Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Sep 2019, 10:49 (Ref:3927334)   #126
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think his name has done more for progressing his career to date than talent.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3927343)   #127
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Happens! You never know, he may surprise us at some point. Or not.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 12:51 (Ref:3927381)   #128
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
A bit like his uncle, then.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3927384)   #129
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
A bit like his uncle, then.
Good one!
Old 11 Sep 2019, 16:18 (Ref:3927425)   #130
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
De Vries is going to Mercedes FE, so no Williams seat for him.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3927433)   #131
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
That was never goinig to happen anyway, at Williams or any other F1 team

Yes, he has a good chance of winning F2 but the field there is at best mediocre this year, he already is in his 3rd year and he has very little financial backers to get that Williams seat(the only team open to "pay drivers" atm).

and people who have won GP2/F2 in their 2nd or 3rd year have not realy been succesfull in F1 anyway: to name a few: Jolyon Palmer(3rd year), Stoffel Vandoorne(2nd year), Romain Grosjean(3rd),Pastor Maldonado(4th year)
Old 11 Sep 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3927455)   #132
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
And there's already a guy with a BOATLOAD of money ahead of him there and actually already has his foot in the door as the reserve driver so there wasn't really an opening there
Old 18 Sep 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3928748)   #133
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I'll take a stab at the silliness: vettel out at Ferrari, but hulkenberg to replace him, not Ricciardo. Latifi in at Williams, for money reasons. Albon stays at red bull to start the year, at least. Pato o'ward busy accumulating points or whatever he needs to do to be put in a torro rosso by 2021, maybe late 2020 if gasly performs ghastly (sorry).

Still leaves Haas with an open spot that I can't think of who would fill it.

Mainly just wanted to put out there that hulkenberg at Ferrari would be like bottas at mercedes: a steady hand to accumulate points, pick up an occasional win, but not get in the way of the number 1 driver, which leclerc is proving capable of being.

But I also expect ferrari to wet the bed anyway, with multiple quality control issues and failures in strategy at key times, wasting yet another talent, like Alonso and vettel.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 08:37 (Ref:3928827)   #134
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I see that Autosport is reporting that Haas are keeping the same drivers for next season, which is a surprise!
Old 19 Sep 2019, 09:05 (Ref:3928833)   #135
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I see that Autosport is reporting that Haas are keeping the same drivers for next season, which is a surprise!
Shock to me too, when they have Hulkenberg as a perfectly good option.
Also reported on other websites, link below.... (even if the web sites like AUtosport are pretty much all interconnected nowadays and part of Zak Browns 'Motorsport Network' of digital motorsport stuff).

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/g...nberg/4543516/
Old 19 Sep 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3928859)   #136
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
While Grosjean is not without talent, it’s a worry that Hulk won’t be in a seat next season. Really hope he can find a place somewhere
Old 19 Sep 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3928863)   #137
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Old 19 Sep 2019, 12:31 (Ref:3928872)   #138
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Shock to me too, when they have Hulkenberg as a perfectly good option.
Hulkenberg wanted a salary like at Renault, $10m. This was too much for Haas who prefer to choose affordable drivers.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3928873)   #139
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Hulkenberg wanted a salary like at Renault, $10m. This was too much for Haas who prefer to choose affordable drivers.
So Hulkenbergs salary v Grosjeans repair bills. Bottom line, same ballpark $ I guess.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 12:48 (Ref:3928876)   #140
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Kubica leaving Williams - Latifi millions in?
Old 19 Sep 2019, 13:45 (Ref:3928894)   #141
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The replies to Haas' Tweeter post announcing this are pure gold.

I wonder which driver line up has the fewest collective fans?
Old 19 Sep 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3928913)   #142
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Haas fished 5th last year and this year they will be 9th (maybe 8th). whatever issues they are having with their cars, neither driver has done well enough to justify another season imo.

i cant speak to the team's finances but lack of funds?

knock on effect of losing Rich as a sponsor? are they just gonna cut costs and hold hope that 2021 offers them better commercial terms? is Gene Haas looking to sell?
Old 19 Sep 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3928917)   #143
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe haas is thinking continuity with a decent (not good, but better than rent a rides) lineup can help figure out development by keeping that variable constant? Magnussen I think is solid. Grosjean.... he tries I guess.

Hulkenberg free to take that #2 spot at ferrari now
Old 19 Sep 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3928948)   #144
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Hulkenberg free to take that #2 spot at ferrari now
Ha! Well, I am not sure about your Hulkenberg at Ferrari idea, but it would be funny if you were right. And then to find out that both Ferrari and Haas were interested and that Hulkenberg said "No" to Haas so he could say "Yes" to Ferrari!

However, I expect it is it appears. Haas maybe didn't want to pay Hulkenberg as much as he wanted, wanted driver continuity or maybe a bit of both. Maybe Grosjean offered to drive for less to keep his seat! I also doubt Ferrari has a seat open at this point unless Vettel has privately told them he plans to retire.

I know it's all the rage now to say Vettel will retire (I say that as much as anyone), but in the end, I guess I would be surprised if it actually happens. Can Vettel bounce back before end of this season. He needs to out perform his teammate.

Richard
Old 19 Sep 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3928955)   #145
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It might not be Vettel that retires, it might be that Ferrari pay him off. Then Hulkenberg would be the obvious choice at this time, unless they can get Max sonehow...
Old 19 Sep 2019, 20:21 (Ref:3928959)   #146
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It might not be Vettel that retires, it might be that Ferrari pay him off.
Possible.

Richard
Old 19 Sep 2019, 23:38 (Ref:3928991)   #147
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
So with Kubica leaving Williams does that put Hulk in his seat?
He doesnt seem to sound like he wants it, but could be last resort.
Perhaps Alfa will open their door for him.
I cant see him scoring a seat in any of the big 3 even if Seb does step out.
Old 20 Sep 2019, 00:06 (Ref:3928996)   #148
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
So with Kubica leaving Williams does that put Hulk in his seat?
He doesnt seem to sound like he wants it, but could be last resort.
Perhaps Alfa will open their door for him.
I cant see him scoring a seat in any of the big 3 even if Seb does step out.
I doubt Williams can afford to pay any driver, guessing it's a get paid by your sponsors and bring some of that cash our way too kind of seat now.
Old 20 Sep 2019, 07:59 (Ref:3929031)   #149
S griffin
Veteran

I think Alfa is Hulk's best hope. But as Sainz says it will come to talent not money with him. Hulk isn't one to pay for his drives
Old 20 Sep 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3929042)   #150
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A year at Alfa, and then onto Ferrari sounds feasible.