Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 11 May 2015, 13:12 (Ref:3536434)   #1
ClintonRX
Rookie

England
Nr Ashford
ClintonRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lessay France this weekend

I'm off to Lessay this weekend. Anyone here been before? If so, any chance of any useful advice for a 1st timer? Thanks.
Old 11 May 2015, 20:11 (Ref:3536549)   #2
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonRX View Post
I'm off to Lessay this weekend. Anyone here been before? If so, any chance of any useful advice for a 1st timer? Thanks.
If your camping don't expect much sleep. Great circuit, holds the sound in.
Old 11 May 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3536558)   #3
ClintonRX
Rookie

England
Nr Ashford
We are camping, but about 5 miles north of Lessay, so hopefully should get a peaceful night. Only going Sunday. WW2 beaches etc are on the agenda for Saturday & Monday.
Old 13 May 2015, 02:27 (Ref:3536929)   #4
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do they allow camping (tents) a Lessay. I thought about going the First year the track was on the French Calendar, and remember seeing an announcement that it was camper vans only. But don't know of that applied to subsequent events.

Would be interested on hearing how you get on, what spectator viewing and what the racing is like,
Old 13 May 2015, 09:37 (Ref:3537006)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Knapick has quit driving?
Old 15 May 2015, 12:01 (Ref:3537698)   #6
ClintonRX
Rookie

England
Nr Ashford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
Do they allow camping (tents) a Lessay. I thought about going the First year the track was on the French Calendar, and remember seeing an announcement that it was camper vans only. But don't know of that applied to subsequent events.

Would be interested on hearing how you get on, what spectator viewing and what the racing is like,
Hi Stephen. I never actually made an enquiry at the circuit itself ref camping. Found a pre-erected tent with kitchen facility at a site 5 miles to the north, so that will do myself & my friend. Saves having to sort out a wet (hopefully not) tent on our return. I will let you know how things go.
Old 18 May 2015, 19:10 (Ref:3539071)   #7
ClintonRX
Rookie

England
Nr Ashford
Just back from a very enjoyable (and dry) weekend in Normandy. Found Lessay to be a track which is relatively compact & flat (not much height variation), but excellent for viewing. There is a 3m or so high bund around the majority of the circuit from which you can see all the track at various locations & only a low fence, so no issues for the photographers amongst us. However, the racing was very processional. Whoever came out of the first bend after the start straight in the lead invariably won, unless they were pipped at the exit of the joker bend which was only about 150yds from the finish line. Throughout the semi-finals & finals (15 races) I counted 1 overtaking incident and that involved contact & both cars only just managing to keep going in the right direction. Nice friendly circuit, but probably wouldn't return in the future, because of the lack of excitement.
Did have a nice ending to the day though. With the whole car park trying to get through one gate and then through another gate into a never ending queue of motorhomes, before both modes of transport exited one final gate onto the road, I decided to wander back into the paddock & watch the world go by as the workshops, etc were dismantled, only to be invited by Catherine Chartrain (Twingo series driver) & her husband Laurent (SS1660 driver & champion 3 & 9 years ago) to eat with them and the rest of their family & team. I must look undernourished! Lovely touch of French hospitality. They even gave me a team t-shirt! Hope those who went to Mettet enjoyed it.