Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2019, 08:58 (Ref:3927095)   #16
steve_r
Veteran

England
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsteve_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsteve_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Best. Thread. Ever.

I am just watching some of the F1 races from 2005, so please refrain from posting anywhere on the internet anything that might spoil the surprise for me.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3927102)   #17
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I am just watching some of the F1 races from 2005, so please refrain from posting anywhere on the internet anything that might spoil the surprise for me.
Junior Member - The Great Bauble's SOF Club. Member #4
Old 10 Sep 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3927117)   #18
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Best. Thread. Ever. I am just watching some of the F1 races from 2005, so please refrain from posting anywhere on the internet anything that might spoil the surprise for me.
For me, it means not looking at the F1 forum at all until after Iíve seen the race, switching off radio if news comes on, and likewise TV. Beeb sport homepage can be a spoiler as well, so if I need to catch up on another sport it means covering the screen while selecting the appropriate sport.... Oh, and friends prone to texting about races are advised beforehand if Iím watching a GP live or highlights later!

I was returning from Imola a year or two ago, feeling safe listening to an Italian radio station playing music. Suddenly they broke away live to a GP somewhere for an update on how Ferrari were getting on. Of course the drivers names were recognisable, even if the rest wasnít. Was not impressed.....
Old 10 Sep 2019, 10:47 (Ref:3927135)   #19
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This thread didnít go aswell as you hoped did it? 😂
Old 10 Sep 2019, 17:29 (Ref:3927200)   #20
Aysedasi
Shy and Retiring.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I think we should prorogue 10/10s until at least the Friday after the previous race. That way 10/10s can't be blamed for spoiling the result for those who can't watch it live. Perhaps a vote on this?
Or several...... With flags and placards too......

49/268
Old 10 Sep 2019, 17:31 (Ref:3927202)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I think itís up to us whether we post or not. Weíre not doing any harm by airing our views at the time
Old 10 Sep 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3927209)   #22
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do people honestly find it that hard to avoid results etc? I'm often away spannering for others most of the weekend so have to catch up on Sunday evening/Monday morning. I just don't go online if it's a race I'm really interested in. Don't know how some people would have survived the 80's.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3927219)   #23
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
This thread didnít go aswell as you hoped did it? 😂
To be fair to the OP, he didn't start a thread on this topic. He posted in the one hit wonders thread and the bulk of this content was moved out of that thread by an admin/moderator. I am not even sure if he knows this thread exists.

Either way, I understand his frustration, but also I don't quite agree with his complaint.

Richard
Old 11 Sep 2019, 11:13 (Ref:3927342)   #24
hoffman66
Rookie

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the best way to avoid spoilers is to maybe not be so into the sport, lay off a little, realise there are other things going on, other sports.

I know it can be frustrating knowing the result, but you can still enjoy the race, just live your life and don't let little a trivial thing like this take up your time!!
Old 14 Sep 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3927954)   #25
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For the most part, qualifying is F1's biggest spoiler.
Old 14 Sep 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3927973)   #26
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Actually if I listen to quali on the radio, I donít feel the need to watch the highlights, unlike the race
Old 15 Sep 2019, 00:12 (Ref:3928010)   #27
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Best way to prevent result spoilers would be to organize the stewards and penalty systems better!
Old 17 Sep 2019, 03:59 (Ref:3928447)   #28
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
What's worse: complaining that a motorsports forum is discussing current races, or bumping month old race threads because someone finally caught up? Asking for a friend...
Old 17 Sep 2019, 06:38 (Ref:3928464)   #29
coppice
Racer

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcoppice should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcoppice should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
To be fair to the OP, he didn't start a thread on this topic. He posted in the one hit wonders thread and the bulk of this content was moved out of that thread by an admin/moderator. I am not even sure if he knows this thread exists.

Either way, I understand his frustration, but also I don't quite agree with his complaint.

Richard

I know it exists now , and am just a bit peeved that a comment I made in the heat of a moment,without my knowledge , let alone consent , has been relaunched as a new thread I had no intention of starting... Anyway , the spoiler didn't ..err.. spoil my enjoyment of Leclerc's win - a home Ferrari win after a drought is something to savour .

Back to the original issue and my preference , which other forums seem to adopt , is to confine spoilers to the race thread . Bearing in mind , Ch 4 coverage in UK hadn't even been run when I viewed the comment , I think a little more discretion would heve been good. But hey, nobody died .
Old 17 Sep 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3928465)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Got an interesting weekend coming up. I'll be in Albania during qualifying so can watch it live. I'll be home in the UK on Sunday so will avoid here and the MSM until after the highlights (possibly a euphemism since it's Singapore).