Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 5 Nov 2002, 23:42 (Ref:422610)   #1
ukracing
Racer

ukracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Initiative story?

I have been finally looking through the current Autosport out last thursday, and seen that the Challenge looks to be starting again? Think this will be the same as the Premier and not go ahead? or is it just meaningless press?
Old 6 Nov 2002, 14:08 (Ref:422982)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt it will go ahead, and would be disappointed if it did. It doesn't serve any kind of purpose so why bother?
Old 6 Nov 2002, 16:58 (Ref:423078)   #3
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ukracing (24-03-2002) 18:14 "Well if you have not been reading the news, there is a new series that will change the face of motorsport, and will be there for anyone without a budget and will just be a better motorsport entertainment all round. www.cmotorsport.com - The Challenge Initiative!"

we seem to have been here before don't we.
Old 14 Nov 2002, 12:52 (Ref:428446)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Premier 1 as far as I know is scheduled to start now at the beginning of 2004, the reasons being are to provide a top championship rather than run a championship that has been hurridly put together, thats the offical line anyway. In reality its that they only have 7 teams signed up at the moment and the sponsorship hasnt really gone as well as theyd have liked also with Reynard collapsing it has left them without a chasis supplier.

If Premier 1 grand prix does go ahead i think it will be a good thing unless of course the F3000 cars up majorly uprated by 2004. Premier 1 has 750+bhp and a 4.0ltr Judd V10 engine. Whilst it woudnt be the offical breeding ground for F1 drivers it would give great drivers who cant make it into F1 a place to go or drivers who are retired from F1 or just cant hack it. Drivers like Wilson, Bourdais, Enge and co would do well to be in that championship, i feel sorry for Wilson after not getting a good drive he was forced into Formula Nissan whilst it isnt a bad series its hardly top line.

Premier 1 from what I understand would be attempting to attract up and coming drivers as well as vetrans such as, Zonta, Alesi, Herbert, Salo, and the up and coming drivers such as Wilson and Bourdais anad Enge, hey it could even be a stepping stone to F1 rather than going from F3000 to CART. Ive heard lots of people say things about its going to be rubbish as its got football teams involved, to be honest that part of the idea dont excite me either but look past the fact that its got football clubs invloved and see its another racing category, and it has the poetential (if it ever gets off the ground.) to become a great series.

If anyone wants more information on Premier 1 grand prix here is the link to the offical site. http://www.premier1grandprix.com