Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Dec 2019, 21:14 (Ref:3945062)   #1701
Maxpower1
Rookie

Maxpower1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
You'd think the TOCA engine would be the most likely option considering HARD are running the car for him
He wont be using a Swindon unit
Old 5 Dec 2019, 21:38 (Ref:3945068)   #1702
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpower1 View Post
He wont be using a Swindon unit
Why not?
Old 5 Dec 2019, 21:41 (Ref:3945070)   #1703
Maxpower1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Why not?
Because he will be using the BMW/wsr/neilbrown engine. He's just said so on local radio that the car he has purchased is incomplete and they are waiting for new engines from BMW.
Old 5 Dec 2019, 21:41 (Ref:3945071)   #1704
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
but on the other hand WSR probably won't give out the latest equipment to customers or demand too much $$$

Jelley had the same engine as WSR simply because WSR didn't do any developments at all as they were busy with the actual car the new 3 series

but if they did engine development over the winter customers will probably have to use the same as they used this year

of course Boardley could simply use the TOCA unit instead
You do know WSR don't develop the engine themselves, it's done by Neil Brown Engineering.
Old 5 Dec 2019, 21:42 (Ref:3945072)   #1705
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know but so far Team Parker always had to use the previous year spec engine o what WSR was using
Old 5 Dec 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3945073)   #1706
Maxpower1
Rookie

Engine aside, it's going to be really interesting to see how Carl fairs in what is let's be honest, far superior machinery. Add to the fact he will be back in rwd which apart from last season has been what he has always raced in I think he will be in the top half of the field alot more!
Old 5 Dec 2019, 22:20 (Ref:3945077)   #1707
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Because he will be using the BMW/wsr/neilbrown engine. He's just said so on local radio that the car he has purchased is incomplete and they are waiting for new engines from BMW.
Would the 'new' engines from BMW be the same spec as in the current 3 series?
Old 5 Dec 2019, 22:26 (Ref:3945078)   #1708
Maxpower1
Rookie

Quote:
Would the 'new' engines from BMW be the same spec as in the current 3 series?
That I don't know.
Old 5 Dec 2019, 23:11 (Ref:3945086)   #1709
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
I know but so far Team Parker always had to use the previous year spec engine o what WSR was using
this year parker had the same engine as the 3 series
Old 5 Dec 2019, 23:28 (Ref:3945087)   #1710
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Comes under the testing regs (section 6.11)
"For the avoidance of doubt any testing or competing by any registered driver, team or entrant of any kind whatsoever and regardless of the type of vehicle cannot be undertaken at a venue using a circuit configuration which largely consists of that which is used at a Meeting of the 2019 Championship until after that Meeting, unless with the specific written authorisation of the Administrator"

In your example, Aiden Moffat would be forbidden from competing either way. The choice of car would be irrelevant.

As said earlier, in practice it's almost unheard of for Gow not to approve a request to race elsewhere, although the situation of running a current-ish spec NGTC car might not be so clear cut.
You're entirely correct. I had thought I'd added at different tracks in my post but clearly did not..... so I'll try and explain how I understood it better. And may still be wrong!

As I understand it a driver cannot run a particular car in any other series if it's running in BTCC.

He/ she also cannot run a different car at a track that BTCC will compete in later in the year. So if TCT run at Donington Park earlier in the season than BTCC then a BTCC driver could not partake in the TCT event.

BUT if BTCC ran at Donington before TCT then a driver could partake in BTCC and run a different car in TCT. Subject to the TCT rules not prohibiting that.

Maybe I should stick to getting who's driving what wrong instead, doesn't hurt the brain so much
Old 5 Dec 2019, 23:35 (Ref:3945089)   #1711
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Engine aside, it's going to be really interesting to see how Carl fairs in what is let's be honest, far superior machinery. Add to the fact he will be back in rwd which apart from last season has been what he has always raced in I think he will be in the top half of the field alot more!
He has always been a fast clean racer, so I reckon he could be a regular points scorer in the quality BMW. Hopefully he'll have access to data/ maybe an engineer with experience of NGTC RWD and some budget to get some pre-season testing in.

