Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Would you like to see Ferrari domination or a Battling Ferrari
I would like to see Ferrari dominate races like they did this year 3 7.89%
I would like to see Ferrari win some races, but have to battle for them 19 50.00%
I would like to see other teams win, and Ferrari battling to win 7 18.42%
I would like to see Ferrari not win a single race next year 9 23.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Nov 2002, 22:45 (Ref:432645)   #1
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Would you prefer to view Ferrari domination or a Battling Ferrari?

This poll is intended for all viewers, and Tifosi in particular. The question is whether you would prefer to see Ferrari dominate racing in future like they did this year or whether you would prefer to see Ferrari battling for every race, even if it means Ferrari losing many of the races, and maybe even another team winning the championship.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 19 Nov 2002 at 22:51.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 22:57 (Ref:432654)   #2
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Before I vote, could explain the difference between options 1 and 2? It seems to me that they are exactly the same thing, if there is a difference I would like to know since it will be one of those that I choose.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 23:11 (Ref:432666)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't vote....

I'd like to see each car battling each other car as if teams didn't exist. They do it in almost every other open-wheel series in the world, so why can't they do it in F1? If two Ferrari's happen to finish 1-2, then good for them, but they have had to fight each other for their positions.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 19 Nov 2002, 23:24 (Ref:432678)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Sorry Valve, I think it's a stupid question. Your asking racing fans do they want to see racing. Well duh!

Anyone you ticks number one, is just a silly Ferrari fan, not a race fan.

Anyone you ticks number 4, is just anti-Ferrari.

And numbers 2 & 3 are just personal preferences depending on who you support.

New option : I want to see some classic racing where despite a massive challenge from the opposition, the best car/driver conbination became champion. Whoever it is.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 23:29 (Ref:432683)   #5
dragon x
Rookie

dragon x should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's good of course to see some racing within the Ferrari team but this WILL NEVER happen. It hasn't been before and it won't be.
As early as the 50s and 60s Ferrari used the "Hold station" sign to set the outcome of the race. I can't recollect a single race when the Ferraris fought each other bar one (U know which one - in 1982). If somebody knows such a race please tell me.
As a Schumacher and Ferrari fan I think that racing will come only if the other teams manage to catch up. There'll be some when Schumacher retires in 2004 that's for sure.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 23:52 (Ref:432708)   #6
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted #2. It's always nice to see a few Ferrari wins. But not all races!!!
Old 20 Nov 2002, 01:33 (Ref:432750)   #7
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hahahaha I hope Michael finishes dead last in all races next year!! 0 wins for Ferrari!! (yeah that'll happen)
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 01:54 (Ref:432754)   #8
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted option 1. I admit, I'm a tifoso, but Wrex... really! Of course the answers will reflect fan's preferences. 1 - tifosi, 3 - other team's fans and 4 anti-Ferrari. Actually the most pointless answer would be no. 2. Why would you want that?

'Racing' can have many forms. Of course a field of 11 teams of equal value would be great, but if one team wins every race in a season, by a large margin, is racing no less.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 02:11 (Ref:432761)   #9
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

Anyone you ticks number one, is just a silly Ferrari fan, not a race fan.
I ticked number one, so what if you want to call me a silly Ferrari fan?

Anything wrong with us enjoying the great moments everytime Ferrari win races this season? If Ferrari dominates again, don't blame them...but blame the other teams for not being at the same level as they are.

A true Ferrari fan would love to see them dominate and an alledged Ferrari fan would tick number 2/3...simply as that
Old 20 Nov 2002, 03:16 (Ref:432780)   #10
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Option 3. The true genius of Schumacher can only be seen in an inferior car. Nobody in the history of F1(in my opinion) is better at making a **** car look good.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 04:31 (Ref:432808)   #11
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted no.2. The racing this year was not really that interesting as Ferrari have such a technical advantage, plus Schumacher and team orders in play. The best years were the mid '80s with Lauda, Prost, Piquet, Mansell, Senna, Rosberg and Berger all battling n top teams. Now it's Ferrari vs maybe a Mclaren and the WIlliams' sometimes.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 20 Nov 2002, 04:40 (Ref:432813)   #12
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Dutton
Before I vote, could explain the difference between options 1 and 2? It seems to me that they are exactly the same thing, if there is a difference I would like to know since it will be one of those that I choose.
The 2002 season was option 1. Years 1997 to 2000 were option 2. Year 1996 was option 3. I am sure there have been years in the past when Ferrari were struggling to win any races - that's option 4.
I voted for option 3, as I thought it would be a boost for F1 if other teams won more races than Ferrari, although I nearly voted for option 2. I hope this clarifies this poll. If anyone doesn't want to vote for this poll, that's OK, it's no big deal. We don't have mods here who will hold a gun to your head and shoot if you don't vote 1. This is not Mugabe Land
Old 20 Nov 2002, 04:47 (Ref:432814)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Sorry Wrex, this poll is about Ferrari. I have posted twice before, and I post once more. If you go and ask any schmuck in the street who knows nothing about motor racing, what he thought of Ferrari, and he would immediately answer: fast red racing cars.
Ask the same guy about Williams, Arrows or Sauber, and he would probably ask you if you are talking about ovens, microwaves, or dishwashers.
If you want to know who wants to watch close racing and who doesn't, then you will have to post your own poll.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 06:12 (Ref:432843)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
3 - other team's fans
Surely No 4 would be other teams fans also? I voted 3 because i want to see drivers from Ferrari, Williams and McLaren win races, and if either of my favourite drivers (with a chance of the WDC), Juan Pablo and Kimi win it then it will be against a Ferrari that was also capable of winning it, a worthy victory as it was a level playing field. Whats the satisfaction in winning a WDC when the opponents didn't have the machineary to give them a chance?

