Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 10 May 2006, 16:26 (Ref:1605207)   #1
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
thebullet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Donington Park 750 club this weekend.

Anyone going?
Old 10 May 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1605222)   #2
Englishman
Rookie

England
Englishman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there, but only on the Sunday and with limited mobility (e-mail to Peter ASAP).
Old 10 May 2006, 16:48 (Ref:1605233)   #3
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there both days
all those hot and stock hatches
Old 10 May 2006, 17:08 (Ref:1605241)   #4
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come along Boys & Girls, I know it's Donington but how about seeing the first ever race in a new series, that could be something special.
Over 20, 14-17 years driving Citroen Saxo's (Saxmax) on Sunday, now where did I put my nerve pills?
Old 10 May 2006, 17:47 (Ref:1605254)   #5
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
Over 20, 14-17 years driving Citroen Saxo's (Saxmax)
Sounds like a council estate on a Friday night!!!!

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 10 May 2006, 19:49 (Ref:1605354)   #6
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Should be good I'll be there both days.

Saxmax is gonna be interesting.
Old 10 May 2006, 20:06 (Ref:1605376)   #7
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there both days too.
Old 10 May 2006, 20:14 (Ref:1605385)   #8
NJF
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
NJF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there as a spectator on Saturday and in my 'new role' Sunday. Roll on SAXMAX!!!
Old 10 May 2006, 20:14 (Ref:1605386)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Sheila, where will you be?
Old 10 May 2006, 20:18 (Ref:1605388)   #10
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Sheila, where will you be?
The usual place Tim - in the pit lane astride the broomstick!

Are we going to have the pleasure of your company?
Old 10 May 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1605394)   #11
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Ermm yes, in the Sports Racing and GT Challenge. I'll be on my best behaviour and may even smile.
Old 10 May 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1605401)   #12
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Ermm yes, in the Sports Racing and GT Challenge. I'll be on my best behaviour and may even smile.

Excellent! I love meeting up with fellow 10thers. What will you be driving? (yes, yes, I know it'll be a car ) Make, colour scheme and race number so I know who I'm looking for would be good!
Old 10 May 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1605413)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
I'll be in the yellow Dtype jaguar in my avatar, no.81. Last practice, and race about 4pm on Saturday.
Old 10 May 2006, 20:54 (Ref:1605423)   #14
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
I'll be in the yellow Dtype jaguar in my avatar, no.81. Last practice, and race about 4pm on Saturday.
I shall be looking out for you - but in order that I don't book you, a few pointers:

I don't know what kind of extinguisher system you use but if it's plumbed in, remember to take the pin out!

Only the current scrutineering ticket in your car (and make sure it's somewhere visible!)

Wave at the marshals all around the track on your slowing down lap after your race.

If it's boiling hot and you need to remove your crash helmet when you enter the pit lane, please stop in the inside lane first. Don't take it off whilst still moving!

Under no circumstances unfasten your seat belts until you get into the scrutineering bay and have come to a complete halt.

Don't forget to wave at me!

Failure to comply with any of the above will result in a severe beating with the broomstick!
Old 10 May 2006, 22:44 (Ref:1605509)   #15
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK - I'll come as well. Probably have a joint sign on with ES so we don't waste any marshals by putting a flag AND an ES on the same post.

Any more volunteers (esp Sat) will be welcome. - yes I know there's a special "begging" sub forum but it doesn't like me yet.
Old 11 May 2006, 05:05 (Ref:1605619)   #16
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
Come along Boys & Girls, I know it's Donington but how about seeing the first ever race in a new series, that could be something special.
Over 20, 14-17 years driving Citroen Saxo's (Saxmax) on Sunday, now where did I put my nerve pills?
Every post should be given a teddy bear and a dummy for the kiddies when they fall off into the gravel, should stop the temper tantrums.

Has the CoC's office got a naughty corner for them to stand in?
Old 11 May 2006, 07:26 (Ref:1605677)   #17
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From my understanding they're going to be very gentle with the babies. Teaching them how not to do what they did rather than just giving them a telling off and sending them on their way, I had a chat with one of the
Driving Standards blokies. With any luck by the end of the season they'll be good racing drivers.
Old 11 May 2006, 12:55 (Ref:1605959)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila M
I shall be looking out for you - but in order that I don't book you, a few pointers:

I don't know what kind of extinguisher system you use but if it's plumbed in, remember to take the pin out!
Yep, I always do that
Quote:

Only the current scrutineering ticket in your car (and make sure it's somewhere visible!)
That'll be on the tunnel cover along with last weeks, but if you are in the pit lane you won't be checking that will you.
Quote:

Wave at the marshals all around the track on your slowing down lap after your race.
Always do
Quote:

If it's boiling hot and you need to remove your crash helmet when you enter the pit lane, please stop in the inside lane first. Don't take it off whilst still moving!
Learnt my lesson at Snetterton the other year and had to visit Viv (I think)

Quote:

Under no circumstances unfasten your seat belts until you get into the scrutineering bay and have come to a complete halt.
Ditto above
Quote:
Don't forget to wave at me!

Failure to comply with any of the above will result in a severe beating with the broomstick!
I won't know what you look like, but I will wave at Chezza.
Old 11 May 2006, 15:10 (Ref:1606036)   #19
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I won't know what you look like, but I will wave at Chezza.
Sheila is normally at pitlane exit with a yellow flag to direct you into scrutineering after the session ends.
Old 11 May 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1606136)   #20
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now I know where to find her....

Be good to put more names to faces, I'll be helping out AHS, one of the Vee teams, again.

Most likely to be the only girl playing with cars there...so should be easy to spot!
Old 11 May 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1606144)   #21
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Please make yourself known falcemob, i probably know you, but can't put a face to the name at the moment.
Old 11 May 2006, 18:20 (Ref:1606148)   #22
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I might try and find falce too...
Old 11 May 2006, 18:43 (Ref:1606161)   #23
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Please make yourself known falcemob, i probably know you, but can't put a face to the name at the moment.
You know me I think, I'm the miserable looking git at the TRC meetings with Eric.
Old 11 May 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1606174)   #24
Suze
Veteran

England
Were you at Brands...? I met Eric there....
Old 11 May 2006, 19:05 (Ref:1606180)   #25
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
I was at Brands on the GP circuit day and Silverstone a couple of weeks ago.
Chezza, I thought you would have been at Snetterton this weekend.