Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today


SPA SPRING CLASSIC
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official
 
19 May 2017 to 21 May 2017 07:00 to 19:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Location: Spa Francorchamps

Peter Auto 2nd meeting of the season. Includes their new (and controversial in some quarters) Euro F2 races as well as normal grids.

Expect also the Touring car race to be into the night on Saturday. Nice.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 May 2017, 10:57 (Ref:3735233)   #31
midgetman
Veteran
 
midgetman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
England
Rural Wiltshire
Posts: 4,251
midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!
Same way as F1 used to. Separate water tank, dump the water, run underweight then you're allowed to top up all fluid before you hit parc ferme weighbridge. Don't know if that applies in Hysterics.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
midgetman is offline  
__________________
Midgetman - known as Max Tyler to the world. MaxAttaq!
Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3735239)   #32
Simon Hadfield
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 474
Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No.
Simon Hadfield is offline  
Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3735293)   #33
PeterMorley
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
United Kingdom
Belgium
Posts: 765
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Same way as F1 used to. Separate water tank, dump the water, run underweight then you're allowed to top up all fluid before you hit parc ferme weighbridge. Don't know if that applies in Hysterics.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Install additional CO2 "fire extinguisher" aimed at the brakes - dry ice should keep the brakes nice and cool!
PeterMorley is offline  
__________________
"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3735307)   #34
zefarelly
Veteran
 
zefarelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
England
good old Sussex by the sea
Posts: 8,793
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
cool enough to make hot iron crack!
zefarelly is offline  
__________________
Joe Allenby-Byrne
trading as Zefarelly since 1985
Quote
Old 24 May 2017, 08:57 (Ref:3735626)   #35
henk4
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Posts: 2,126
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/event...a-Classic.html

we got it done, it took more time than expected. Hope you like it.
henk4 is offline  
__________________
pieter melissen
Quote
Old 24 May 2017, 19:14 (Ref:3735734)   #36
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran
 
chunterer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location:
Down the end of my road
Posts: 13,185
chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
I noticed on a youtube vid that The Mason/Hope Motul 635 got rather rudely harpooned by an errant scirocco in one of the HTC races. The VW came off mych worse but hope the Bimmer isn't too badly damaged?
chunterer is offline  
Quote
Old 25 May 2017, 05:39 (Ref:3735812)   #37
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran
 
Mike Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Posts: 10,329
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I noticed on a youtube vid that The Mason/Hope Motul 635 got rather rudely harpooned by an errant scirocco in one of the HTC races. The VW came off mych worse but hope the Bimmer isn't too badly damaged?
Sorry, James, was that in the first race during daylight? I saw the Scirocco on a flatbed at some point but didn't notice if it was damaged. Our 2hr race was between the two HTC races so I was a bit pre-occupied!

Sadly the HTC cars being in the Endurance boxes makes them almost invisible to spectators, especially when some teams keep the doors shut! It is a Spa specific thing, but completely opposite to the other grids that were on display in their open tents, and expected to be there for spectator benefit....
Mike Bell is offline  
__________________
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. (Einstein)
Quote
Old 25 May 2017, 17:49 (Ref:3735970)   #38
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran
 
chunterer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location:
Down the end of my road
Posts: 13,185
chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sorry, James, was that in the first race during daylight? I saw the Scirocco on a flatbed at some point but didn't notice if it was damaged. Our 2hr race was between the two HTC races so I was a bit pre-occupied!

Sadly the HTC cars being in the Endurance boxes makes them almost invisible to spectators, especially when some teams keep the doors shut! It is a Spa specific thing, but completely opposite to the other grids that were on display in their open tents, and expected to be there for spectator benefit....
Mike, yes it was a daytime race. The 635 may only have passenger door damage.
Not great to hear about spectators not being able to view the cars in the garages!
chunterer is offline  
Quote
Old 25 May 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3735993)   #39
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran
 
Mike Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Posts: 10,329
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Mike, yes it was a daytime race. The 635 may only have passenger door damage.
Not great to hear about spectators not being able to view the cars in the garages!

Fairly sturdy cars, 635s......

The endurance boxes at Spa are tiny, and even if the doors are open it is very difficult to squeeze round a car in one. If it is being worked on, almost impossible! As I said, at some meetings the HTC cars are in tents, as we are, or in larger pit garages where they are more visible. Spa is probably the worst PA meeting to get a good look at them- except on track!
Mike Bell is offline  
__________________
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. (Einstein)
Quote
Old 25 May 2017, 19:07 (Ref:3735999)   #40
John Elwin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
France
Pas de Calais
Posts: 1,156
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Fairly sturdy cars, 635s......

The endurance boxes at Spa are tiny, and even if the doors are open it is very difficult to squeeze round a car in one. If it is being worked on, almost impossible! As I said, at some meetings the HTC cars are in tents, as we are, or in larger pit garages where they are more visible. Spa is probably the worst PA meeting to get a good look at them- except on track!

...not to mention needing mountaineering gear to get around the paddock.
John Elwin is offline  
Quote
Old 25 May 2017, 19:30 (Ref:3736006)   #41
gary396
Subscriber
Veteran
 
gary396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
United Kingdom
Northallerton
Posts: 1,866
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
...not to mention needing mountaineering gear to get around the paddock.
But it's worth the climb!
gary396 is online now  
__________________
Gary Clarke
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SVRA Sebring Spring Vintage Classic 26 Feb-03 March Mike Bell Historic Racing Today 96 16 Mar 2013 08:00
CSCC Spa Francorchamps - Spa Summer Classic Peter Mallett Historic Racing Today 49 15 Jun 2011 15:41
WHO IS GOING TO CART SPRING TRAINING AT HOMESTEAD champcarfan01 Trackside 1 30 Jan 2000 20:03


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.