Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 May 2011, 16:51 (Ref:2883186)   #1
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Monaco Historic GP 2012

Good news for all F3 1000 fans!
The Monaco Government has approved the plan whereby qualifying will now commence on Friday afternoon.
This gives them more time and means in effect that all the series can be run as before instead of having to drop one (which was going to be F3 1000).

Perhaps four series will have their first qualifying session on the Friday afternoon and a second one Saturday afternoon. The others will have their first session Saturday morning and a second one in the afternoon.
All races will be on Sunday as before.
The F1 3000 cc cars will be in two separate series but with an earlier cut off date than before in the earlier series (I think it will be 1972).
Scrutineering/signing on will start on Wednesday.

Sportscars as before i.e. up to 1952.

I have been asked which cars I think should be allowed to run their first session on the Friday afternoon? I think the 3000 cc cars plus the two F3 categories (as they may need to change gear ratios etc for the second session and this will give them more time). What do you think?

Marcus
Old 20 May 2011, 18:55 (Ref:2883224)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Flipping eck Marcus im still at work on a Friday night cycling home so ive ad a few beers. This all seems a bit complicated to me.If I get another entry are you saying we will get an extra pratice sesion on Friday.
Old 20 May 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2883283)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Iain, you need a car, not a bike
Old 21 May 2011, 07:24 (Ref:2883401)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry about yesterdays post Marcus. "bit worse for where".Not involved in F1 but im sure those guy's would apreciate a Friday run. Do not some of them test up the road at La Luc?????on the way down that week. Also spectators will get a chance to see the cars.For me running the F3 1000 cc car last year worked very well as did my the time table for my March 793.I made lots of notes on set up and gear ratio's last year so I am guessing others did the same,if I am lucky enough to be invited back I will be much better prepared.Better get on and earn some money now. What news on FJ running in 2012.
Old 21 May 2011, 08:40 (Ref:2883425)   #5
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Sorry about yesterdays post Marcus. "bit worse for where".Not involved in F1 but im sure those guy's would apreciate a Friday run. Do not some of them test up the road at La Luc?????on the way down that week. Also spectators will get a chance to see the cars.For me running the F3 1000 cc car last year worked very well as did my the time table for my March 793.I made lots of notes on set up and gear ratio's last year so I am guessing others did the same,if I am lucky enough to be invited back I will be much better prepared.Better get on and earn some money now. What news on FJ running in 2012.
There will still be two sessions per series, but for some series the first session will be on Friday (and the second and last on Saturday afternoon).
But no FJ - F3 1000 cc has taken over from FJ.
Old 21 May 2011, 17:49 (Ref:2883568)   #6
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
But no FJ - F3 1000 cc has taken over from FJ.
Marcus,

Is that just for 2012 or do the Screamers now have the slot for the foreseeable future?

James
Old 21 May 2011, 18:40 (Ref:2883587)   #7
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
R D P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems I can save myself quite some money in 2012 - maybe I should have bought a screamer instead of the FJ...
Old 22 May 2011, 16:57 (Ref:2883982)   #8
Matthew Sturmer
Rookie

Matthew Sturmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems like a sensible solution Marcus. It will also take the pressure off should there be any issues and most importantly, actually give you a chance to watch some of the other cars as with practice and qualifying both on the same day, last year I spent the whole day underground in the "bat cave".

Matthew
Old 22 May 2011, 19:38 (Ref:2884060)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Sturmer View Post
It seems like a sensible solution Marcus. It will also take the pressure off should there be any issues and most importantly, actually give you a chance to watch some of the other cars as with practice and qualifying both on the same day, last year I spent the whole day underground in the "bat cave".

Matthew
Not as much as me Matt Should I get another chance going to check,double check,then treblecheck,my HTP papers.
Old 22 May 2011, 20:01 (Ref:2884072)   #10
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not as much as me Matt Should I get another chance going to check,double check,then treblecheck,my HTP papers.
Why do you need an HTP for an F3 car? I mean you can understand some weird tin top needing something official to explain what it is. But a F3 is an F3 is an F3. What importance can the papers have?
Old 22 May 2011, 20:02 (Ref:2884073)   #11
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps that is the wrong question.
Old 23 May 2011, 04:43 (Ref:2884213)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Why do you need an HTP for an F3 car? I mean you can understand some weird tin top needing something official to explain what it is. But a F3 is an F3 is an F3. What importance can the papers have?
Samd, you need to read Iain's report from last year- it's here, post 209 on that thread.
Old 23 May 2011, 06:40 (Ref:2884231)   #13
SAMD
Veteran

Thanks for that Mike,

Mmm, I suppose there is more to it than first meets the eye. A bit like anything else one looks at from the periphery.
Old 23 May 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2884354)   #14
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marcus,

Do you think that FJs have had it for good at Monaco or is there reason to hope for the future?

