Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 May 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3078257)   #26
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Allen View Post
Has an entry list been published? - I can't see anything on the Masters site
entry list linked to on the marshals thread
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133296
Old 23 May 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3078271)   #27
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Now on Masters website. Some good grids! Really looking forward to a fun weekend.
Old 24 May 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3078927)   #28
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Camping

Is camping in the big field this weekend?
Old 28 May 2012, 07:34 (Ref:3080335)   #29
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Mike Bell of this parish for his 2nd place in the JDC race, 3rd overall in the combined grid with Masters 70s

A really good showing for Lairy Canary sandwiched between the ex workks TWR XJS & Bastos Rover which I attribute to the fantastic work of his pit crew

I was also glad that my Mum bought me a Meccano set when I was a kid, as it meant I was able to help Mike take down the awning from Big Truck
Old 28 May 2012, 07:34 (Ref:3080336)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!

Wow! From hypothermia to sunstroke in 7 days! What a weekend- never seen so many smiling faces in a paddock as everyone enjoyed the fantastic weather and great GP circuit.

Our awning was much needed to keep everything cool rather than dry for a change and the 4 cars contained all ran strongly and reliably in their respective races. No trophys for either of the two Morgans in GD but Malcolm Paul and Rick Bourne had a fantastic Woodcote Trophy race in the former's Lotus X- 2nd o/a behind Monteverde's D type.

I had entered the JD Classics touring car race which was combined with Masters 70's Celebration, and made a very colourful grid. Reliability proved to be an issue for a lot of cars, unfortunately, but the combined results saw the TWR XJS (JDC) driven by Pearson and Ward take the flag after 40 hot minutes, followed by the 240Z (Masters) of Giordanelli and Watts, and then some bloke in an RS1600 called 'Lairy Canary' (JDC). That's two races this year and two podiums..... I had to work for it though, as having jumped Bert Smeets Bastos Rover (JDC) during the pit stops, he got to within two seconds of me before I saw his pit board and did something about it, setting my fastest lap in the process!

Big thanks to all the Marshals, rescue crews and MSV people who put on a brilliant weekend. And personal thanks to those that helped me take the awning down at the end of a long day- especially Cliff Ryan who then found his car locked in the car park as the MSV man had gone home!

Old 28 May 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3080354)   #31
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
my sincere thanks to ALL of you for making my job of parking you up in the paddock so enjoyable, everyone was so helpful despite the paddock being rather full. I look forward to helping you all again soon.
Old 28 May 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3080422)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats Mike. Will you be entering the JDC at Silverstone?
Old 28 May 2012, 12:44 (Ref:3080551)   #33
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
my sincere thanks to ALL of you for making my job of parking you up in the paddock so enjoyable, everyone was so helpful despite the paddock being rather full. I look forward to helping you all again soon.
Stephen, it works both ways. Thank YOU for your courtesy and help all weekend!

Old 28 May 2012, 12:48 (Ref:3080555)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Congrats Mike. Will you be entering the JDC at Silverstone?
Thank you Peter. It did need some mechanicals and an off or two from other people to achieve!

Silverstone hasn't been on the list up to now but that could change. We will see....
Old 28 May 2012, 13:42 (Ref:3080580)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Mike,part of finishing entails keeping it on the black stuff,if that doesn't happen
Any how,great result regardless,well done. [Any practice starts out of the Pit Lane btw?]http://tentenths.com/forum/images/icons/icon25.gif
Old 28 May 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3080735)   #36
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
I shall be lubricating the floor in pit 17. Please bring your mop.
Marcus

Hi Marcus and sorry did not spend more time helping you clean up but glad the clutch now works. We have included some images of 'Moon-Eyes' in our gallery along with full report www.retro-speed.co.uk. What a fantastic day.
Old 28 May 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3080770)   #37
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That really was a fantastic weekend. Can there be anything better as a spectator than wandering round Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit in the sun while watching and listening to historic racing cars being raced?

Congratulations to Roger Wills for victories in the Lancia LC2 (my personal favourite of the weekend) and the McLaren M1B and for giving Brendon Hartley the run (to victory in race 2) in the Lotus 92, to Mike Bell as already mentioned and to all other competitors & officials in making this weekend work so well.

