Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Oct 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3771297)   #126
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Can I quote you on that? If I do, you realise it will become indisputable fact......
TenTenths is riddled with indisputable facts. Go on then.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3771302)   #127
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
TenTenths is riddled with indisputable facts. Go on then.
If not Aysedasi, let me.

I'm really Jim Clark, so please pass some more mashed potatoes.

Oh wait. That's Elvis.....

jimclark
Old 2 Oct 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3771303)   #128
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Does it say something that the biggest talking point after the Malaysian GP is what happened after the Malaysian GP......
1st biggest talking point= Dumb ass collision post race.
2nd biggest talking point= Whingeing on the radio during the race.
Well done F1 you really are the pinnacle of motorsport
Old 2 Oct 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3771304)   #129
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
If not Aysedasi, let me.

I'm really Jim Clark, so please pass some more mashed potatoes.

Oh wait. That's Elvis.....
I like mashed potatoes.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3771305)   #130
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Elvis Costello likes mash? Never knew that. I get such an education here...

We now return you to the advertised programme.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 16:07 (Ref:3771308)   #131
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
1st biggest talking point= Dumb ass collision post race.
2nd biggest talking point= Whingeing on the radio during the race.
Well done F1 you really are the pinnacle of motorsport

Not meaning to be too serious but...doesn't that say more about the posters than Formula One???

jimclark
Old 2 Oct 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3771309)   #132
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Honours are pretty even, I'd say.......
Old 2 Oct 2017, 16:16 (Ref:3771311)   #133
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Honours are pretty even, I'd say.......

jimclark
Old 2 Oct 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3771312)   #134
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Elvis Costello likes mash? Never knew that. I get such an education here...

We now return you to the advertised programme.
Who said anything about Abbott and Costello?????

jimclark
Old 2 Oct 2017, 16:22 (Ref:3771313)   #135
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Who said anything about Abbott and Costello?????
Are they on the advertised programme?
Old 2 Oct 2017, 16:24 (Ref:3771315)   #136
jimclark
Veteran

United States
No mas.

jimclark
Old 2 Oct 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3771319)   #137
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Not meaning to be too serious but...doesn't that say more about the posters than Formula One???
Six of one and half a dozen of the other.
It was an average race, but one of the more memorable of a dreary season.
By the way, whingeing sits in pitch between whining and moaning.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3771326)   #138
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
It was an average race, but one of the more memorable of a dreary season.
By the way, whingeing sits in pitch between whining and moaning.
In my 50 years of following F!, I see no change in the ratio of average to exciting races. Part of the enjoyment is the rarity of the "exciting' one's as opposed to the "manufactured" close racing (such as NASCAR, IndyCar and the BoPing of most sportscar racing). Just my opine.

re: whingeing, thanks for the explanation.

jimclark
Old 2 Oct 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3771332)   #139
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the crime of allowing another car to crash into him the cosmic court of intergalactic justice says it will ban Vettel and all red coloured Italian racing cars from all televised sporting activities for the next 17 years
Old 2 Oct 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3771335)   #140
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
In my 50 years of following F!, I see no change in the ratio of average to exciting races. Part of the enjoyment is the rarity of the "exciting' one's as opposed to the "manufactured" close racing (such as NASCAR, IndyCar and the BoPing of most sportscar racing). Just my opine.

Each to their own, I just watched the Martinsville STP 500 on youtube. It took me until lap 350 to look up and read the ticker to see the running order. I only read it once. Maybe it is manufactured but I was gripped from green to chequer.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3771339)   #141
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think the big mistake of increasing the aero has meant even less exciting races. The sooner we get better rules in place the better. Come on Mr Brawn
Old 2 Oct 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3771350)   #142
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
For the crime of allowing another car to crash into him the cosmic court of intergalactic justice says it will ban Vettel and all red coloured Italian racing cars from all televised sporting activities for the next 17 years
Back to blue and white then.....
Old 2 Oct 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3771351)   #143
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

50 years, 45 for me, got a bit of catching up to do.

If close racing in IndyCar is manufactured, that's down to the aero configuration. The original DW-12 was a ground effect car, with the majority of the downforce created by the car's undertray, which produces less of a wake and lets the cars run closer. With the introduction of aero-kits, more downforce was produced from the upper surface of the car, producing more wake, something a number of drivers complained about. However, a significant amount of downforce was still produced by the undertray. Next season, it will be a pure ground effect aero-kit, which will let the cars run much closer.

If F1 were to address the issues surrounding downforce, F1 would also have closer racing.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3771360)   #144
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
As for the whining from so many, I think this race illustrated just how institutionalized it is. Ocon had 2 incidents that he didn't say a word about. The team asked him about them, and he then said yeah, perez, and then (can't remember who it was the second time) both ran into him. The team said he needed to say something on the radio and report it. So basically, if the slightest thing happens, the team wants the driver to whine so race control hears it, and maybe they get an advantage or at least avoid penalty. They actually sounded annoyed, like they were scolding him for NOT whining. Can't really blame the drivers if that's the mindset.
I happy that you heard that. Magnussen has explained to danish media that this is team policy to so. If you don't whine and the other driver does, then you are more likely to get a penalty. If both drivers are whining, then they are more likely to call it a race incident.

I don't know whether this is true, but it seems that two teams are having the same policy on the matter.

Magnussen receives a lot of banter, but let's be honest. How many crashes has he actually caused?
He drives hard yes, and the double change of direction towards Alonso was too much. But he takes it to the limit, but rarely so far that an actual crash happens. Unlike a lot of other drivers in the current grid.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 21:48 (Ref:3771376)   #145
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
If F1 were to address the issues surrounding downforce, F1 would also have closer racing.
Only 40 years for me. F1 aero is beyond ridiculous. A monumental waste of time and money from the first slot on the front wing to the ridiculous DRS. The cars are covered in a bizarre array of turd polishing devices. How did the coat hanger tv aerial come about?
Old 2 Oct 2017, 23:26 (Ref:3771393)   #146
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I don't think there's any footage from Stroll's car, at least none that I could find but there is this from the car following Stroll, which I posted a couple of pages back.

https://youtu.be/fZ80ZLmhoFs

Sadly blocked by the Formula One Miseries (FOM)

Still doing everything possible to damage motorsport and dampen enthusiasm on every occasion.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 02:26 (Ref:3771422)   #147
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Still doing everything possible to damage motorsport and dampen enthusiasm on every occasion.
More likely they are fighting against YouTube selling advertising space on footage likely taken from somebody's DVR as a breach of copyright and displayed for the masses as their own work.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Oct 2017, 05:04 (Ref:3771436)   #148
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:

If close racing in IndyCar is manufactured, that's down to the aero configuration.

I disagree that the close racing is due to the aero configuration. It is the fact that there is only one chassis, one body, and two well controlled engines. 'Damn well better be close but I'm not interested when I know that it closer be because they are the same. Amateurish to please the masses.
In their own way, NASCAR and BoPing is the same bs to "even" the playing field. I don't want to see the "playing field" (I've raced many things and never considered it "playing" anything...) "evened". I want to see the best design and race the best, otherwise I'd just follow those series.

Prior to wings and ground effects, the racing was no closer (so much for your aero reason) and that's fine with me. We're watching the best ply their trades.....whoever comes out on top deserves it.

jimclark
Old 3 Oct 2017, 06:05 (Ref:3771445)   #149
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
More likely they are fighting against YouTube selling advertising space on footage likely taken from somebody's DVR as a breach of copyright and displayed for the masses as their own work.
Here it is for free on another website. This website has also put up race highlights.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 07:10 (Ref:3771455)   #150
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup definitely Maldonado's fault.