Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 May 2004, 17:47 (Ref:981595)   #1
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets haven't arrived - time to panic?

I ordered my tix on the official website in February and still haven't received them. I'm slightly concerned given the fact I live very overseas! Any thoughts?
Old 24 May 2004, 17:50 (Ref:981599)   #2
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I presume you mean Le Mans?

did you get a confirmation letter that your ticket purchase was being processed?
Old 24 May 2004, 17:53 (Ref:981605)   #3
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
Sorry, yeah, Le Mans. Didn't get a confirmation letter yet.
Old 24 May 2004, 18:08 (Ref:981626)   #4
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Small problem them I think, I'm sure those who have been before will be able to confirm whether all orders are confirmed, I got a leter back the following week, would suggest if in doubt, phone them.
Old 24 May 2004, 18:20 (Ref:981647)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Every year we experienced problems getting tickets from the ACO. Ring them up and they have lost your order or done it wrong. Considering that you can use them for the practice day it is a bit daft. I'm not joking either, every year for the last four or five has created one problem after another.

Eventually we gave up with the club and this year we bought them from an independent company. We now have them no problem and the little extra was worth it for the ease and the peace of mind.
Old 24 May 2004, 18:22 (Ref:981653)   #6
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You can send an e-mail to "ticket@lemans.org" for the attention of Madame Marie-France Pignard or Emilie-Jane Renaudin.
Old 24 May 2004, 18:42 (Ref:981680)   #7
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
Well, just sent an email to "ticket@lemans.org" and also one to "market.web@lemans.org". I also faxed all my info with my rudimentary French. I tried calling too, but it said all lines were busy and I should call back. I got a confirmation email on April 29th saying tix would be mailed within 10 days, but it only listed my parking pass, not the other tickets.

It's all a bit of a mess, I think...

Last edited by neiltbag; 24 May 2004 at 18:42.
Old 24 May 2004, 18:50 (Ref:981695)   #8
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't worry Neiltbag, this adventure happened to me several years ago. Two weeks before the race, I had been told that my tickets were at the ACO office. I took them just before getting in the track enclosure.

You can write your e-mail to ACO in English.
Old 24 May 2004, 19:10 (Ref:981725)   #9
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
Thanks Pascal for the words of encouragement. I'm sure it will be fine.
Old 24 May 2004, 19:34 (Ref:981761)   #10
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I'll say as long as you've received confirmation, there's no real reason to panic
if they mailed them recently, they really should come soon. But I think it must be hard to be 2 weeks before such a long trip and still having no tickets ...
each year, I take my general enclosure at the gate, because I'm sure tickets wouldn't be here for test day.

if you try to phone them, take care of the time differences between you and them... you should try from 11pm PST (= 8am CET) to 9am PST(= 6pm CET)
Old 25 May 2004, 05:08 (Ref:982155)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Tickets haven't arrived - time to panic?

Quote:
Originally posted by neiltbag
I ordered my tix on the official website in February and still haven't received them. I'm slightly concerned given the fact I live very overseas! Any thoughts?
I'll follow Pascal and Bernard : once bitten, twice shy...

I did encountered those problems last years, and don't trust ACO anymore, prefering to get confirmations and tickets at the desk.

I'm particulary concerned by the fact that you did have confirmation only for the parking.

What did you order precisely ?

- parking : OK
- grandstands ? Which one ?
- layby ? Which one ?
Old 25 May 2004, 07:54 (Ref:982249)   #12
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without meaning to sound pesimistic, I think the ACO have had one or two database problems or the like this year. My club 24 renewal came through with someone elses car details on them and when I did rejoin, via the web I was sent someone elses membership card and credit card receipt! However, they were very quick to respond to my email enquiries and did put things right very quickly.
Old 25 May 2004, 08:19 (Ref:982273)   #13
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps I'm unique (ask the wife!) but I've never had a problem with tickets or club membership with the ACO. They have always been very helpful and polite.

FG
Old 25 May 2004, 08:43 (Ref:982294)   #14
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Tickets haven't arrived - time to panic?

Quote:
Did you pay by credit card, it should give you some means of tracing it. Were they just general admission tickets.
Old 25 May 2004, 15:30 (Ref:982665)   #15
Critchetti
Rookie

Critchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 Technopark Le Mans camping tickets for sale

Due to change of plans we have 3 tickets for the Technopark camp site for sale at this years 24 hours. Face value £37.50. Open to sensible and reasonable offers.
Cheers
Andrew

email: andrew@we-are-smiths.co.uk
Old 25 May 2004, 17:15 (Ref:982771)   #16
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
Paid by credit card. I ordered 3 gen admission, 3 tickets for the stands, and a blue parking.

I got a reply today saying they sent the tix on May 10th, but to my mind it shouldn't take 15 days to get from France to the USA...

I'll give it 2 more days then start kciking up a fuss with them.
Old 25 May 2004, 17:34 (Ref:982794)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Face value or below + p&p then....
Old 25 May 2004, 17:41 (Ref:982806)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had problems the one and only time I ordered tickets direct from the ACO. Had to ring them time and time again - I eventually got hold of Mme Fournier and she sorted it for me.
Old 25 May 2004, 18:37 (Ref:982847)   #19
Critchetti
Rookie

Critchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aysedasi
Havn't been back to check replies for a few days so just picked up on responses. To put the record straight this is a genuine sale not an attempt at profiteering. We bought these tickets direct from the ACO as we couldn't get into our favourite and regular haunt of Houx, we are creatures of a longstanding habit. Technopark seemed a better option than Beausejour. Cut a long story short we managed to get tickets for Houx last week. So happy to move these on at face value. If this is a genuine offer ar face value then you've got a deal. Special recorded delivery will be £3.75 to a UK address which i'll throw in. PM me your contact details and we can conclude the deal. The offer of a cold one or two from our cellar over the weekend stands. Cheers.
Andrew
Old 25 May 2004, 19:34 (Ref:982916)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sorry to sound cynical Andrew, but this time of year we get profiteers on the board and we have to stamp it out. I feel sure someone will take you up on your offer (probably before the night is out). And well done on getting your favourite spot!
Old 26 May 2004, 02:01 (Ref:983310)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently they don't understand how long the mail takes to get to North America. I have always had that problem with them -- once I got my tickets the day before we left!

Now of course I go as media, which is a panic of a totally different kind.
Old 26 May 2004, 09:05 (Ref:983552)   #22
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Used them for the first time this year just for Grandstand tickets, got them 2 weeks ago no problem and NO SURCHARGE
Old 26 May 2004, 11:07 (Ref:983697)   #23
chris24
Rookie

chris24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My tickets were also posted out to me on the 10th May and they arrived on the 24th May (France to England) so I would expect at least a cfew days extra for them to reach you in the States. Hope this helps. But lets face it they should be sent out prior to the test weekend if booked before then, as it is included in the ticket admission.
Old 26 May 2004, 14:31 (Ref:983935)   #24
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Paid by credit card. I ordered 3 gen admission, 3 tickets for the stands, and a blue parking.

I got a reply today saying they sent the tix on May 10th, but to my mind it shouldn't take 15 days to get from France to the USA...

I'll give it 2 more days then start kciking up a fuss with them.
OK, if they say they did, they did.

But the mail is slow between the continents (I experimented it with Paul)... be patient now, you'll have your tickets on time IMHO...
Old 26 May 2004, 15:57 (Ref:984047)   #25
Chateaux
Rookie

Chateaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Tickets

This will be my 30th Le Mans and am still young! but this is the 1st time I have ever been so late receiving tickets. Has anybody had any experience of going to the race before their tickets have arrived and if so how did they get in.