Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Jun 2011, 10:47 (Ref:2890451)   #26
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
fomoco, generally i agree with your coments that you have made

but even though its just a humerous addition, i really believe we dont see the V8 Supercars Entertainment Interceptor very often any more, i agree that we used too, but in the last couple of years those days are getting rare, and if we do see them it is usually towards the start of the race when its not there for entertainment but for safety. I think they have moved things around enough now that we actually end up with entertaining racing without the artificial means
just a bit of journolistic licence, but do agree with you.

Always leave them on a happy note.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 05:15 (Ref:2894035)   #27
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Just programming my Foxtel, and I noticed that on the Sat of Darwin there is coverage on Ch7, but come Sunday there is no LIVE coverage on Ch7 in Sydney????

Sunday Darwin race is on dely, on at 10.40pm on Sunday, cause of the ping pong
Thanks TC that is what u call getting the coverage to the fans.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 9 Jun 2011, 06:51 (Ref:2894057)   #28
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/ticket...1/default.aspx

it will be on Mate, with a replay at 10.40 pm. (as it is in all states allowing for time zones)
Old 9 Jun 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2894210)   #29
Wazzi
Rookie

Australia
Bilpin NSW
Wazzi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes but not everyone can get Mate, where i live the digital signal is hopeless, dropping out constantly and quite often unwatchable. there fore i miss out. Not happy
Old 9 Jun 2011, 11:53 (Ref:2894239)   #30
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
sounds like you need a new antenna or even a booster. the booster you can do yourself
Old 10 Jun 2011, 01:31 (Ref:2894865)   #31
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzi View Post
Yes but not everyone can get Mate, where i live the digital signal is hopeless, dropping out constantly and quite often unwatchable. there fore i miss out. Not happy
Hence my comments about the coverage, Sydney is the most populated state and VE$A are trying to break into the market here, and TC & Ch7 treat us like this.

I feel sorry for the other states that have missed out over the years due to a stupid game of ping pong.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 07:28 (Ref:2894915)   #32
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
psst dont let the people in sydney know, but V8S are already in Sydney, that dont need to break into the market

and how have they treated you, they put the race on for you, its on Mate, otherwise you would have missed out.

Most people even in a place as backwards as sydney have digital tv now, if not they should prepare

I think it might be time to take a teaspoon full of cement...
Old 10 Jun 2011, 08:47 (Ref:2894959)   #33
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
Quote:
psst dont let the people in sydney know, but V8S are already in Sydney, that dont need to break into the market

and how have they treated you, they put the race on for you, its on Mate, otherwise you would have missed out.

Most people even in a place as backwards as sydney have digital tv now, if not they should prepare

I think it might be time to take a teaspoon full of cement...
pecstar, mate I will be in Darwin, but my complaint is that TC comes out two weeks ago saying better TV coverage for the next to rounds, and then Ch7 dish this up all cause of a game of boring ping pong
Old 10 Jun 2011, 09:24 (Ref:2894979)   #34
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
then you only read half what TC said. he said it will be on Mate.

I dont get why that is a problem, this is the new millenium, we have more channels. a big chunk of the viewing public no longer have analog tv anyway

more than 3/4 of us have access to Mate and one would argue that the people who dont are not really the market anyway (as a generalisation)
Old 11 Jun 2011, 22:30 (Ref:2896167)   #35
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Most people will be unable to record it also, "Mate" is high definition and most people don't have HD recording capacity.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 22:52 (Ref:2896193)   #36
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
so bluesport, let me get this right, people wont be able to record it to watch it later, so they put it on channel 7 at 10.30ish for them to watch later. (and even record if they want)

I fail to see the issue.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 00:37 (Ref:2896307)   #37
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
so bluesport, let me get this right, people wont be able to record it to watch it later, so they put it on channel 7 at 10.30ish for them to watch later. (and even record if they want)

I fail to see the issue.
No big deal.......the only issue is that for those that can't watch it live, by 10:30pm most people will already know the result, so why bother at all? Most of NSW can't stand watching AFL, why it is forced upon us is a mystery.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 02:06 (Ref:2896345)   #38
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might have to pack a jumper southerners, only getting to 26 on Monday.

