Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2019, 21:45 (Ref:3927245)   #121
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
Ricciardo is the answer at Ferrari. Speaks Italian (with an Aussie accent, but good enough), is fast, and is well-loved by the tifosi. Impossible not to like him in my opinion - always with a smile on his face. Does he have an exit clause in his Renault contract?
This has been bouncing around my head the last few days. It really seems an obvious choice.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 22:58 (Ref:3927256)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Effect View Post
Ferrari need to bring back Alonso, throw some money at Verstappen or have a punt on Mick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Mick has to really really go go perform.. unless they want a media stunt job just for the cameras and that would be sad..

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
You know Mick is only P11 in a mediocre F2 field at the moment?
Does he have the requisite points to earn a SuperLicense at this point? The last total I saw from the end of the 2017 season he was on 20 of the 40 needed. Winning F3 earned him 30 in 2018 to total 50 but he wouldn't have enough points next season as the 20 from F4 (German and Italian 2nd) expire. Now why he can't get his license this year and renew as a license holder I don't know, but I think he would have to be entered with a team and in a race weekend session. But if that I'm not sure at all, the FIA has some rules well hidden.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3927283)   #123
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
Ricciardo is the answer at Ferrari. Speaks Italian (with an Aussie accent, but good enough), is fast, and is well-loved by the tifosi. Impossible not to like him in my opinion - always with a smile on his face. Does he have an exit clause in his Renault contract?
Apparently he does have an exit clause if Ferrari or Mercedes come knocking.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 09:06 (Ref:3927298)   #124
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert has a real shot at the podium!gert has a real shot at the podium!gert has a real shot at the podium!gert has a real shot at the podium!gert has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Does he (Mick Schumacher) have the requisite points to earn a SuperLicense at this point?
No.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3927304)   #125
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
It's unlikely he'll be in F1 anytime soon TBH
Old 11 Sep 2019, 10:49 (Ref:3927334)   #126
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think his name has done more for progressing his career to date than talent.
Junior Member - The Great Bauble's SOF Club. Member #4
Old 11 Sep 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3927343)   #127
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Happens! You never know, he may surprise us at some point. Or not.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 12:51 (Ref:3927381)   #128
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
A bit like his uncle, then.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3927384)   #129
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
A bit like his uncle, then.
Good one!
Old 11 Sep 2019, 16:18 (Ref:3927425)   #130
Taxi645
Racer

Netherlands
Taxi645 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
De Vries is going to Mercedes FE, so no Williams seat for him.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3927433)   #131
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
That was never goinig to happen anyway, at Williams or any other F1 team

Yes, he has a good chance of winning F2 but the field there is at best mediocre this year, he already is in his 3rd year and he has very little financial backers to get that Williams seat(the only team open to "pay drivers" atm).

and people who have won GP2/F2 in their 2nd or 3rd year have not realy been succesfull in F1 anyway: to name a few: Jolyon Palmer(3rd year), Stoffel Vandoorne(2nd year), Romain Grosjean(3rd),Pastor Maldonado(4th year)
Old 11 Sep 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3927455)   #132
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
And there's already a guy with a BOATLOAD of money ahead of him there and actually already has his foot in the door as the reserve driver so there wasn't really an opening there
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 18 Sep 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3928748)   #133
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I'll take a stab at the silliness: vettel out at Ferrari, but hulkenberg to replace him, not Ricciardo. Latifi in at Williams, for money reasons. Albon stays at red bull to start the year, at least. Pato o'ward busy accumulating points or whatever he needs to do to be put in a torro rosso by 2021, maybe late 2020 if gasly performs ghastly (sorry).

Still leaves Haas with an open spot that I can't think of who would fill it.

Mainly just wanted to put out there that hulkenberg at Ferrari would be like bottas at mercedes: a steady hand to accumulate points, pick up an occasional win, but not get in the way of the number 1 driver, which leclerc is proving capable of being.

But I also expect ferrari to wet the bed anyway, with multiple quality control issues and failures in strategy at key times, wasting yet another talent, like Alonso and vettel.
Old Yesterday, 08:37 (Ref:3928827)   #134
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!
I see that Autosport is reporting that Haas are keeping the same drivers for next season, which is a surprise!
Old Yesterday, 09:05 (Ref:3928833)   #135
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I see that Autosport is reporting that Haas are keeping the same drivers for next season, which is a surprise!
Shock to me too, when they have Hulkenberg as a perfectly good option.
Also reported on other websites, link below.... (even if the web sites like AUtosport are pretty much all interconnected nowadays and part of Zak Browns 'Motorsport Network' of digital motorsport stuff).

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/g...nberg/4543516/
Junior Member - The Great Bauble's SOF Club. Member #4