Did they do something wrong to annoy the organisers?
Old 23 May 2011, 18:31 (Ref:2884655)   #15
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forgive my ignorance. Who is the organiser for Monaco? How/who do I get in touch with to request entry? Is it a Goodwood type situation?
Thanks
Old 23 May 2011, 19:07 (Ref:2884679)   #16
SAMD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Shuckburgh View Post
Forgive my ignorance. Who is the organiser for Monaco? How/who do I get in touch with to request entry? Is it a Goodwood type situation?
Thanks
Hi Ben, dont quote me on this! but from what I understand the grids are usually well oversubscribed so you need first a car that is eligible for the grid and then preferably something a little different/interesting/intriguing to whet the organisers appetite. And then as usual a little bit o luck. I would imagine google would bring up the organisers details.

Cheers.
Old 23 May 2011, 20:25 (Ref:2884729)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monaco 2010 Andy's pics 001.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	692.0 KB
ID:	33000As we are all geting in the mood for 2012my freind thats Mon Ami popped in today with some pics from 2012. I like the one with my race car engineer Alan Morgan and I think I must off past wind in the driver group photograph as they all seem to be looking my way.
Old 23 May 2011, 20:36 (Ref:2884737)   #18
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Attachment 33000As we are all geting in the mood for 2012my freind thats Mon Ami popped in today with some pics from 2012. I like the one with my race car engineer Alan Morgan and I think I must off past wind in the driver group photograph as they all seem to be looking my way.
I don't think wind would have anything to do with it Iain. Dress code dear boy, that's the key. All 'pilotes' other than your good self were wearing drivery type fashion gear and so were easily recognised as 'pilotes'. Even if partially topless, if you see what I mean. Even got the correct shoes.

IR, on the other hand, not so attired.

They probably thought you were one of those people who just turns up in photos all over the place without being invited.

Old 23 May 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2884745)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Your right GP but thats because when I get out of racing cars I have to get on with my proper job........ Tea boy
Old 23 May 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2884756)   #20
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Your right GP but thats because when I get out of racing cars I have to get on with my proper job........ Tea boy

So, it being Monaco, they were wondering why you were not carrying a silver tray and a clean white napkin .... or whatever you usually carry for them.
Old 23 May 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2884779)   #21
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Quote:
Hi Ben, dont quote me on this! but from what I understand the grids are usually well oversubscribed so you need first a car that is eligible for the grid and then preferably something a little different/interesting/intriguing to whet the organisers appetite. And then as usual a little bit o luck. I would imagine google would bring up the organisers details.

Cheers.
Thanks. May have the car......possibly...........but hoping for a name!
Old 24 May 2011, 09:00 (Ref:2885024)   #22
SAMD
Veteran

Hey Grant, dont forget the shorter the trouser the better for dissipating excess gasses.
Old 24 May 2011, 09:58 (Ref:2885050)   #23
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Hey Grant, dont forget the shorter the trouser the better for dissipating excess gasses.
True ... but a race suit must offer better trapping capabilities?
Old 24 May 2011, 22:52 (Ref:2885490)   #24
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Shuckburgh View Post
Thanks. May have the car......possibly...........but hoping for a name!
Go to the Automobile Club of Monaco's website (ACM.MC).
Choose Grand Prix Historique.
Entry forms will be available for download from there sometime.

The organiser's name is Michel Ferry and he speaks loads of languages if you do ring him, but he will be rather busy at present organising this coming weekends procession.

Make sure you fill the forms in completely and don't forget the entry fee (you can use a credit card these days rather than dump 5 grand in their bank account until you find out if you've been accepted or not!) - incomplete forms are returned immediately which isn't a good starting point.

As has been said, entry seemingly depends on the usual criteria for such events - how important is the driver, what history does the driver have and then similar questions about the car!!
It does seem to be easier to get an entry if you are from one of the less well represented countries (so if you've got relatives in Albania...).

And when/if you get there expect to be introduced to the scrutineer's relative who sells surprisingly expensive clothing, fire-extinguishers etc that fortunately have the acceptable labels on them....
Old 25 May 2011, 06:08 (Ref:2885566)   #25
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Thanks Peter. That's really helpful. I can but try!