The locals will be flocking to Casuarina to stock up on flannelette pyjamas, ugg boots, beanies etc.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 11:54 (Ref:2896959)   #39
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
No big deal.......the only issue is that for those that can't watch it live, by 10:30pm most people will already know the result, so why bother at all? Most of NSW can't stand watching AFL, why it is forced upon us is a mystery.
are you serious, or just looking for a reason to have a moan,

more people watch AFL in sydney that watch the v8s, sorry thats just the ways things are, get used to it because the aFL will be taking over next year.

if they dont want to watch the AFL they can switch over to Mate and watch the v8s. if they dont have a digital recorder they can wait until 10.30 and do what people have done since VCR were invented, not go online and look at the news or they can go and spend $30 and get a set top box from Aldi or dick smith and stick it in between the antennae and the VCR and move into the 21st century

i fear for Australia if all Sydney siders whine so much
Old 12 Jun 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2897600)   #40
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
are you serious, or just looking for a reason to have a moan,

more people watch AFL in sydney that watch the v8s, sorry thats just the ways things are, get used to it because the aFL will be taking over next year.

if they dont want to watch the AFL they can switch over to Mate and watch the v8s. if they dont have a digital recorder they can wait until 10.30 and do what people have done since VCR were invented, not go online and look at the news or they can go and spend $30 and get a set top box from Aldi or dick smith and stick it in between the antennae and the VCR and move into the 21st century

i fear for Australia if all Sydney siders whine so much
As I said, no big deal.........If so many watch AFL I wonder why I haven't met any?.........and you seem to do a pretty good rendition of whinging on hear yourself.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 00:23 (Ref:2897665)   #41
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Might have to pack a jumper southerners, only getting to 26 on Monday.

The locals will be flocking to Casuarina to stock up on flannelette pyjamas, ugg boots, beanies etc.

Don't mock us Kingair, 13.3 at 7am this morning is bloody freezing.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 00:24 (Ref:2897666)   #42
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
As I said, no big deal.........If so many watch AFL I wonder why I haven't met any?.........and you seem to do a pretty good rendition of whinging on hear yourself.
Come to Darwin and meet me. Or next time I go to a southern round I will say hello.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 01:30 (Ref:2897700)   #43
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Come to Darwin and meet me. Or next time I go to a southern round I will say hello.
Lol.......You're a friendly fellow, but pecky and I were discussing the issue in the context of Sydney.........as you well know.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 12:45 (Ref:2898027)   #44
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Colder than a mother-in-laws kiss on Christmas Day.

Hope it warms up later in the week for the V8's.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 19:45 (Ref:2899037)   #45
platinum motors
Rookie

Australia
Perth, WA
platinum motors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the people that don't get 7mate meant to do ?
Old 14 Jun 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2899103)   #46
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Watch it at 10.30

go and buy a $30 set top box and move into the new milenium
Old 15 Jun 2011, 03:07 (Ref:2899186)   #47
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
As a matter of curiosity and a genuine question as I don't know. Do country viewers get all the digital channels or is it only the major population centres?
Old 15 Jun 2011, 04:00 (Ref:2899189)   #48
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
go and buy a $30 set top box and move into the new milenium
Increased power consumption, more CO2 into the atmosphere........it could be the end of the world!!!
Old 15 Jun 2011, 04:39 (Ref:2899195)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Increased power consumption, more CO2 into the atmosphere........it could be the end of the world!!!
Aunty Julia is handing them out for free all over the place...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Jun 2011, 05:19 (Ref:2899201)   #50
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Aunty Julia is handing them out for free all over the place...
The world is teetering on the brink, just ask Bob Brown........what Julia is doing with those set top boxes could push us over the edge!!!