Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Aug 2019, 06:47 (Ref:3920777)   #26
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a link to this race meet as I would like to take my car but as its not an fia car I was wondering if there was anywhere in the race programme for it to race ?
Old 2 Aug 2019, 07:13 (Ref:3920780)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure but you can try info@raceready.pt. This series runs for all types of historic cars but not sure they are all FIA.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 09:00 (Ref:3920792)   #28
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Cann View Post
Is there a link to this race meet as I would like to take my car but as its not an fia car I was wondering if there was anywhere in the race programme for it to race ?
Maybe the Iberian Historic Endurance seriew.The guys who run the 3hr at Spa I think.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3920795)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er................
Old 2 Aug 2019, 09:33 (Ref:3920797)   #30
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just realised I mentioned the same series.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3920801)   #31
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Cann View Post
As Peter says, Rikki, the IHE series run by Diogo Ferrao is your best hope. All the Brit organiser races at the meeting are FIA.

The website has a lot of info which may be of use! https://www.historicendurance.com/home-en
Old 2 Aug 2019, 10:07 (Ref:3920803)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
This is possibly your best bet.

Quote:
H-C Category: "Invited" Competition Cars

This category is for Cars not allowed in any of the previous categories or cars not complying with the Appendix K. However, some cars can be considered eligible to race if the organization committee believes it will improve both the spectacle and improve other drivers’ enjoyment.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3920822)   #33
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guy I shall have a look.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 15:33 (Ref:3927417)   #34
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't suppose anyone knows of a truck going with spare space? We would like to go with the Gilbern and possibly also the E-Type, but can't make the logistics of towing them down ourselves work. McMillan Motorsport seems to ring a bell from previous years.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3927420)   #35
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBinfield View Post
I don't suppose anyone knows of a truck going with spare space? We would like to go with the Gilbern and possibly also the E-Type, but can't make the logistics of towing them down ourselves work. McMillan Motorsport seems to ring a bell from previous years.
You’re not the first to ask, Sam! Think the likes of delta are going via Estoril or Ricard full and not coming back in between. Was it someone taking Caterhams down who had space in previous year(s)?
Old 11 Sep 2019, 20:31 (Ref:3927473)   #36
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You’re not the first to ask, Sam! Think the likes of delta are going via Estoril or Ricard full and not coming back in between. Was it someone taking Caterhams down who had space in previous year(s)?
I believe so Mike, that matches my recollection.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3936272)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I have booked a 60 min space for karting on Thursday at 4 pm. 15 teams 80 Euro per team . All welcome .
Old 22 Oct 2019, 16:36 (Ref:3936274)   #38
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I have booked a 60 min space for karting on Thursday at 4 pm. 15 teams 80 Euro per team . All welcome .
That will be good, and competitive

Wonder what karts you'll be using?
Old 23 Oct 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3936359)   #39
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Go-karts! No clutch…
Old 23 Oct 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3936409)   #40
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably will have a clutch Gerard, just a centrifugal one.

It's considered bad form to have customers push-starting their own karts these days I believe.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 23 Oct 2019, 17:01 (Ref:3936412)   #41
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Probably will have a clutch Gerard, just a centrifugal one.

It's considered bad form to have customers push-starting their own karts these days I believe.

Unless they’ve changed them the normal hire ones are centrifugal clutch 4 stroke.

They do have 2 stroke karts as well, but not for the likes of delta team enduros....
Old 23 Oct 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3936415)   #42
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The 2-strokes will probably be Rotax with centrifugal clutch as well.

Old 23 Oct 2019, 17:32 (Ref:3936418)   #43
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If everyone has the same, 2-Stroke or lawn mower engine, as Delta could say… WTF!!!
Old 23 Oct 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3936420)   #44
midgetman
Veteran

Nah, Delta would say "Happy Days"

Old 23 Oct 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3936477)   #45
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
No matter what the karts are this a great way to sign off the race year . Mechanics , drivers . Truckies and friends can have fun.Its just a nice get together . WTF and happy days for sure .
Old 24 Oct 2019, 05:47 (Ref:3936500)   #46
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
La devise généreuse de Iain pourrait être: il y en aura pour tout le monde, faisons la fête! See that Max, we both are right! A F happy day!
PS: I see you dont wear your glasses on this picture!!!
Old 24 Oct 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3936616)   #47
Willmaz223
Veteran

Motor Racing Legends Entries:

http://www.motorracinglegends.com/results/
Old 27 Oct 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3937168)   #48
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
At Portsmouth waiting to get on ferry to Bilbao. Then to Estoril supper with Mike andcon to Portimao . Sunshine here we come and a bit of motor racing .
Old 27 Oct 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3937196)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm miss it but enjoy yourselves.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 21:40 (Ref:3937202)   #50
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yep will miss you and the Rover Peter . Last year was just the best . Sports 2000 this year so should have sone fun but not the same as a healthy V8 .