Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Oct 2003, 04:58 (Ref:756542)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans Classic 2004

Dear friends of the Historic Racing forum,

I just wanted to mention that theLe Mans Classic 2004 is now on line...

See you there !

Fab
Sportscars Forum

Last edited by Fab; 20 Oct 2003 at 04:58.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 05:44 (Ref:756566)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I can't edit my previous post, but I wanted to noticed this :
- 366 competing cars...
- six grids (instead of 5 last year) :
Grid 1, cars from 1923 to 1939
Grid 2, cars from 1949 to 1956
Grid 3, cars from 1957 to 1961
Grid 4, cars from 1962 to 1965
Grid 5, cars from 1966 to 1971
Grid 5, cars from 1972 to 1978

Nice, isn't it ?
Old 20 Oct 2003, 07:45 (Ref:756631)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can hardly wait!

It was one of the truly wonderful events of my life. Certainly I can die happy in the knowledge that I have seen a Porsche 917 at full chat on the Mulsanne at night.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 09:43 (Ref:756722)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Should be some fantastic cars then!

Any plans to re route around the old maison blanche? You know what with it being historic and all that! Original cars....original track??
Old 20 Oct 2003, 09:49 (Ref:756726)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly not Paul, they will run round the new track, the only thing I have to say on this matter is why is it only 6 weeks after the main event in June...........
Old 20 Oct 2003, 09:58 (Ref:756735)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Just to precise what Rob means by new track : with Hunaudières chicanes and new Dunlop esses. But they're running on the great one, not on the Bugatti, it's not so bad !

And they planned the event in July, because the night is much shorter than in September...

Tim, let's hope that the 917 come back in 2004 ; but it was a short show in 2002 !

Did you see ? 'till 78 ! Could we have the Renault/Porsche fight again ? Oh boy !

Last edited by Fab; 20 Oct 2003 at 09:59.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 11:11 (Ref:756816)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know! Porsche 936, Gulf GR7, Alpine Renault A442.... that would be fantastic to watch. Hopefully someone somewhere can prepare a Matra MS650 as well. I've seen and been deafened by them at Silverstone but Le Mans would be something else.

I agree about the date. June/July is going to be veeery expensive with the two Le Mans meetings and the Grand Prix as well. But it's got to be done. There's just no way I'd miss the Le Mans Classic.

The September date was nice though...
Old 20 Oct 2003, 11:33 (Ref:756842)   #8
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are there any 936's or Alpines in private hands?
I think July is to soon after the 24hr proper, but i understand the reason for it's move, having said that I could be tempeted to miss the June event for the classic.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 16:23 (Ref:757185)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
I could be tempeted to miss the June event for the classic.
But Le Mans is Le Mans - just checked the old calander it looks like a choice between Le Mans or Knockhill for the BTCC that weekend........
Old 20 Oct 2003, 18:25 (Ref:757295)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really really want to be there, but it's much too close to the 24 Hours. 'm going to have to earn an awful lot of Brownie points to get to both.....
Old 20 Oct 2003, 18:26 (Ref:757296)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
But Le Mans is Le Mans - just checked the old calander it looks like a choice between Le Mans or Knockhill for the BTCC that weekend........

That's a choice?
Old 20 Oct 2003, 20:19 (Ref:757431)   #12
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
glyn parham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fab.
Any ideas what happened to the Matras that formed part of the companies museum? My friend Dominique Pinaud was one of the people who looked after the cars in their spare time when he worked for Matra. He lived in Orleans as well, perhaps you know him?
Glyn
Old 20 Oct 2003, 22:32 (Ref:757555)   #13
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
So you'll be heading South then?
Old 21 Oct 2003, 09:05 (Ref:757999)   #14
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure I read somewhere that Rahal's 917 is for sale in the UK so if anyone has a couple of million quid to spare I'm sure the Peter's would guarantee you an entry...

Alternatively if anyone has a car but needs a funded driving partner I'm available.....

Last edited by josvandeperre; 21 Oct 2003 at 09:06.
Old 21 Oct 2003, 11:15 (Ref:758121)   #15
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know where you can find the lap times for either the classic in 2002 or the classic support races in 2001 or 2003?
Old 21 Oct 2003, 11:57 (Ref:758169)   #16
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maisonblanche.co.uk would usually have this but the Classic area is down currently - I guess you could email the site's owner if desperate ?
Old 21 Oct 2003, 13:36 (Ref:758286)   #17
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
I'm sure I read somewhere that Rahal's 917 is for sale in the UK so if anyone has a couple of million quid to spare I'm sure the Peter's would guarantee you an entry...
Umm, I'm a bit short on cash at the moment!

Seriously, I do hope it is bought by someone who:
a) Wants to RACE it;
b) Has the money to race it;
c) Most importantly, has the talent to race it at the front (or knows somenone who can!)

I guess it's a long way off, but when do you think we will get provisional entry lists?
Old 22 Oct 2003, 09:03 (Ref:759184)   #18
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by glyn parham
Fab.
Any ideas what happened to the Matras that formed part of the companies museum? My friend Dominique Pinaud was one of the people who looked after the cars in their spare time when he worked for Matra. He lived in Orleans as well, perhaps you know him?
Glyn
No, I don't know Dominique Pinaud, despite the fact as was born and raise in Orléans... my mother used to go to Le Mans in the fifties with a pilot who, later, was the driver of the pace car...

I've a guy around my actual house who is refurbishing a Tecma (Le Mans 1975)...

I don't know what became of the Matras... but there was one at the Blue Days (Journées bleues) in LM in september... and there's another one doing the Tour de France too...

We could have one at Classic as well !

Last edited by Fab; 22 Oct 2003 at 09:12.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 09:09 (Ref:759192)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Does anyone know where you can find the lap times for either the classic in 2002 or the classic support races in 2001 or 2003?
Check your pms...
Old 22 Oct 2003, 09:51 (Ref:759226)   #20
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
eclectic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My entry is in, no confirmation yet, Class 1 Bugatti T44...

Steve McQueen.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 18:07 (Ref:759822)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Huh, Nordic, just say to me if you get the thing, my computer is working bad, and I'm afraid some messages are not sent as usual...
Old 23 Oct 2003, 09:42 (Ref:760430)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
And another Shtupid Mishtake for me : I sent to you the 2003 support race results, not the 2002 Claissc race result, that I have not...
Old 23 Oct 2003, 09:51 (Ref:760441)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I really really want to be there, but it's much too close to the 24 Hours. 'm going to have to earn an awful lot of Brownie points to get to both.....
Seriously, will you have the nerve to miss this ?
Old 26 Oct 2003, 08:33 (Ref:763363)   #24
Alain HACHE
Rookie

Alain HACHE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some Matra are in Romorantin museum (50kms south Orleans)
The 670 car LM 72 winner is in this place but I heard that its not the right chassis .
I am living in Orleans but dont know D Pineau .