Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 20 Jan 2006, 15:54 (Ref:1505314)   #26
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most people are hanging on to their money, me included. There will probably be a rush in March when a registration is needed for thr free test. Ian has signed, but he won a free registration at the Winter series. There don't seem much point in spending the money uneccessarily early.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1509408)   #27
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe there are 4 ex jedi racers possibly going into F.Renault (BARC & National).

Felix as already mentioned.
Louis Hamilton-Smith has a carbon car I believe for BARC
Jodie Hemming may be looking into either BARC or Nat.
David Hodgson is another possibility (probably Nat)

David Scott was an ex jedi driver too....I think he's driving again this year.

All are pretty good, and I would expect DavidH to go incredibly well if he does compete this year. Felix should be pretty handy too. Remember they are coming from wings'n'slicks with downforce and sequential geared cars rather than fford, so I would expect them to get upto speed quicker than other newbies...even f.bmw drivers.

Should be a good year, and I'll be watching from the armchair.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 13:44 (Ref:1509440)   #28
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Does anyone know if the guy who brought David Scott's car is coming out in BARC this year?
Old 26 Jan 2006, 13:55 (Ref:1509450)   #29
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveMS
I believe there are 4 ex jedi racers possibly going into F.Renault (BARC & National).

Felix as already mentioned.
Louis Hamilton-Smith has a carbon car I believe for BARC
Jodie Hemming may be looking into either BARC or Nat.
David Hodgson is another possibility (probably Nat)

David Scott was an ex jedi driver too....I think he's driving again this year.

All are pretty good, and I would expect DavidH to go incredibly well if he does compete this year. Felix should be pretty handy too. Remember they are coming from wings'n'slicks with downforce and sequential geared cars rather than fford, so I would expect them to get upto speed quicker than other newbies...even f.bmw drivers.

Should be a good year, and I'll be watching from the armchair.
As you say, David Scott came from Jedi, after winning the F Honda Championship in '03. Two of his lap records still stand, I believe.

He will tell you that the FR, particularly the carbon car, is chalk and cheese compared to the Jedi. BMW experience would be much more relevant.

Felix already has testing time in a non-carbon FR
Old 26 Jan 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1509451)   #30
REALIST
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson
Does anyone know if the guy who brought David Scott's car is coming out in BARC this year?

That is his intention, Bob.

I appreciate your earlier comment about hanging on to the registration fee as long as possible. It's a pity there's no way of confirming 'intention to enter' so that we could all have a good idea of what's likely to be happening.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 14:05 (Ref:1509455)   #31
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveMS
All are pretty good, and I would expect DavidH to go incredibly well if he does compete this year.
He was certainly impressive in the Jedi - VERY fast, smooth & consistent. One of the best prospects I've seen for a long time!
Old 26 Jan 2006, 14:22 (Ref:1509466)   #32
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Yes, your right, I think I may suggest it to Simon North as it would be nice to know where we stand as a formula. I have been keeping count in my head and I reckon that with the people who dropped out towards the end of last season and at the end we are slightly better than break even. But that is only based on what I happen to pick up through rumour etc, it definately isn't any worse than that, and could be a whole lot better.
Thinking on, there is little point in suggesting the confirming intention, as Simon, like any of us only knows of people who have contacted him. Short of asking for confirmation through the Autosport, its hard to see how to do it.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 16:03 (Ref:1509507)   #33
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Right, I.ve talked to Pauline and here is my assment of where we stand at the moment. There are 22 either registered or that I know are going to, these split 50/50 as twin cams and 8 valves. The ones I know are going to are reliable word of mouth, not an assurance from someone I have never met before. The chap with David Scott's car has definately registered. Carolyn is out, but Mike Read has another man in her place plus mark Terry who raced at the winter series. Does anyone know about Stritska (I can't remember his first name) with Nicky Wicox's Mygale?
There are currently 4 eight valves on the market, but no twin cams. Or certainly not at a price any normal person could afford.
There are countless 8 valves gracing peoples garages up and down the country, Hopefully the 4 for sale will be brought and used in BARC, maybe one or two currently in garages will come out and who knows? maybe some of the cars running outside the formula may be tempted in by the prize money and general Renault bon homie!!
Old 27 Jan 2006, 05:39 (Ref:1509891)   #34
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bob, I believe Andy (Nick Wilcox's Mygale) is def out this year.
Old 27 Jan 2006, 08:27 (Ref:1509941)   #35
Bob Pearson
Veteran

When you say "out" Simon, do you mean as in not racing?
Old 27 Jan 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1509960)   #36
widerviewphoto
Rookie

United Kingdom
Easthampstead, Berkshire
widerviewphoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is definately looking good with all the people I talk thinking that BARC in 2006 will be getting back to the larger grids of a few years ago.