Fingers crossed for him
Old 6 Dec 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3945150)   #1712
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
He has always been a fast clean racer, so I reckon he could be a regular points scorer in the quality BMW. Hopefully he'll have access to data/ maybe an engineer with experience of NGTC RWD and some budget to get some pre-season testing in.

Fingers crossed for him
The weakest link for him so far has been the garage he's been running out of. At least if he's bought the car himself from WSR he'll hopefully got a spares package so in future he won't get his team-mates cast off parts in future.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3945179)   #1713
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WSR aren’t accustomed to selling their cars, except maybe to the Turkington family.

Are they trying to raise some money towards next years budget for someone maybe?
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:36 (Ref:3945184)   #1714
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is more the case that WSR's price for their cars is extremely high, much like the price for a drive with them. Historically they have sold cars in the past. Mauer Motorsport in Germany acquired a pair of their MGs, and more recently Stephen Jelley one of the 1-Series.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:46 (Ref:3945190)   #1715
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
WSR aren’t accustomed to selling their cars, except maybe to the Turkington family.
IIRC, since NGTC, they've built 7. 3 of which they still run, and the other 4 are all sold?
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:51 (Ref:3945191)   #1716
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did sell some of their BTC MG to Jason Hughes
Old 6 Dec 2019, 13:07 (Ref:3945197)   #1717
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post

Are they trying to raise some money towards next years budget for someone maybe?
why would wsr spend their own money on jordan? the extra budget would likely come from bmw not dick bennets own bank account.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3945198)   #1718
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like some news coming from Trade Price Cars this evening...
Old 6 Dec 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3945199)   #1719
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looks like some news coming from Trade Price Cars this evening...
The release of their documentary I think, rather than a driver announcement.....unless we need to watch right to the very, very end and see what's there after the credits have rolled!

This steady flow of driver and car announcements is great, really whetted my appetite for the 2020 season.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 14:26 (Ref:3945206)   #1720
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://twitter.com/HarlequinSports/...480296960?s=19

Confirmation that the entry will be 'Halfords Yuasa Racing Team'?
Old 6 Dec 2019, 18:36 (Ref:3945257)   #1721
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
why would wsr spend their own money on jordan? the extra budget would likely come from bmw not dick bennets own bank account.
Just a wild thought I’d throw out there but knew it wouldn’t be likely.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 18:51 (Ref:3945260)   #1722
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
https://twitter.com/HarlequinSports/...480296960?s=19

Confirmation that the entry will be 'Halfords Yuasa Racing Team'?
GOOD!
Dread have been the primary clothing provider for the series for many years but are very overpriced, not that well stocked at events and generally dont get team wear out until round 3 or 4

Harlequin were on it from round 1 where I managed to get an MG Exceler8 top and were well stocked and the team were a lot more interactive with customers throughout the events.

Good to have less monopoly on merch
Old 6 Dec 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3945261)   #1723
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
The release of their documentary I think, rather than a driver announcement.....unless we need to watch right to the very, very end and see what's there after the credits have rolled!

This steady flow of driver and car announcements is great, really whetted my appetite for the 2020 season.
Where can this be seen? ive seen nothing about a documentary??
Old 6 Dec 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3945263)   #1724
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
Where can this be seen? ive seen nothing about a documentary??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNxAHBNXmLE
Old 6 Dec 2019, 19:15 (Ref:3945265)   #1725
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
GOOD!
Dread have been the primary clothing provider for the series for many years but are very overpriced, not that well stocked at events and generally dont get team wear out until round 3 or 4

Harlequin were on it from round 1 where I managed to get an MG Exceler8 top and were well stocked and the team were a lot more interactive with customers throughout the events.

Good to have less monopoly on merch
Looking at Harlequin's Exceler8 prices against the Motorbase team wear from Dread for this year, Dread's T shirts were a fiver cheaper, polo shirts were the same price. Dread's jackets were fleece as opposed to harlequins soft shell but the Dread jackets were £10 cheaper.