Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Nov 2020, 08:35 (Ref:4017391)   #126
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
honestly I would not take 2010 LM as reference for grosjean multiclass skills, since during the race it were gt1 cars to be overlapped by faster gt2 like risi 430, felbermayr 997 and corvette c6r and not the reverse how it was supposed to be.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 13:48 (Ref:4017453)   #127
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
honestly I would not take 2010 LM as reference for grosjean multiclass skills, since during the race it were gt1 cars to be overlapped by faster gt2 like risi 430, felbermayr 997 and corvette c6r and not the reverse how it was supposed to be.
GT1 cars were lapped while in the pits or at the side of the road, not on pure pace. In fact the Fords were 2nd and 3rd of all GT cars in quali, only behind the very rapid Young Driver DBR9.

@Akrapovic, my bad.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 14:18 (Ref:4017456)   #128
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
GT1 cars were lapped while in the pits or at the side of the road, not on pure pace. In fact the Fords were 2nd and 3rd of all GT cars in quali, only behind the very rapid Young Driver DBR9.

@Akrapovic, my bad.
Qualifying is not the race, there were 2 saleen s7r in 2010 LMS that in qualifying were as fast or a bit faster than gt2 but basically had no pace in race finishing several laps behind.
I still remember that before the 2010 LM saturday night, risi 430 and corvete c6r were the overall fastest gt in grid with no match for 2010specs gt1
Old 17 Nov 2020, 16:50 (Ref:4017475)   #129
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Qualifying is not the race, there were 2 saleen s7r in 2010 LMS that in qualifying were as fast or a bit faster than gt2 but basically had no pace in race finishing several laps behind.
I still remember that before the 2010 LM saturday night, risi 430 and corvete c6r were the overall fastest gt in grid with no match for 2010specs gt1
It's true that the regulations had completely neutered the GT1 cars for 2009 and most especially 2010 season. But of those two 2010 LMS Saleens, one was a complete joke of a team - Atlas efx - which was always going to end up terrible, and the other one - Larbre - was competing against no-one (outside Spa 1000km) and having no reason to do but the minimum to sort of circulate within acceptable classified finish...

At LM, the Marc VDS Ford crashed very early on, the female Matech Ford burned down, JLOC was a joke (albeit not quite as joke as 2007 and 2009) much like Atlas efx in LMS, and all the rest got stuck in the garage or retired for mechanical problems elsewhere thanks to the infamous ECU debacle and other issues, so it was rather easy for GT2 to win, with or without speed

JLOC did top qualifying at Zhuhai 1000km, mildly ahead of the GT3 Porsche Hybrid and the GT2 cars, so even terrible teams with terrible cars were sort of capable to do something on one lap pace

I always remember how the Minardi "legend" Zsolt Baumgartner of all people was entered for the terrible Atlas efx Saleen late in the season, but it never ended up happening, nor did the Saleen entry for Petit Le Mans despite being on the initial entry list

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Nov 2020 at 17:08.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 18:07 (Ref:4017502)   #130
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
It's true that the regulations had completely neutered the GT1 cars for 2009 and most especially 2010 season. But of those two 2010 LMS Saleens, one was a complete joke of a team - Atlas efx - which was always going to end up terrible, and the other one - Larbre - was competing against no-one (outside Spa 1000km) and having no reason to do but the minimum to sort of circulate within acceptable classified finish...

At LM, the Marc VDS Ford crashed very early on, the female Matech Ford burned down, JLOC was a joke (albeit not quite as joke as 2007 and 2009) much like Atlas efx in LMS, and all the rest got stuck in the garage or retired for mechanical problems elsewhere thanks to the infamous ECU debacle and other issues, so it was rather easy for GT2 to win, with or without speed

JLOC did top qualifying at Zhuhai 1000km, mildly ahead of the GT3 Porsche Hybrid and the GT2 cars, so even terrible teams with terrible cars were sort of capable to do something on one lap pace

I always remember how the Minardi "legend" Zsolt Baumgartner of all people was entered for the terrible Atlas efx Saleen late in the season, but it never ended up happening, nor did the Saleen entry for Petit Le Mans despite being on the initial entry list
2009 GT1 cars were not fast as 2008 mainly due bop but were still pre2010 specs, infact corvette racing and the luc alphand car with pro drivers inside finished 2009 LM several laps ahead of gt2 cars. For 2010 ratel wanted cheaper gt1 for the world FIA GT1 and as consequence old/downgraded (c6r, DBR9, mc12, s7r) and new (ford gt, nissan gt-r, lambo RSV) gt1 cars had a considerable performance drop due lack of some power, about extra 100kg and reduced aero.
Despite this on the single qualifying lap gt1 were still faster than gt2, but race pace and consistency (as shown also at spa 1000km) was just another story compared to gt2 work/official teams that had also much better drivers than gt1 teams since some of them were basically almost pro-am. History chronicles aside, remains the fact that grosjean LM experience tells nothing about his actual sportscars/multiclass skills.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 18:55 (Ref:4017517)   #131
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Getting a little off topic here?

Old 18 Nov 2020, 16:43 (Ref:4017728)   #132
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let’s try and concentrate on the Peugeots, we are looking forward to seeing how good their car goes
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:01 (Ref:4022738)   #133
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
2.6L twin-turbo V6 confirmed

https://media.peugeot-sport.com/en/p...rt/news/photos

No press release that I can find but there are renders.

