Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Aug 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3443504)   #326
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racemech View Post
Thanks for this, I really enjoyed last years highlights. I think it was 1hr last year? It must be a tough job trying to fit everything in. I don't know if they do a DVD like Goodwood?

Cheers,
racemech.
I imagine it will be 60 minutes inclusive of ad breaks, and would be nice to think it will concentrate on the cars rather than any current or past 'celebs'! Think I might be wishing too much with that....

Have never seen a DVD offered for previous meetings.

Old 11 Aug 2014, 17:36 (Ref:3443516)   #327
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those with nothing better to do

Race 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVoI...ature=youtu.be
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 11 Aug 2014, 19:14 (Ref:3443535)   #328
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
For those with nothing better to do

Race 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVoI...ature=youtu.be
Excellent work.

Most interesting to see from the driver's viewpoint how the event was using several versions of the track at the same time. Highly innovative.

Old 11 Aug 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3443537)   #329
stevemorse
Rookie

stevemorse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to say,apart from the tragedy which happened on the Sunday.This was the best classic I have attended everything was right from the weather,cars and the racing.
So a big thank you to everyone involved,especially the drivers who raced their cars not just drove them.
Looking forward to next years already.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 23:57 (Ref:3443583)   #330
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And thats the problem with rolling starts. Even when *you* know how its going to go down you get stuck behind someone who doesn't and potters round the last few corners prior to the start which leaves a big gap in front of them. By the time you cross the line you've lost 100 - 200yds on the pack.
Wayne, that's part of my job (balancing act) in the SC to try to get a tight pack whilst not going too slow for wheel/brake temps but also to keep a eye on the mirror to spot and report anyone who is holding back and trying to get a "flyer". With grids of 50+ it's awkward and relies on the mid pack playing the game.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3444347)   #331
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I really enjoyed the TV prog! Some cracking racing and I even caught sight of the Canary at one stage.

It was great they focussed so much on the 70s upwards, cars I could relate to. What a dice in the Historic F1 race, stirring stuff.

Doubtless there were many errors in the commentary that I missed, but as a piece of TV rather than historically-accurate reportage it was first rate.

MM
Old 14 Aug 2014, 21:44 (Ref:3444354)   #332
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I, too, enjoyed the TV coverage - but was somewhat disappointed by the fact that no mention was made, during the actual programme, of the sad death of Denis Welch, the producers instead relying on a very brief mention flashed up for a couple of seconds at the end of the credits. Was it really asking too much for him to receive an honorable mention during the programme itself? He was, after all, a well known figure in the classic car world.
Old 15 Aug 2014, 05:49 (Ref:3444417)   #333
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didn't see that, I thought they had ignored the dark side altogether.

What I like about the Classic is it's about the racing, not the pantomime, and the programme is pretty exclusively race focussed. The Goodwood programme spends more time people-watching than race-watching.
Old 15 Aug 2014, 06:05 (Ref:3444419)   #334
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Wayne, that's part of my job (balancing act) in the SC to try to get a tight pack whilst not going too slow for wheel/brake temps but also to keep a eye on the mirror to spot and report anyone who is holding back and trying to get a "flyer". With grids of 50+ it's awkward and relies on the mid pack playing the game.
And not something that happens very often! Worst is the car at the back of the grid following at forty mph-its racing mate, not a sight seeing tour!!!
Old 16 Aug 2014, 18:21 (Ref:3444692)   #335
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Managed to catch the show last night and it was good.
Gave a favour of the event, both on and off the track.
Old 16 Aug 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3444694)   #336
YoungRacer
Rookie

England
Hampshire
YoungRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did anyone get any shots from the friday qualifying chopard trophy ? our bat mobile got some awesome tv time on itv4 ! event seemed very manic this year, we had a great time