It should lead to some great competition and some great photos.

Bring it on !!
Old 30 Jan 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1512180)   #37
blossy
Rookie

blossy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
skriczka is not racing this year. he rang me last week to see if i knew where he could sell his car. i believe he has a medical condition which prevents him from racing.
Old 31 Jan 2006, 10:22 (Ref:1512574)   #38
Bob Pearson
Veteran

I've just done my best guess's and crystal ball stuff based on what I know and think I may know and I reckon we are currently looking like 19 minimum with 24 as a maximum with the Twin cams looking to outnumber the 8 valves for the first time.
The 5 question marks, which someone may be able to firm up for me are:Philipe Challande, Avni ( Mike Read's second runner), Worwick junior ( it seemed in the Autosport he could be either in BARC or National FR ) and the chap building James Green's old car.
Old 5 Feb 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1515878)   #39
REALIST
Racer

Anyone planned any pre-seaon testing yet?
Old 5 Feb 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1516055)   #40
jlittlejohn
Rookie

jlittlejohn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im testing at Snetterton on the 14 and 15th of Feb and then at Silverstone on the 17th. Did Donington last thursday (2nd feb). Any other BARC runners going to be out on those dates?
Old 6 Feb 2006, 08:32 (Ref:1516404)   #41
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Too cold for that game, we won't be out till it gets warmer. maybe do the free test at Snett on March 28th
Old 6 Feb 2006, 13:36 (Ref:1516548)   #42
JHMotorsport
Rookie

JHMotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will do the free test in March too like Bob says..... anyone gone testing this year and got more than 15 degrees into the tyres??!!
Old 6 Feb 2006, 21:00 (Ref:1516860)   #43
jlittlejohn
Rookie

nope tyres were still stone cold after about 12 laps of donington. Still good practice though.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1521168)   #44
Denis
Rookie

Denis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After months of just looking the messages of the site, I joined the community of writers... It took me some time (too slow, I know...)
Pierre and I will continue with great pleasure in FR BARC this year. We will remain with Mark Burdett. Unfortunately, Philippe is not likely to continue because he will probably move abroad for professional reasons. I think that he already got an offer for his car but I do not think that he sold it yet (FR2000).
Really great that the number of participants to the series is increasing: more fun! I cannot wait to start testing and see you again on circuits: Bob, Ian, Blossy (are you back?!?).
Old 13 Feb 2006, 08:49 (Ref:1521585)   #45
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Ian and I will be out in something, not sure what yet, not so sure about Martin. Sad to see Phillipe won't be out, we will be losing some of our international flavour.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1524333)   #46
jlittlejohn
Rookie

There were a couple of BARC 2.0l runners at Snetterton on tuesday wednesday. Track conditions were not perfect, if a little cold and damp. Quickest time was a low 1:10.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1524342)   #47
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Were they twin cams or 8 valves?
Old 16 Feb 2006, 14:55 (Ref:1524370)   #48
jlittlejohn
Rookie

Both were 2004 onwards Uk formula renault spec with the BARC air restrictors. I think there the twin cams?
Old 16 Feb 2006, 15:10 (Ref:1524375)   #49
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Yes, 2004 cars are the twin cams. They weren't doing bad times if the conditions weren't perfect. If I remember rightly pole time on new tyres for the twin cams was mid to low 1min 08 last year.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 12:33 (Ref:1525593)   #50
jlittlejohn
Rookie

There were a few twin cam BARC runners out at Silverstone on friday, quickest laps on old rubber were sub 58's by Falcon and Hillspeed.