Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Oct 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3936585)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Baubles Picture Parade.

I suspect the constant appearance of ancient pictures on the Tea Break can be irritating to those who would rather discuss auctions, etc. so thought I might start this thread where we can pursue our dreams uninterrupted.

I start proceedings with a small selection for the dedicated historian.

Please feel free to add your own pictures …. as long as they are 1950's!!!! No sixties trash please
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0341.jpg (828.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0278.jpg (994.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg _MG_0470.jpg (1.79 MB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0228.jpg (1.37 MB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0374.jpg (1.77 MB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0418.JPG (2.21 MB, 23 views)
Old 24 Oct 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3936634)   #2
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I suspect the constant appearance of ancient pictures on the Tea Break can be irritating to those who would rather discuss auctions, etc. so thought I might start this thread where we can pursue our dreams uninterrupted.

I start proceedings with a small selection for the dedicated historian.

Please feel free to add your own pictures …. as long as they are 1950's!!!! No sixties trash please
Quite the variety there Bob. Cheers. Shapes and sizes that I find most interesting/fascinating.

Good to see some of them still race.

Anything before 1950s?
Old 25 Oct 2019, 09:40 (Ref:3936670)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice one Bob. Since all those cars have run with FISCAR at some point, I know them all, so I exclude myself from this 'competition'. However in response to Willmazz, none of them are pre 1950, and the latest one, surprisingly, is the fourth one (no 20) which I'm pretty certain did not hit the tracks until 1959.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 25 Oct 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3936675)   #4
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Nice one Bob. Since all those cars have run with FISCAR at some point, I know them all, so I exclude myself from this 'competition'. However in response to Willmazz, none of them are pre 1950, and the latest one, surprisingly, is the fourth one (no 20) which I'm pretty certain did not hit the tracks until 1959.
Cheers for extra info.

I was responding in my pre 1950 comment if any picture of a pre 50 car could be included as Bob said only 1950s stuff.
Old 25 Oct 2019, 11:21 (Ref:3936687)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few for EB perhaps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0508.jpg (2.17 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4764.JPG (1.93 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0928.jpg (2.03 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6403.JPG (2.21 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0959.JPG (2.73 MB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5851.JPG (2.50 MB, 12 views)
Old 25 Oct 2019, 13:29 (Ref:3936704)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A few for EB perhaps.
I can see a Connaught A Type.
Old 25 Oct 2019, 15:26 (Ref:3936727)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I can see a Connaught A Type.
The second picture is the car that won the Syracuse Grand Prix in 1955. Tony Brooks driving.
Old 25 Oct 2019, 13:07 (Ref:3936700)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
And there's more;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0509.JPG (2.22 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4737.jpg (1.64 MB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2133.jpg (2.07 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6411.jpg (2.51 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5235.jpg (1.92 MB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 384 (2).jpg (2.53 MB, 16 views)
Old 25 Oct 2019, 17:27 (Ref:3936750)   #9
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do like these challenges!
1st set of pictures, Lister Bristol, Nash Healey, Allard, Bristol Special Wingfield, Connaught & Fairthorpe Electron.

The second set are all Connaughts Atypes, the Syracuse car is a Btype, & the toothpaste tube a C type.

Back later with the last set I hope.
Old 25 Oct 2019, 17:40 (Ref:3936753)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
Be warned I have thousands of pictures, so you might not get much else done for a while;

Not a competition, just for a The last one might be worth a caption tho'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9272.JPG (168.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9273.JPG (174.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9274.JPG (201.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9275.JPG (315.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9278.JPG (310.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9279.JPG (259.7 KB, 44 views)
Old 25 Oct 2019, 18:19 (Ref:3936759)   #11
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lets have a go at the 3rd set of pictures, these seem easier than the 50's sports cars.
Monzanapolis Lister Jaguar, Gordini 23S, Bugatti T73C, Delahaye 135, Keift Climax & Lotus 10.

Looks like the Sadler is in trouble in the last set.
Old 25 Oct 2019, 18:40 (Ref:3936762)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Lets have a go at the 3rd set of pictures, these seem easier than the 50's sports cars.
Monzanapolis Lister Jaguar, Gordini 23S, Bugatti T73C, Delahaye 135, Keift Climax & Lotus 10.

