Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Aug 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3442762)   #226
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Good news for JT is that one two will have his 356 ready for FISCAR next year!
Old 10 Aug 2014, 05:19 (Ref:3442930)   #227
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-two View Post
So you have no interest in who has driven well in other races, you only want to know if anyone has driven badly? Good grief.
That about sums it up. The first thing we all do when we get MSA News is turn to the tribunal cases at the back, see if anyone we know is mentioned.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 06:19 (Ref:3442937)   #228
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
That about sums it up. The first thing we all do when we get MSA News is turn to the tribunal cases at the back, see if anyone we know is mentioned.
That's about the only interesting part of it, the rest is drivel. I like reading the karting tribunals about whose dad has hit or abused anyone, it never seems to be the kids at fault.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 06:41 (Ref:3442941)   #229
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
That's about the only interesting part of it, the rest is drivel. I like reading the karting tribunals about whose dad has hit or abused anyone, it never seems to be the kids at fault.
Bit like reading the Sun, only one page worth turning to?...

Interfering Dads the same in any sport! If left to the kids they would sort it out amongst themselves. Come to think of it, isn't that what Lauda suggested for F1? Stop Dads (the stewards) interfering and let them sort any issues out amongst themselves?
Old 10 Aug 2014, 15:42 (Ref:3443063)   #230
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having an idle Sunday afternoon I've been browsing through this years HSCC results at disciplinary announcements.
One instance took my attention, during a meeting a competitor whose race number had been broadcast several times in observers radio messages in connection with contact incidents was excluded from the results for "Driving in a manner incompatible with general safety, and/or departing from the standard of a reasonably competent driver".
Driving standards are being monitored, however observers only have one pair of eyes and they don't rotate continually through 360 degrees. If we see it, it's reported; remember though, HSCC racing has always been hard, fair, respectful and close so some rubbing is inevitable, the individual decision by observers is; "was that rubbing or contact". I think I'm stricter than most but will still differentiate, in my opinion, between a racing incident or unintentional / intention contact.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 08:35 (Ref:3443417)   #231
Normal Bloke
Rookie

Normal Bloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
So true! Or to read the graphic details of how father-of-7-year-old-Dwayne-grabbed-father-of-7-year-old-Brooklyn-by-the-throat, shouting "If your son goes near my son on the track again, I'll F*****g kill you", etc, etc.....

Last edited by Normal Bloke; 11 Aug 2014 at 08:39. Reason: grammar
Old 11 Aug 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3443451)   #232
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do we assume the boys names to have been changed? Or do the both come from Essex?
Old 11 Aug 2014, 12:31 (Ref:3443463)   #233
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
As most of us know this business of fathers threatening other fathers in schoolboy events happens right across the sporting spectrum from tiddlywinks to football and probably every type of motorsport.
I remember a couple having a serious punch up on the track at a schoolboy scramble while the race was going on around them, the funny thing was that the two kids that had come together that had caused the "altercation" had both got going and rode round the pair for the next couple of laps !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Aug 2014, 16:30 (Ref:3443497)   #234
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh911 View Post
Interesting point about the stresses Oliver Gavin has to endure,which is why I specifically mentioned historic cars.
Back in the 80s racing similar cars in Imsa to the Vette we had no cool suits or power steering as poorer teams, and I well remember a 3 hour street race in Florida when half the field ended up in the medical centre with heat exhaustion.The only thing that got you to the end of the race was the adrenalin you mentioned, then you simply blacked out.Not fun.
I was close to that after 15 hard minutes at Cadwell (see my video) hence last lap mistake it was just physical exhaustion. I must confess in the next race that unfortunately only lasted under 3 laps because of suspension failure I didnt wear the non mandatory (in UK) underwear and felt a whole lot better. BTW I do get to the gym twice or three times a week and work out hard for an hour.
Old 13 Aug 2014, 07:30 (Ref:3443882)   #235
Normal Bloke
Rookie

Normal Bloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Do we assume the boys names to have been changed? Or do the both come from Essex?
Perhaps it's me but karting sons never seem to be called Michael, David, Peter or Christopher......rather nearly always some sort of AustralioEssex combination like, for instance.....Dyer, Mitch, Dwayne, Tiger, Cam, etc.
Old 13 Aug 2014, 09:19 (Ref:3443919)   #236
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
At last weekend's BRSCC Anglesey meeting a couple of drivers were shown the black & white flag. When Race Control asked for the black & white flag to be displayed to the drivers in question they added: "& make sure all the drivers see it". . . a subtle(ish) way of reminding everybody that driving standards were being taken seriously.