Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jun 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3907529)   #726
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I forgot to say, I got a little bit giddy when She Sells Sanctuary came on.
Nah, can't say I know that one........

Old 2 Jun 2019, 18:08 (Ref:3907556)   #727
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
They played that on radio 2 the other day
Old 2 Jun 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3907559)   #728
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ken Bruce? 3 in 10 The Cult?

Radio 6 mentioned it was played at Le Mans after I told them!
Old 8 Jun 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3908679)   #729
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
When are RLM starting to broadcast this year?
Old 9 Jun 2019, 02:01 (Ref:3908694)   #730
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
When are RLM starting to broadcast this year?
Woulda' thunk there would be a schedule, or at least a link to one, on the RLM home page. Not to be. Unbelievable.

jimclark
Old 9 Jun 2019, 04:49 (Ref:3908712)   #731
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe they will be covering the event. They will go, set up and broadcast. Beyond that it ain’t important. I see no outrage in the lack of schedule. I’m not against them having a schedule and, to GT6’s point, it would be nice to know, but not. Unbelievable. Not least because this the king of thing that happens every year.

The preview pods pop up and you listen. The live stuff happens when there is stuff happening. So the event timetable is a good indication.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3908725)   #732
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just turn the radio on as and when and as if by magic, they will appear.....
Old 9 Jun 2019, 07:01 (Ref:3908727)   #733
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not much help Andrew, but i am sure they will be on air when we arrive
Old 9 Jun 2019, 07:40 (Ref:3908737)   #734
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Aren't they on air 24/7/365? Just playing pre-recorded stuff.

Looking on their website they have a couple of programmes for the weekend scrutineering but I doubt that is live, first live content is midday Wednesday by the looks of it.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 08:17 (Ref:3908738)   #735
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
ok so recorded stuff on Tuesday, always try to tune radio as i approach in the car
Old 9 Jun 2019, 08:40 (Ref:3908742)   #736
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ok so recorded stuff on Tuesday, always try to tune radio as i approach in the car
Mine has Radio Le Mans permanently stored on it!
Old 9 Jun 2019, 10:49 (Ref:3908760)   #737
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
As you approach le mans the first big poster, usually at rouen and the first time the radio picks up RLM are always a big moment
Old 9 Jun 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3908769)   #738
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Woulda' thunk there would be a schedule, or at least a link to one, on the RLM home page. Not to be. Unbelievable.
Er, there is one. Not entirely sure how you can miss it. It's in the same place it's been for the last four or five years.

There are also links for you to import to/sync with Google, Apple or Outlook calendars - That means you can set alerts and reminders to programmes on your phone or computer and any schedule changes update automatically.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3908770)   #739
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I remember downloading the previews and burning them to CD if we set off after they’d been broadcast. I have vague recollections of recording them one year (perhaps there was a steam, but it took a bit of time to upload?). Now my phone just downloads it when available!

During all this the car stereo needed upgrading to cope with all this. First it needed FM putting in, then also CD, then someday if talking to an MP3 player or my phone.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3908814)   #740
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I believe they will be covering the event. They will go, set up and broadcast. Beyond that it ain’t important. I see no outrage in the lack of schedule. I’m not against them having a schedule and, to GT6’s point, it would be nice to know, but not. Unbelievable. Not least because this the king of thing that happens every year.

The preview pods pop up and you listen. The live stuff happens when there is stuff happening. So the event timetable is a good indication.
'No outrage intended. I enjoy RLM immensely. Surprise is the word. I find it very unusual for an enterprise to not promote it's own product (sale of spots on the broadcast). The more ears listening, the better "sales" can be achieved.

jimclark
Old 11 Jun 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3909308)   #741
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it still 91.2 MHz ?
Old 11 Jun 2019, 09:48 (Ref:3909325)   #742
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Is it still 91.2 MHz ?
Yes
Old 11 Jun 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3909442)   #743
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Is it still 91.2 MHz ?
Oui!
Old 12 Jun 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3909539)   #744
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Studiocam is now up and running.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 03:12 (Ref:3909733)   #745
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I wait to be shot down as I’m told they are fine, but I wish they’d sort the levels out. The sponsorship shouts aren’t quite as bad as normal, but the difference between the mics needs sorting. Still, I guess it was a practice session I was listening to.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 10:16 (Ref:3909759)   #746
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm sorry but Shea is so irritating in the commentary box. It's a bloody wing!!!!!!
Old 13 Jun 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3909783)   #747
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm sorry but Shea is so irritating in the commentary box. It's a bloody wing!!!!!!
Yes, when she commentates on any of the IMSA events i switch off. Good pit reporter though, thats for sure.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 14:59 (Ref:3909812)   #748
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I feel the need to de-FENDER here, she's great in pit lane !
Old 14 Jun 2019, 08:13 (Ref:3910019)   #749
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
For me, her total enthusiasm more than makes up for her Americanisms. They're hardly unexpected, surely?
Old 14 Jun 2019, 08:19 (Ref:3910023)   #750
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Yes, when she commentates on any of the IMSA events i switch off. Good pit reporter though, thats for sure.
Definitely. I just wish she'd stay in the pits. Anyone know why Joe B wasn't in the pits yesterday?