Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Oct 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3156707)   #51
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
is this thread about COTF or the win sunday and monday thing, im confused lol
I noticed. Thread title says 'Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday' which might be a clue? So why do manufacturers get involved, etc, etc. COTF is relevent in terms of why would they get involved with something that isn't really their car but which needs to be marketed as though it were. Aussie V8s must be one of the few series where support is so thoroughly demarked by which manufacturer/colour you are, yet the cars competing don't reflect that and even less so from now.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3156729)   #52
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
well then I guess it might change with COTF cause now merc and Nissan are joining, imo I think more and more people will support the drivers, rather then the car brands they are representing.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 00:26 (Ref:3156790)   #53
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where it does score well is in support for the teams, and that shouldn't change.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 03:52 (Ref:3156837)   #54
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Woolley;3156464]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
I think you guys cant read

QUOTE]

Quite right. Accompanied by [mod]T O P I C[/mod]
I see what you did there
Old 24 Oct 2012, 03:53 (Ref:3156838)   #55
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well then I guess it might change with COTF cause now merc and Nissan are joining, imo I think more and more people will support the drivers, rather then the car brands they are representing.
I've supported DJR for over a decade, yet never owned a Ford.

Was a funny convo with a workmate who said 'oh you're a ford guy' when i said i'm a DJR fan.

You dont have to own the car to follow the team.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3156919)   #56
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
just my opinion, new lap records broken next year, faster cars, cornersing will be faster with better and more overtaking, better looking cars and all that while not looking further away from showroom cars (from the outside). just wished they got rid of the mufflers and make them sound like NASCARS, the exhayst I got on my car is almost as loud as a the racecars.
Ahh, the cornersing.........anyway how will there be more overtaking ? Same chassis, suspension, tyres, aero & engine output.

As to win & sell, 20 years of stupidcars has helped Commodore & Falcon stay on top.......
Old 24 Oct 2012, 13:33 (Ref:3157011)   #57
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I've supported DJR for over a decade, yet never owned a Ford.

Was a funny convo with a workmate who said 'oh you're a ford guy' when i said i'm a DJR fan.

You dont have to own the car to follow the team.
I support Ford , and get all this crap by my mates and "randoms" that wanna have a go at the lights.
are u agreeing with or disagreeing with me? I own a Ford but I still like James Courtney, him and Frosty. But its what makes the V8's unique Ford Vs Holden, it may have been boring to others that drove a different brand, but its like a good rivlry like QLd and NSW origin.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 17:03 (Ref:3157096)   #58
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I support Ford , and get all this crap by my mates and "randoms" that wanna have a go at the lights.
are u agreeing with or disagreeing with me? I own a Ford but I still like James Courtney, him and Frosty. But its what makes the V8's unique Ford Vs Holden, it may have been boring to others that drove a different brand, but its like a good rivlry like QLd and NSW origin.
2 posts ago you said that you haven't owned a Ford, which one is it ?
Old 24 Oct 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3157172)   #59
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
As to win & sell, 20 years of stupidcars has helped Commodore & Falcon stay on top.......
It’s probably worth pointing out that (based on 2011 stats in NZ at least) the Falcon and Commodore are Ford and Holden’s best selling models… making them the only manufacturers to have their “big car” as their biggest seller… Interestingly enough, despite getting flogged in the small car market, in the Falcon and Commodore still outsell the marques that (in the small and medium car market) are more popular than them.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 23:23 (Ref:3157250)   #60
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
2 posts ago you said that you haven't owned a Ford, which one is it ?
this is my car

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=88500&page=38
Old 25 Oct 2012, 01:28 (Ref:3157280)   #61
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Gotcha.
My bad.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 01:40 (Ref:3157282)   #62
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
It’s probably worth pointing out that (based on 2011 stats in NZ at least) the Falcon and Commodore are Ford and Holden’s best selling models… making them the only manufacturers to have their “big car” as their biggest seller… Interestingly enough, despite getting flogged in the small car market, in the Falcon and Commodore still outsell the marques that (in the small and medium car market) are more popular than them.
I dont follow the maket in NZ, how are their sales compared to 5 & 10 years ago ?
Old 27 Oct 2012, 07:47 (Ref:3158350)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
So why haven't you uploaded a photo of them?

Oh.. and notice that the 1992 Championship & Bathurst winning Nissan still has its Winfield branding attached!

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Oct 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3158356)   #64
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
just an observation but Nissan in that pic is red. Datsun was red white and blue

Why are we linking it with black this time around
Old 27 Oct 2012, 08:45 (Ref:3158361)   #65
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
just an observation but Nissan in that pic is red. Datsun was red white and blue

Why are we linking it with black this time around

'Jack' !!!
Old 27 Oct 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3158362)   #66
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
'Jack' !!!
I had wondered if that was the reason. but will all 4 cars be black?
Old 28 Oct 2012, 03:15 (Ref:3158756)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 28 Oct 2012, 07:43 (Ref:3158854)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Nissan Sets Up At the AIMS

Wonder why they didnt launch the Altima V8Supercar here?

For the sake of 2 days.. seems silly!
Old 28 Oct 2012, 08:13 (Ref:3158865)   #69
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Nissan Sets Up At the AIMS

Wonder why they didnt launch the Altima V8Supercar here?

For the sake of 2 days.. seems silly!
Agree in general but way more than two days. Build at AIMS started on October 10th and the show itself opened on the 18th.

Given the team's workload during that time, I'd reckon they'll be burning substantial midnight and all night oil to have a car ready for the launch - doing so 12 or so days earlier might just have not been possible.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3158879)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Agree in general but way more than two days. Build at AIMS started on October 10th and the show itself opened on the 18th.

Given the team's workload during that time, I'd reckon they'll be burning substantial midnight and all night oil to have a car ready for the launch - doing so 12 or so days earlier might just have not been possible.
So.. how would the great unwashed know whether it ran or not?
Old 28 Oct 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3158924)   #71
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So.. how would the great unwashed know whether it ran or not?
Huh? Know whether what ran?

If you're talking about the car, clearly Nissan are wanting to keep their powder dry and have the media space to themselves by launching it when they are, rather than sharing media attention with everything else at the motor show. Plus of course, giving the team valuable extra time to get the first car finished in the process.

In terms of "the great unwashed", Nissan have something like 40,000 facebook likes across their brand pages & no doubt they'll build on that with some strong marketing out to the general media, gaining exposure for themselves away from the competing attention of the other motor show PR exercises.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 00:50 (Ref:3159286)   #72
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps they could've done the final fitout at the motorshow over the course of it's duration? Maybe a 2 or 3 hour session every day. Have someone talk (Rick, or Todd, or one of the Ch7 commentators) the audience through what's going on? Fire it up on the final day? Maybe take it out on the road, and through the city?

Bah! Who am I kidding? I'm no marketing guru.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 08:12 (Ref:3159379)   #73
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If you like Nascar. If you do not, it is crap
TOO true totally agree with you.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3159383)   #74
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
TOO true totally agree with you.
dammit I must be the only one that didnt understand what he meant, clue us (or just me) in?..
Old 29 Oct 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3159427)   #75
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SVG was at the Ford stand on Sunday afternoon. Pen in hand ready to sign posters. He was chatting to one of the Ford guys when I walked past, no queue of people, in fact nothing to actually tell anyone who he was or that he was even there.