Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Worst Winner at Le Mans (overall)
Bentley EXP Speed 8 11 18.33%
Dauer Porsche 962/GT1 32 53.33%
1952 Merc 300SL 5 8.33%
1975 Mirage-Ford 4 6.67%
1980 Rondeau 5 8.33%
1991 Mazda 787 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Jul 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1357248)   #101
AMT
Rookie

AMT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you read my posts, you'll see that I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion about anything - just sticking to facts (except in my vote for the Dauer ). It's not that personal.

"Least good" doesn't mean "worse than bad" in this context - that was my meaning. You can't disagree with that, surely?

Anyway - it's an interesting poll that should continue, whereas this threadlet probably shouldn't....
Old 17 Jul 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1357253)   #102
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are certainly right about the last bit.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1357373)   #103
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT
If you read my posts, you'll see that I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion about anything - just sticking to facts (except in my vote for the Dauer ). It's not that personal.

"Least good" doesn't mean "worse than bad" in this context - that was my meaning. You can't disagree with that, surely?
No I can't. Never did actually.

I guess I'm concerned not to let a good thread degenerate into an "explain yourself Cy" session. And then again. And then again. He doesn't need me to protect him at all but the point has been made enough times for us all to understand where he's coming from, whether or not we agree.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1357375)   #104
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT
....except in my vote for the Dauer .

Nah. That's the one true fact....... Which the poll is showing fairly clearly......
Old 18 Jul 2005, 07:43 (Ref:1357575)   #105
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
He doesn't need me to protect him at all but...
Oh d*mn and I thought I'd at last found a shoulder to cry on...
Old 18 Jul 2005, 09:00 (Ref:1357604)   #106
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont see how the 787 is seen as the worst, The rotary engine is synonymous in long distance endurance racing, Many long distance events that Mazda has taken part in and not done to bad against porsches and the like.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 09:27 (Ref:1357612)   #107
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agreed Mike, the 787, is a most surprising inclusion in this poll, but then it has been voted for, so I guess on that basis, it is a justified inclusion!!