Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 4 Aug 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1371844)   #1
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Challenge Initiative

hmmm it looks to be resurfacing. Series launch on the 18th.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 12:17 (Ref:1371863)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How many times is that they've launched it now?
Old 4 Aug 2005, 12:17 (Ref:1371864)   #3
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
3 I think
Old 4 Aug 2005, 12:30 (Ref:1371876)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And is it still the same upstanding and respected figure behind it?
Old 4 Aug 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1372252)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Mr. Wardell - of course
Old 5 Aug 2005, 08:25 (Ref:1372630)   #6
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please tell us more, the series website doesn't seem to be functioning.

I'm having trouble finding the reports on what should now be it's 3rd season of racing :-)
Old 6 Aug 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1373934)   #7
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When they say funded, do they provide the funds, or does the driver have to come with a blank cheque?

I can think of plenty of exceptional drivers that deserve funded drives.

Danny Watts being close to the top of the list. Looks like Adam Carroll will be joining him on the list too.

Rob.
Old 6 Aug 2005, 20:31 (Ref:1373940)   #8
Peter Wardle
Rookie

Peter Wardle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a few facts

Hi guys,
Nice to see that you keep an eye on the Autosport ads.
Yes - the Challenge is very much with us and we have done a huge amount of work in the last four years to make this the best single seater racing anywhere in the uK.
So that you know - the first announcement introduced the concept, the second, two years ago, demonstrated a concept car with Ben Collions at the wheel.
It has taken the last two years to finalise our supply chain (the car is 95% sourced in the UK unlike most other categories that are all imported) and, having found out how much investment we needed to make, raise the money. Not too easy in a 2005 economy.
If you're a Racing Driver with the right licence or a Team Principal why not find out the facts and come along to the definitive launch on 18th August (Thursday) at Sywell Aerodrome - details in our Autosport Ad.
The brand new Challenge Car will be introduced, as will our plans for 2006 and beyond and an outline of the way in which we can solved the sponsorship problem for a number of drivers, many of who have been lost to the sport when their family finding ran out.
Our new web site will also be launched then.
Meanwhile if you have any sensible questions you can ask them here.
Old 9 Aug 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1375569)   #9
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
could you tell us more about the car Peter - the one that ran a couple of years ago was based on an Indy Lights Lola wasn't it? Also are Latinum still involved?
Old 9 Aug 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1375598)   #10
superfox2000
Racer

Gibraltar
Cheltenham
superfox2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Auld has 2 Indy lights cars!
Old 9 Aug 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1375669)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Would this be seen as an F3 replacement, potentially?
Old 9 Aug 2005, 13:21 (Ref:1375806)   #12
Peter Wardle
Rookie

Hi - the car we demonstrated at Rockingham was a hybrid which Lola very kindly built for us using an Indy lights tub/front suspension mated to an F3000 rear end and with the Langford engine in the middle - it was not ever intended as our production car but gave us very valuable information which proved a neutral downforce car would work and was huge fun to drive and watch!
The new car being announced shortly has been designed from the ground up by Oxford Racing and is built to Champ Car engineering standards, with the Langford engine driving through a Hewland NMT 6 speed sequential transmission. It is 95% sourced here in the UK.
It is also crash tested to Champ Car standards and will be running on the oval at Rockingham as well as a number of road circuits throughout next year in our first full Series.
I could not comment on this as a replacement for anything as F3 has a long history of excellence and in any case we are doing everything we can to dovetail around the traditional events in working out our 2006 calendar. Think of it more as a new layer of motor racing where drivers can have a paying careeer option at Senior National levels and audiences can be entertained with some electifying racing where overtaking, race strategy, driver skill and not lap times are the key to success.
Old 9 Aug 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1375896)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

I hope it succeeds Peter - I believe the UK deserves a top level single-seater series.

Japan has Formula Nippon - where many drivers race season in, season out - there's no reason why the UK can't have a series like yours as its number one championship.

Any thoughts on a TV deal?
Old 12 Aug 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1380587)   #14
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
I hope it succeeds Peter - I believe the UK deserves a top level single-seater series.
you mean like F3 ?
Old 13 Aug 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1381553)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyracing
you mean like F3 ?

No!

F3 is under-powered and overgripped.
Old 9 Aug 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1375928)   #16
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Well I think I shall be at Silverstone to find out more
Old 9 Aug 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1376064)   #17
Peter Wardle
Rookie

As you will find out at the launch we are not going for tv but web broadcasting which does a much better job for us. I cant go into to much detail now.
ss-collins - you might be a bit lonely at Silverstone because we are launching at Sywell........ - but you'd be welcome there!
Old 12 Aug 2005, 09:09 (Ref:1380502)   #18
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
starts with a S!
Old 15 Aug 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1382702)   #19
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter,
I'm still planning to come to your launch on thursday but I will have a race car & trailor with me as I will be en route to snetterton, is access or parking a problem?
Old 12 Aug 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1380507)   #20
ianpearson
Racer

Peter, do we need to book or make an appointment to come to the launch or can we just turn up? When you mentioned the correct licence are you talking international C?
Old 12 Aug 2005, 10:22 (Ref:1380554)   #21
Peter Wardle
Rookie

Hi Ian,
You dont need to book, just turn up. There's a Team Principals meeting at 12 noon, then the main event is 2 for 2.30pm. The event is aimed at people who want to be involved, not the public at this stage.
Minimum licence is International C for drivers.This isnt a car for novices!
I hopew you can attend and I look forward to meeting you there. (for those who havent read Autosport or Motoring News this week its at Hangar One, Sywell Aerodrome, Sywell, Northants NN6 0BN on Thursday 18th August. Just put the post code into the search engine on www.multimap.com to see where this is)
Old 12 Aug 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1380598)   #22
ianpearson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wardle
Hi Ian,
You dont need to book, just turn up. There's a Team Principals meeting at 12 noon, then the main event is 2 for 2.30pm. The event is aimed at people who want to be involved, not the public at this stage.
Minimum licence is International C for drivers.This isnt a car for novices!
I hopew you can attend and I look forward to meeting you there. (for those who havent read Autosport or Motoring News this week its at Hangar One, Sywell Aerodrome, Sywell, Northants NN6 0BN on Thursday 18th August. Just put the post code into the search engine on www.multimap.com to see where this is)
Thanks Peter, i am interested to see what its all about regarding budgets for a seat next season & how easy it will be to sell to sponsors
Old 12 Aug 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1380707)   #23
Peter Wardle
Rookie

Hi Ian,
We have done a lot of work on the marketing side and are set up to help you find and keep sponsors as well as assist in putting a viable business operation together for you.
The Challenge is not like any other Series since its geared to helping you become a paid professional driver, so a change in thinking is required compared to the traditional "total loss" financing in other traditional Championships.
You'll learn a lot more about this at the launch.
Peter.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 14:21 (Ref:1380729)   #24
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so if I get an International C, can I get a drive ? i can do PR stuff
Old 15 Aug 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1383173)   #25
Peter Wardle
Rookie

Hello Ian,
It shouldnt be a problem but I suggestr you get there a few mintes earlier the 2pm.
Regards,
Peter