p.s.... this isn't an attack on Michael who has effectively won against opposition who didn't have a chance due to machineary, i'm merely saying that i would rather "my drivers" win it against Michael in a race winning car.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 07:24 (Ref:432871)   #15
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
We don't have mods here who will hold a gun to your head and shoot if you don't vote 1.
Yes we do......

*click*

Last edited by Wrex; 20 Nov 2002 at 07:24.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 08:49 (Ref:432938)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
I thought EERO gave it away!! :confused:
Old 20 Nov 2002, 20:15 (Ref:433465)   #17
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dragon x
I can't recollect a single race when the Ferraris fought each other bar one (U know which one - in 1982).

They weren't fighting each other in Imola 1982 either were they? As far as I know, they were running in formation for the whole race, ala Austria 2002. The only reason they were swapping the lead was because Didier Pironi was ****ing about with a misguided Gilles Villeneuve. I could be wrong. Anyone that has seen the race will know if I am or not.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 22:03 (Ref:433540)   #18
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Anyone you ticks number 4, is just anti-Ferrari.
Well, I've ticked number 4. I didn't use to be an anti-Ferrari, but TGF made me one. As long as he is there, I don't want to see them winning again. We had enough of that this season.

And Red, why is option 2 the most pointless answer? Surely for a racing fan, Ferrari having to battle for the wins is better than seeing them race off into the distance?! Anyway, option 2 is so far the one with the highest number of votes.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 22:27 (Ref:433565)   #19
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi all - I 'think' this is my first posting, tried last week but failed.

I voted No. 1 because I've waited years for Ferrari/Schumacher to dominate and am thoroughly enjoying watching Dennis the Menace squirm. I will do so again next year.

I don't have a problem with being a member of the Tifosi - in fact I enjoy it.

I love F1 first and Ferrari second - I also have much admiration for other teams and their drivers, that keep the world of F1 going, good bad or indifferent.

I love 'wheel to wheel' racing but do not suffer fools, or dangerous drivers, gladly.

I await the 'sparks'

Old 20 Nov 2002, 22:39 (Ref:433577)   #20
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, Pitstop, welcome to 10 Tenths!

As you can see from the posts, we're not all Ferrari fans , but we do enjoy each other's points of view, even when we don't agree. Have fun posting!
Old 20 Nov 2002, 22:52 (Ref:433589)   #21
R
Veteran

Yoong Montoya, the Villeneuve/Pironi incident happened before my time, but from what I understand, Gilles was positive they had an agreement that the driver who led would win the race, and he was completely unprepared for an attack from Pironi, who passed him and "won" the race. Had he been aware that Pironi would make a move, he would probably have defended well and he would have been the winner of that race.

After the race, AFAIK, Gilles had no reservations with calling Pironi a cheater. And Jacques utterly refused to wear Pironi's number in skiing competitions from that point on.

Last edited by R; 20 Nov 2002 at 22:56.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 23:56 (Ref:433627)   #22
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
This is very interesting. This poll does show the depth of Ferrari supporters in option 2, who would like to see Ferrari battle it out and beat the opposition. I must admit that if any other driver was driving for Ferrari other than SchM, I would have chosen option 2 myself, being and unabashed Ferrari suppporter from the days when I first started reading about racing cars, many decades ago.
Old 21 Nov 2002, 06:02 (Ref:433726)   #23
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Ferrari win *some* races (option 2), then they don't win them all, therefore other teams win races too (option 3), so aren't option 2 and 3 the same? Anyway I want to see Ferrari wins, but others too, so I voted 2.
Old 21 Nov 2002, 11:20 (Ref:433867)   #24
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Option 3 sees Ferrari battling to win, and they win very few races. Sorry for not making this clearer.
Old 21 Nov 2002, 11:30 (Ref:433878)   #25
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see Ferrari win races, just not that German guy called Schumacher. If Barrichello won 10 races, I would be very happy. Would prove that sometimes nice guys do finish first.

Option 1 is certainly out for me.

Option 2 would be fine to an extent, while Option 3 is basically the same, but obviously Ferrari winning less.

Option 4, I believe, would cause flagging interest. People are now used to seeing Ferrari win races.