Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Oct 2019, 01:02 (Ref:3931816)   #201
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
It's weird that the article or Jos says max is frustrated. He has seemed to me to be much more at ease, calm and mature this year than ever before.

And when you think about the fact that Mercedes has been a single team for years, developed their package for years, same as ferrari, where Honda just joined with red bull this year, I'd say the progress made based been great. It would be unrealistic to expect them to be competing for titles this year. And they have been getting closer and closer as the year has gone on. Obviously they still have some catching up to do, but up till the last cour races, I would have said they were ahead of ferrari already. And they're doing it with one championship caliber driver, rather than two like the other two big teams have. Maybe albon will get there next year, but he isn't there yet, nor was gasly.

Maybe from anyone else, this would be ok, as a way of using leverage to get things moving, but jos is such a slimy character that I would rather he just stay out of it.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 08:03 (Ref:3931862)   #202
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Max has hardly made a mistake all season and pushed the car to it's maximum, getting some great results out of it. His shot at the title will come
Old 4 Oct 2019, 08:49 (Ref:3931865)   #203
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It makes you wonder how much better they would be doing if Newey was still as involved as he was before
He still is

Old 4 Oct 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3931886)   #204
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
for me this sort of touches on some of the larger problems with F1.

while Max is still young he has been in F1 for 5 seasons now and with his obvious talent level it is, imo, a failing of the sport that such a driver has not yet been able to legitimately compete for a title...for many reasons expressed in many different threads here, there are not enough competitive rides out vis a vis the number of talented drivers currently on the grid.

so i can understand a father's frustration and perhaps this is a good tool to take advantage of....i cant help but think about the timing of the comments.

maybe tacitly on behalf of RB, Jos can apply some justifiable public pressure to Honda before the Japanese GP in the hopes that Honda will scale up their investment/contributions.
From 2014 we have only had two cars capable of winning a championship in the field, from 2017 the same 2 cars are capable of winning the championship but only 1 has a driver with sufficient talent to do so.

Bad luck on Max that he has reached F1 at this time

We can only hope that the turn of form Ferrari has displayed since the summer break is genuine, and the initiatives in the machine for 2021 have the desired effect.

Failing this we are just stuck with a moribund formula, and young and existing driver talent should look elsewhere.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 23:23 (Ref:3932005)   #205
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
He still is

He has said himself he is much less involved in the design and build of the cars. He has more than a few Red Bull side projects and I don't believe is the designer any longer of the F1 project. Appearances in the garage doesn't mean he's as hands on any longer.
Old 18 Nov 2019, 01:00 (Ref:3941287)   #206
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with toro rosso name change (Scuderia Alpha Tauri) and no junior drivers could we see a redbull full podium ?
Old 7 Sep 2021, 22:40 (Ref:4072549)   #207
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Something dragged up from the archive that will lighten the mood.

Beware. You won’t be able to unsee it.

https://twitter.com/hillf1/status/14...960329730?s=21
Old 7 Sep 2021, 22:50 (Ref:4072550)   #208
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

I remember that. I never knew you liked 20 something hairy blokes. I think that one is taken, though.
Old 7 Sep 2021, 22:51 (Ref:4072551)   #209
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Worked though - seemed to get him a spicy outcome ultimately.
Old 7 Sep 2021, 22:56 (Ref:4072552)   #210
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Worked though - seemed to get him a spicy outcome ultimately.
Old 7 Sep 2021, 23:04 (Ref:4072553)   #211
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I remember that. I never knew you liked 20 something hairy blokes. I think that one is taken, though.
Me and Damon
Old 18 Sep 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4074471)   #212
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
FIA to blame for slow pit stop!

I see that Autosport are now reporting that the slow pit stop at Monza was caused by the FIA clamp down. So, just to extrapolate this a few days ago Christian Horner was saying that Max & Lewis wouldn't have been anywhere near each other if it hadn't have been for the slow stop, and now they're saying that the slow stop was not their fault Can we expect after the weekend for them to blame the FIA for the Max/Lewis accident?
Old 18 Sep 2021, 13:32 (Ref:4074478)   #213
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well Red Bull knew about it beforehand
Old 18 Sep 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4074480)   #214
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was described as human error, the tyre changer didn’t press the done and clear button on the air gun. Previously it was automated.

