting and informative day.

Chris
Any chance of the answers to the quiz.

Andy
Old 1 Mar 2009, 13:27 (Ref:2406618)   #18
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
Thank you for the positive comments received so far. As for the quiz answers, I will be publishing them in the next newsletter, together with an overview of the whole day.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2407452)   #19
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just to say thank you to everyone for making this such a great day. As usual I learnt loads - and thought that all the presentations were really interesting. Thanks to everyone who organised it - I can't begin to imagine how much time and effort you must freely give.

As mentioned in the thread already I was very shocked but humbled and honoured to receive the two trophys. The regional one one was honour enough - but I was simply stunned and wholly speechless for hours to receive the national award. Of course it is all down to the help and encouragement I have received from you guys - whether experienced or new, across the months.

So a huge thank you to you all.