However special mention must be made of Rudolf Ernst who gained his first podium (if I heard the interview correctly) in his March in the first Hall & Hall race. You certainly sounded as if you enjoyed it!
Old 28 May 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3080803)   #38
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
That really was a fantastic weekend. Can there be anything better as a spectator than wandering round Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit in the sun while watching and listening to historic racing cars being raced?

Congratulations to Roger Wills for victories in the Lancia LC2 (my personal favourite of the weekend) and the McLaren M1B and for giving Brendon Hartley the run (to victory in race 2) in the Lotus 92, to Mike Bell as already mentioned and to all other competitors & officials in making this weekend work so well.

However special mention must be made of Rudolf Ernst who gained his first podium (if I heard the interview correctly) in his March in the first Hall & Hall race. You certainly sounded as if you enjoyed it!

I certainly enjoyed that, podium, lap of honour, the works !!
Rudolf
Old 29 May 2012, 03:37 (Ref:3080917)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good stuff Rudolf
Old 29 May 2012, 05:29 (Ref:3080933)   #40
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
I certainly enjoyed that, podium, lap of honour, the works !!
Rudolf
Well done Rudolf! An excellent location to achieve that.

I suggested that for 70s / 80s races they need to resurrect the Capri Mk2 that was used in period for the victory lap.

Oh, and is was a bit disappointing to find that the Range Rover driver wasn't allowed to take us back to the paddock!
Old 29 May 2012, 05:43 (Ref:3080938)   #41
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stunning weekend in wonderful weather, a bit warm in the closed cars for 50 minutes I would imagine!

Well done Mike, a great drive in the lairy canary and a good start to the season, hope you have time to polish the silverware you are collecting

Big thanks to Roger Wills for bringing so many cars for us to enjoy, as always driven to the limit.

Shame the pre 66 Touring Cars was last on the bill, so many spectators had drifted away and missed one of the best races of the weekend, well done Patrick Watts, some amazing driving in the opening laps through Paddock chasing Leo!
Old 29 May 2012, 06:02 (Ref:3080947)   #42
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well done Rudolf! An excellent location to achieve that.

I suggested that for 70s / 80s races they need to resurrect the Capri Mk2 that was used in period for the victory lap.

It still exists Mike,tripple Webers included.The car was at Brands a couple of years ago.
Old 29 May 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3081078)   #43
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post

Totally agree with all of that. Was a great weekend for marshalling as well.
Roger, the Lancia was stunning. The sound of Lola T70s thundering towards Hawthorns on a hot day is bliss. Well done Mike, you've got to be in it to win it.
Sorry about the oil slick on the hill out of Stirlings on Saturday. We tried to stop the culprit earlier. Thankfully no damage was done, especially to the leader who spun and stopped on te circuit.
Fantastic weekend, thank you all.
Old 29 May 2012, 14:50 (Ref:3081211)   #44
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I put a film on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcLjbbiTzww&feature=plcp
I have a new camera - but the image is a bit wobbly, not sure why.
This is with the car on Good Year tyres, worth 4 seconds a lap over the M-section Dunlops I used in the Sports Racing Masters race on Sunday!
Marcus
Old 29 May 2012, 15:55 (Ref:3081226)   #45
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ Awesome video

heres some links to my photos

Saturday
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...7629916245484/

Sunday
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...7629951948156/

was a great weekend weatherwise and also to see so many super cars being raced hard, allthough i felt some of the races could have been combined as they had basically the same sort of cars and grids of only about 12 cars, might be an idea to schedule the weekend next year so it doesnt clash with other historic f1 races, the grids might be bigger that way.

i didnt miss the great tin top action at the end of sunday because i only got there at about 3.30pm! (i was busy watching some other racing on tv)

IMO one or two of the F1 cars (one in particular) were being wasted by drivers who obviously didnt actually want to go very fast, its a shame to see them not being raced properly and could cause an accident due to the massive difference in apex speed.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3083530)   #46
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Stephen, it works both ways. Thank YOU for your courtesy and help all weekend!

Thank you Mike and I hope to be of help again in the future. I had a fantastic weekend in the paddock, everyone was so friendly and I even had my little places to stop for tea and coffee. Special thanks to Tim of the Historic GP Assn for the bottle of wine which slipped down my throat last night