Looks like the Sadler is in trouble in the last set.
Bob, I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures, it will be difficult to catch you out I suspect, but I might cause some head scratching.[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 172.JPG (364.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 790.jpg (390.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 238.JPG (266.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 26 Oct 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3936863)   #13
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I'd thought about posting some of my old pictures on here but now I've seen how pin sharp & well composed baub's are I might not bother!
Having said that, they're mostly so out of focus identifying them could still be a challenge!
Old 27 Oct 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3937088)   #14
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'd thought about posting some of my old pictures on here but now I've seen how pin sharp & well composed baub's are I might not bother!
Having said that, they're mostly so out of focus identifying them could still be a challenge!
A few from yesterday, don't give up Viv.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg birkett (1).jpg (1.09 MB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg birkett (2).jpg (537.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg birkett (3).jpg (562.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg birkett (4).jpg (561.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg birkett (6).jpg (615.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg birkett (7).jpg (781.5 KB, 16 views)
Old 26 Oct 2019, 14:07 (Ref:3936888)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just love the Toothpaste tube Connaught.

Looks like the Sadler has collapsed suspension given the sparks flying but did it happen by itself or was he initially tagged.

Car 174 in the last set looks like a BMW 328 based special which I should know but escapes me for the moment.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 26 Oct 2019, 23:49 (Ref:3936992)   #16
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Just love the Toothpaste tube Connaught.

Looks like the Sadler has collapsed suspension given the sparks flying but did it happen by itself or was he initially tagged.

Car 174 in the last set looks like a BMW 328 based special which I should know but escapes me for the moment.

Pretty sure there was a Dinky Toy version of the toothpaste tube Connaught.

The Sadler looks like it has a rear puncture. A fantastic sequence Bob!
Old 27 Oct 2019, 12:17 (Ref:3937103)   #17
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Pretty sure there was a Dinky Toy version of the toothpaste tube Connaught.

The Sadler looks like it has a rear puncture. A fantastic sequence Bob!
The Dinky Connaught was the Streamliner, a lovely old model/toy.

Yes, a puncture, I complete overlooked the obvious answer - doh!

I'll claim I was pretty close on the BMW special - really interesting link, thanks Bob.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 07:21 (Ref:3937055)   #18
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
The middle picture on tthe last 3 is the Petty Norton, Not sure of the others though.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 07:39 (Ref:3937059)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
Quite right RB, the Petty, the first picture I cannot name off hand myself, I just knew it would have you all scratching heads. I will have to delve in to my old programs.
The middle car is one I have many pictures of as I used to interview the then owner for BBC Three Counties Radio where I did a motor sport slot. I recommend this link, if you want to know chapter and verse, it is most interesting.
https://www.coachbuild.com/2/index.p...ater-1935-1952.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 22:30 (Ref:3937208)   #20
bauble
Veteran

England
Nothing to work on just a few pictures from a VSCC race;2009.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 423.jpg (459.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 428.JPG (273.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 433.JPG (459.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 434.jpg (443.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 476.jpg (566.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 489.jpg (572.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 28 Oct 2019, 21:39 (Ref:3937394)   #21
bauble
Veteran

England
Another hairy moment;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 384.jpg (683.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 385.jpg (722.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 386.jpg (876.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 387.jpg (673.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 388.jpg (698.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 389.jpg (506.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 30 Oct 2019, 09:37 (Ref:3937595)   #22
bauble
Veteran

England
A few brain teaser hear I suspect, I found these while browsing through my picture archives. I claim no knowledge, so don't expect chapter and verse on any answers;

Best of luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9385.JPG (476.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 272.jpg (766.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9428.JPG (408.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3277.JPG (266.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Revival 2007 c 033.JPG (1.06 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 076.jpg (453.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 31 Oct 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3937777)   #23
bauble
Veteran

England
No replies so a few clues;

Two of the marques are better known for their 500cc Formula 3 cars, and both produced GP cars (careful on that one). One is an innovative US make, another has an MG engine. One uses the makers initial in it's name, One I no nothing about apart from a name in a program.

Hope this helps.
Old 29 Oct 2019, 09:57 (Ref:3937449)   #24
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
In the pictures from VSCC 2009 is the 2nd car the Lester MG, and the Green car in the back of picture 5 is the Dick Jacobs MG.
Old 29 Oct 2019, 16:57 (Ref:3937502)   #25
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
and the Green car in the back of picture 5 is the Dick Jacobs MG.
That's a car I didn't know. I only thought of the Midget.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk