Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Feb 2020, 16:17 (Ref:3955499)   #351
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange how differently we all interpret the race, I love the chess game of endurance racing and as has already been said a further curved ball was thrown with the reduction of continuous driving stints from 180 to 150 mins which I thought well thought out. It was interesting to see how teams used this change, Porsche in particular electing for a strict regime of driver changes with just about every fuel stop in complete contradiction to last year. Extended periods of yellows do nothing for me all they do is create an artificial running order, I much prefer a clean green race there are enough imponderable scenarios to keep me interested.
I really though at one stage that we going to see a cinderella recovery from the Bentleys after such a dire start to the weekend but at least they got the deserved win, the sound of those thunderous machines and the Mercs hammering up the mountain is something else but having said that the unfortunate Nissans didn't sound half bad. I thought Whincup's move over Skyline? was pretty questionable; as at Le Mans the quicker cars need to make allowances in a multi class event.
Old 4 Feb 2020, 00:13 (Ref:3955558)   #352
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I was lucky first few years, I remember the Viper, some great class racing and just some amazing driving lapping and putting seconds on rivals with brave moves.

Also, the gent element is a factor, more pros means less mistakes!

I do not watch racing for incident, but the edge of your seat factor was always there when lapping, you never knew what was going to happen, that seemed less of a factor this year.
Old 4 Feb 2020, 02:07 (Ref:3955572)   #353
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post

Other than that, really enjoyed the whole event. Well done also to the team covering the event. Excellent camera work and brilliant informative commentary from Hindy and the team and some really good interviews. If only we could have them added to the European races too!
Watching the super screens at the track I thought the coverage was great.Special praise for Chad Neylon and the Tech Centre which was great tactical analysis and makes the Eurosport Le Mans version(Neil and Tom) look like a joke.
Also Neil Crompton was good which shows what he can do when freed from the job of playing sidekick to the village idiot of the Supercar commentary team.At least we’re know now contact with Skaife’s vocabulary of cliches and bogan humour is not a permanent contagion.

Last edited by Alan52; 4 Feb 2020 at 02:19.
Old 4 Feb 2020, 12:19 (Ref:3955624)   #354
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Supercars TV did a great job of the event.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 03:58 (Ref:3957889)   #355
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recorded the Foxtel broadcast, currently halfway through re-watching it. I missed the start, only commenced watching about 10am iirc, so it was good to watch the missed bit to catch up on what happened early on.

I thought it was a good race. Not necessarily an exciting one, but a good example of the genre - I know I was glued to the screen from the time I started watching. As someone above said, I follow it for the chess game, the strategic game and the undoing of strategy as the dice rolls. Colour me a tragic.

My only regret was that race day was so much cooler than Saturday. With that we could have had a race of attrition, and maybe a GT4 car on the podium ...

Speaking of Foxtel, the 4k broadcast was great. Might even be good enough to renew when my special deal ends in a month or so ... but not at full price.

And a final shoutout to the strategy analysis from the Tech Centre(?), really helped with understanding how the teams were playing the race.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 20:13 (Ref:3958064)   #356
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
1. Don't agree with some comments about the TV production. It was too much "TV production" and not enough race. Too much of that touch screen graphic gimmick junk, too much on board cameras, too many interviews. Coverage was much simpler a couple years ago.

2. I don't think that 1 M4 and 1 AMG Gt4 brought much to the table. I would say lose the GT4 entirely from this point on. Invitational is cool in fact the MARCS should be allowed to be unleased a little more.

3. Great race otherwise other than the crashes. Glad the 2nd half was so clean and we got a legitimate endurance race strategy play out to the checkered flag.

4. SRO in general has way too much qualifying time and gimmicks. We don't need it. Do what IMSA does. Send them out for 15 minutes by class and have a go. In this case you could have 3 groups. 1) GT4/INV 2)GT3 Silver/ProAm 3)GT3 Pro.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 20:39 (Ref:3958067)   #357
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
4. SRO in general has way too much qualifying time and gimmicks. We don't need it. Do what IMSA does. Send them out for 15 minutes by class and have a go. In this case you could have 3 groups. 1) GT4/INV 2)GT3 Silver/ProAm 3)GT3 Pro.
Whats your Problem with it? Just don't watch it