Yes blame the FIA for removing automation in the name of safety.
Old 18 Sep 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4074484)   #215
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
And if there had been no problem maybe he’d have come out of the pits at the same time Mazepin was coming by and there would have been a giant fireball? And a tornado in a weeks time.

This really is a dullard view. I don’t believe Horner can actually be serious with this consequential thought process.
Old 18 Sep 2021, 15:20 (Ref:4074488)   #216
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surely the reduction of automation and a change of procedures can lead to mistakes as the new system is implemented.

Further, a lack of testing and practice times (perhaps even due to the sprint race) impacted how they could prepare for the procedure change.

As he says they will learn from it though.
Old 18 Sep 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4074494)   #217
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It lead to a mistake that resulted in a slow pitstop - to link it to the crash at the first chicane is false logic.
Old 18 Sep 2021, 17:29 (Ref:4074498)   #218
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed its no more the cause of the accident then saying Max or Lewis waking up that morning caused the crash.

For me Horner's comment across to me was more to suggest that if the stop was faster, lewis would have filtered in behind Max avoiding them finding themselves fighting for the same piece of tarmac after the pit exit.

Of course i can also see the other side of this being a team principle is keen to place blame somewhere other then on his star driver.

Old 19 Sep 2021, 06:15 (Ref:4074620)   #219
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is all mind games, nothing to see here except for RB's determination to win this year at any cost and that is Horner's job. Destabilising MB at any cost is their ultimate goal and fair enough. It is curious though that MB don't see any need to do the same thing or enter into a public debate on RB's approach of using the media as a tool but they have always done it to some extent.
Old 19 Sep 2021, 13:26 (Ref:4074649)   #220
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Clearly a butterfly flapped its wings.

https://fs.blog/2017/08/the-butterfly-effect/
Old 22 Sep 2021, 08:10 (Ref:4074999)   #221
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't this a bit like claiming that Heineken are to blame for me spilling my pint?
Old 22 Sep 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4075000)   #222
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In fairness, when I read Horner's comments I don't see it as trying to blame someone else.

IMO, it comes from a journalist trying to make something out of nothing, and make a story out of the technical directive. He seems to have been asked what happened in the pit stop, and responded:

"We had what looks like a human error. We had an issue at the stop. The wheel was done up and ready to go and unfortunately the car wasn't released. It is a human error. Usually, the guys are phenomenal in the pit lane. It didn't go their way.
Of course, Mercedes then messed up because Lewis should have been well clear and then they had their issue and that's what put the two drivers alongside each other."

Trying to blame someone else - or just explaining what happened?
Old 22 Sep 2021, 08:23 (Ref:4075002)   #223
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In fairness, when I read Horner's comments I don't see it as trying to blame someone else.
One of the most bizzare thing about this season IMO. We have some of the most exciting on track action at the front of the field for years and the press are still trying to inject addition drama into the off track stuff!
Old 22 Sep 2021, 08:28 (Ref:4075003)   #224
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

IMO, it comes from a journalist trying to make something out of nothing, and make a story out of the technical directive. He seems to have been asked what happened in the pit stop, and responded:

"We had what looks like a human error. We had an issue at the stop. The wheel was done up and ready to go and unfortunately the car wasn't released. It is a human error. Usually, the guys are phenomenal in the pit lane. It didn't go their way.
Of course, Mercedes then messed up because Lewis should have been well clear and then they had their issue and that's what put the two drivers alongside each other."

Trying to blame someone else - or just explaining what happened?
Im not one to defend Horner normally, but in this instance i'm with 'crm' on this and believe Horner has just explained what happened. The blame is laid specifically on human error.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4075004)   #225
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Im not one to defend Horner normally, but in this instance i'm with 'crm' on this and believe Horner has just explained what happened. The blame is laid specifically on human error.
And if we are going to look at it from an error management perspective, then the change of technical directive can be considered just one of many causal factors - but absolutely not the root cause of the incident.