Last edited by deggis; 13 Dec 2020 at 22:28.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 23:03 (Ref:4022776)   #134
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Is it just me, or the driver seems very far forward, especially for how small the engine is? It could just be that the lack of bodywork is throwing me off.
Does anyone have a similar schematic for an LMP1-H car?

Also, it's interesting how the only two LMH cars from big car manufacturers are so similar in concept.

Last edited by Pandamasque; 13 Dec 2020 at 23:17.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 23:52 (Ref:4022781)   #135
chrisklein90
Rookie

United States
Florida
chrisklein90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't expect too much, but I am excited to see how their cars will turn out with this comeback.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 05:08 (Ref:4022803)   #136
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Atleast this confirms the Hypercar choice
Old 14 Dec 2020, 08:14 (Ref:4022814)   #137
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Does anyone have a similar schematic for an LMP1-H car?
Does this help:

Seriously though - I think it is just a strange mind-trick of the eye. When you look at the majority of LMP1 cars in profile, the driver is that far forward. The eye tends to minimise the amount of car that is rear of the driver.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 08:21 (Ref:4022817)   #138
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
2.6L twin-turbo V6 confirmed

https://media.peugeot-sport.com/en/p...rt/news/photos

No press release that I can find but there are renders.

Seems about right to me, when comparing to the Porsche 919
Old 14 Dec 2020, 08:21 (Ref:4022818)   #139
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More infos on AUTOhebdo site (fr):

http://www.autohebdo.fr/wec/actualites/peugeot-devoile-la-technologie-de-sa-le-mans-hypercar-214902.html
Old 14 Dec 2020, 08:43 (Ref:4022826)   #140
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
motorsport.com :

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...-2022/4926737/

Nothing is revolutionary in the first divulged data.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 08:58 (Ref:4022828)   #141
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
motorsport.com :

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...-2022/4926737/

Nothing is revolutionary in the first divulged data.
Correct me if I am wrong but what seems different in this set up compared to LMP1 is that the ICE can produce the max permitted power without the hybrid and the engine management system will therefore control how much power the ICE is making to balance it with hybrid energy deployment.
Whereas in LMP1, once the battery was depleted, the car was effectively underpowered until it recharged.
So the Peugeot will always have 670hp available, with part time 4wd, with some power coming from ICE and some from hybrid, compared to say, the Glickenhaus which will always have 670hp available from ICE alone with full time rwd.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 09:08 (Ref:4022831)   #142
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Atleast this confirms the Hypercar choice
That was confirmed in the September announcement.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 09:45 (Ref:4022840)   #143
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but what seems different in this set up compared to LMP1 is that the ICE can produce the max permitted power without the hybrid and the engine management system will therefore control how much power the ICE is making to balance it with hybrid energy deployment.
Whereas in LMP1, once the battery was depleted, the car was effectively underpowered until it recharged.
So the Peugeot will always have 670hp available, with part time 4wd, with some power coming from ICE and some from hybrid, compared to say, the Glickenhaus which will always have 670hp available from ICE alone with full time rwd.
Yes, I understand that ICE + motors must be <= 500 kW at any time. The maximum power will be electronically managed between ICE and motors (forward wheels). When the battery is empty the ICE gives the full allowed 670 hp i.e 500kW (rear only).
Old 14 Dec 2020, 13:07 (Ref:4022878)   #144
canaglia
Veteran

the layout is quite strange... 919 and ts050 had battery on the right side of the monocoque, guess placing the battery between monocoque and ICE is a way to use the whole new reg. lenght of LMH, even if I fear weight distribution could be really tricky. Max power of ICE will be basically made by fuel tank size and fuel flow rates (if still will be used).
Old 14 Dec 2020, 19:14 (Ref:4022955)   #145
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Does this help:

This is not how I remember the 919. I suppose the Evo spec smoothed things out a little.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 19:19 (Ref:4022958)   #146
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Does this help:

This was of course during the infamous 'measles' phase of development......
Old 14 Dec 2020, 19:31 (Ref:4022961)   #147
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Lego has a lot of questions to answer
Old 14 Jan 2021, 11:34 (Ref:4028949)   #148
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This may have been posted elsewhere on the forum, but even if it has, the information belongs on here too for sure...

According to AUTOhebdo, Peugeot have already selected the six drivers who will drive their two factory hypercars:

Jean-Eric Vergne (30)
Loïc Duval (38)
Kevin Magnussen (28)
Mikkel Jensen (26)
Paul di Resta (34)
Gustavo Menezes (26)

The list isn't 'official', of course, but AUTOhebdo are very well placed when reporting all things French, so I suspect it'll transpire that there's a fair degree of accuracy regarding the names on this list.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 11:48 (Ref:4028951)   #149
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
This may have been posted elsewhere on the forum, but even if it has, the information belongs on here too for sure...

According to AUTOhebdo, Peugeot have already selected the six drivers who will drive their two factory hypercars:

Jean-Eric Vergne (30)
Loïc Duval (38)
Kevin Magnussen (28)
Mikkel Jensen (26)
Paul di Resta (34)
Gustavo Menezes (26)

The list isn't 'official', of course, but AUTOhebdo are very well placed when reporting all things French, so I suspect it'll transpire that there's a fair degree of accuracy regarding the names on this list.
No Grosjean and two danish drivers!
Very surprising.
Expect even more danish fans in the future!
Old 14 Jan 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4028963)   #150
deggis
Veteran

Finland
And one American (!).